LaBov & Beyond Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Barry Labov

1. "Do the best work of your life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at LABOV, you are surrounded by people with one common goal, to do the best work of their lives for the best clients. Employees strive to think outside-the-box and come up with unique solutions for our clients. The leadership team encourages open communication and welcomes employees feedback. LABOV is constantly exploring improvements and implementing good change within the organization. LABOV is a creative, energetic, inspiring, passionate and overall fun place to work!

Cons

I'm challenged everyday to go beyond, but l love this about LABOV.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees and encouraging open communication. Continue focusing on building strong relationships with clients.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you, we will continue to listen!

2. "recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best opportunities of my life

Cons

Focused on growing people, clients and never giving up on that

Advice to Management

the care for employees is great

"Hop on board the Crazy Train!"

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time

Pros

Dedicated and talented employees with an impressive client list consisting of both national and local clients. Decent benefits package. Travel opportunities.

Cons

Dysfunctional; management by fear, intimidation and ridicule; limited creative staff; cookie-cutter and recycled "strategic" ideas; dated mentality and processes; it's not unusual for childish tantrums and meltdowns from select staff; witch-hunt tactics used against employees; if you're young and single - expect to travel and work at their disposal; no career opportunities in a flat, dictatorship environment.

Advice to Management

Times have changed and so are your clients. Stop gossiping about employees to others including their peers and clients - it's so transparent. Posting timely fictitious reviews to improve your ratings while attempting to indiscreetly slander former employees - priceless.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

It is frustrating to have a job that is not a good fit. We hope you move forward and find that perfect fit. We choose not to look at it as good versus bad--sometimes a company or an employee simply ... More

4. "A place where you can do your best work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came from a large market but had ties to Indiana. LaBov is the best of both worlds, you have the world-class clients and you have the Midwest family culture.

Cons

Every company has its issues, but LaBov does care about its people and clients and I have yet to see anything not addressed if there as a issue. Plus, I have never been at a company that actually listens to their employees so much as LaBov does.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being the rare company in a small city that cares about employees and clients so much.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you. We think our team is pretty special. Out of medium size market we serve clients all of the country and the world. Our employees are our company.

"Faded Glory"

Former Employee - Interactive in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Interactive in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

History of great design and great clients
    Scrappy and determined -- can usually pull off some pretty amazing things on a shoestring
    Used to be pretty flexible about work arrangements and had several off-site employees

Cons

Generally works on a shoestring but pays on one, too. I went from working in a department of several specialists to having to do everything but apps myself but my pay didn't reflect all the extra skills I was providing that would have cost the company a lot to have to hire additional people to do. Instead, they actually removed the "senior" from my title "because you're the only one" as if I didn't know it was so they could pay me less in the long term. Just unbelievably cheap. They changed vacation pay to PTO and then announced this meant they didn't have to pay out anything when someone quit (which many people were doing), so by the time I got smart and left, I didn't get a dime of my hard-earned vacation time.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

Sorry for your frustration. Our salaries are above the norm, we check them against numerous sources to ensure while we expect excellence, we reward it as well. Our client list was and still is ... More

""The Firm" of Fort Wayne"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They boast some national clients and a chance to get big time experience. I guess you can put their brands on your resume. And you get paid okay for the work you do.

Cons

I have never worked at a company that had a more passive aggressive environment. Once you are in, you find yourself in a place that seems really positive but it is all a facade. They boast ethics but they are questionable. They focus on family values, but often point fingers at each other. Honestly, it is like a cult environment where the leadership all bows and agrees with the man with his name on the door -- but they are paid to do so.

Advice to Management

Give the little people a chance to make you better -- it can't last forever.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

We understand you are unhappy, due to the numerous reviews you have posted here. LABOV is a high profile firm in Fort Wayne and many times it is part of your identity to others. We strive to be fair ... More

"Some good, mostly bad."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chance to work on exciting projects for amazing clients/brands. Most people working there are talented, dedicated, friendly - they're just not in the right positions, unfortunately.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement leads to extreme paranoia and overall feeling of distrust. People not empowered to grow, lead, expand. Cult of personality poisons culture and atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Lead by letting go.

"Stress & disappointment"

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time

Pros

The small agency atmosphere is a great place to learn the business and the client roster at LaBov was great. The community of Fort Wayne was fun and a great place for family.

Cons

Benefits did not outweigh the negative aspects. From the top down, there was so much negativity and anger, paranoia and disrespect. It really impacted everyone at all levels and could be traced back to the man in the corner office. Namecalling, yelling, swearing, mocking...just demoralizing behavior...all par for the course. To see an employee cry at least once a week was not uncommon, which is sad for a place that could be so great and positive otherwise. Benefits were cut, too...more than once...under the guise of a poor economy. (Not an easy approach to take when owners are rolling in with new cars, buying new houses or private planes.) All goes back to respect.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with smarter, savvier people who know how to run a business and treat people with dignity. Be good to your employees. And stop writing fake posts on Glassdoor to improve your ratings--its so transparent.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

As for fake posts, please follow your own advice. If what you described was even remotely true, there would not have been a company here, let alone a respected one. People who read reviews are ... More

9. "15 Years of Energy and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for LaBov & Beyond for over 15 years. It has been one of the most meaningful and inspiring work experiences I've ever had. The quality ethics, energy and opportunity here are simply amazing; glad to be here.

Cons

Not really a con, but it is a high-energy, fast paced work environment. Not everyone can handle it, and I've seen some people burn out pretty fast. Other than that, I can't think of anything big. You get out of it what you put into it, here.

May 4, 2017 – CEO

Thanks, we do have a lot of energy and it can be overwhelming for some. We've tried to become more sensitive to that. Good point.

"Never felt more valued at my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at LaBov & Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nobody gives you more focus or respect than this company. LaBov & Beyond is a blessing in my life. No other company shows their employees so much respect and assurance than this one.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. They are not an enormous company, so if you end up butting heads with someone, you're going to have to deal with it sooner or later - no room to hide.