57% would recommend to a friend
(916 total reviews)
77% approve of CEO
Found 916 of over 953 reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Very low pay for this position and you may remain with this title for as long as another senior designer position comes available" (in 46 reviews)
- "poor management within the scarsdale and harts dale area in New York." (in 44 reviews)
- "No commission and the stores goals are huge." (in 31 reviews)
- "Awful upper management." (in 25 reviews)
- "My manager called another employee a very derogatory term and was not only not fired for it but was later promoted." (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of La-Z-Boy and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 7, 2023Senior AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMonroe, MI
This is the most supportive company I've ever worked for. I have a boss that let's me manage my time however I see fit. I have a good deal of schedule flexibility to balance work responsibilities and personal responsibilities. I appreciate that we have Employee Resource Groups that offer a variety of personal and professional development opportunities. The cafe offers a variety of delicious food options. I appreciate the beautiful campus with a walking path and a couple of offices with walking desks that can be reserved by anyone who would like to use them.
I not in love with the open office concept. I like the stability of an assigned desk and the ability to leave a few personal items on that desk. Even though we don't have assigned desks, most of us choose to sit in the same desk each way. We went through some restructuring, which is never fun. I felt like the communication with the company as a whole could have been handled better. The rumor mill had spread the names of a few of the people who had been cut before the official announcement came out a week later. Job change announcements are not always done in a timely manner. I have 3 people I work with that I realized had been promoted well before the official announcement came out. I view these as minor cons. La-Z-Boy is still the best company I have had the pleasure to work for.
- 5.0Oct 6, 2023Senior Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsTucson, AZ
1. Competitive Base Salary: With a $3,400 monthly base, it provides a stable income regardless of sales performance, which is higher than many other commission-based roles. 2. High Earning Potential: The opportunity to earn six figures and above for top-performing sales reps showcases the potential for significant financial rewards. 3. Reputable Brand: Working for La-Z-Boy, a recognized name in the furniture industry, can provide credibility and an inherent trust factor with customers.
1. Commission Pressure: Relying on commissions can create stress, especially during slower sales months or economic downturns. 2. Competitive Environment: While high earners showcase potential, it may also mean a competitive sales floor, which isn’t for everyone. 3. Potential for Long Hours: In a commission-based role, there might be an expectation or necessity to work longer hours, weekends, or holidays to meet sales goals and serve customers.
- 1.0Oct 28, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbus, OH
Good store team, nice people on staff besides one person
Terrible upper management/communication terrible treatment from customer base, Horrible work-life balance, low pay.
- 3.0Sep 2, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsFairfax, VA
Quality furniture and home accessories. In store designer to work with customers to redesign/decorate their whole home. Many options of fabrics and leathers to choose from. Also, both stationary and motion furniture is available and new styles are continually brought out. A base pay was given along with earning commission on what you sold. In addition continual training is provided on products and on business topics which is valuable.
The turn over rate which puts employees in challenging positions at times to meet customer needs. Also, having to perpetually multi-task with selling (customers in front of you), phones (customers on the phone), and keeping the store looking presentable, and having issues arise that need immediate attention.
- 2.0Apr 20, 2023ProductionCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDayton, TN
Some of the people that work there are great. And that’s really about it.
I have worked at this place for years and it keeps getting worse. Sexual harassment that is reported and nothing is done. Sexual harassment from the plant manager. Extreme racism . No work life balance. Unfair pay practices. Hr and management are so intertwined it’s not funny. They play games and go back and forth with you and only have each others back. They try intimidating you if you bring up an issue with pay.1
La-Z-Boy Reviews FAQs
La-Z-Boy has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 953 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at La-Z-Boy to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
57% of La-Z-Boy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated La-Z-Boy 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.