KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
LaGrange College President Dan McAlexander
Dan McAlexander
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy ad Caring Community

Jul 31, 2020 - Assistant Director in Lagrange, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Focus is on the students and each other. Always thinking of ways to do better. Environment that is open to sharing ideas and trying new things. Very patient people and tons of opportunities to collaborate with other departments.

Cons

Insurance and salaries could be a bit better/higher, but I'm sure everyone says that about every businesses.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Pretty good place to work

Jan 19, 2021 - Assistant Professor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very community oriented, colleagues are friendly, facilities are mostly very good

Cons

Salary not up to national standards, benefits only decent

3. The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,842

955 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experience Outlook Depends On Department

Jul 29, 2019 - Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

LaGrange College has a very friendly environment for the most part. The campus is beautiful and most of the faculty and staff work hard to make you feel a part of the community. It's exciting to be a part of campus life and to take in the environment. The students are also wonderful for the most part and are a constant reminder of why you do what you do. The environment can be pretty relaxed and taking PTO is very easy.

Cons

LaGrange College is a non-profit, private school so prepare to make way less than the market value of your salary for most lower-level staff positions. In my case, my wage was barely livable. Because of this, most staff are overworked and disgruntled and it affects their work ethic. Depending on your department, leadership/management is very bureaucratic and if you do not have a leadership role, you will not have much say in decisions. In my experience, I felt overworked and underpaid with no room for advancement or increase in pay or professional development. "Small campus politics" are a HUGE factor here when it comes to dealing with conflict and the "mood" of the campus changes frequently.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Major Gifts Officer

Jan 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent community of individuals who all share in the common goal of educating students.

Cons

You are expected to be part of the overall college community which means attending events and programs.

6. 5.0

Great Work Environment

Apr 16, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

LaGrange College has an encouraging and supportive environment, and I have enjoyed my time there. It is a great place to work!

Cons

No cons from my time there

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Staff Position

Feb 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best experiences of my professional life. LaGrange has one of the most sincere, loving faculties one could imagine. It is a great environment and attracts students who truly aspire to live the College's mission. I have heard countless stories of faculty keeping life-long friendships with students

Cons

The financial crisis crippled small, private colleges. I suspect the LaGrange's leadership - and currently LaGrange's leadership has been siloed to one person - has felt the pressure of the crisis and hasn't handled it well. Luckily, the school's history, tradition and fact that it has such amazing people around the campus has been able to overcome the top spot's misguided "leadership"

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

I am a graduate assistant coach.

Feb 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The academic program is great, and the town is a nice area to live in. The price of living is cheap.

Cons

The athletic department receives little to no support from the rest of the school. The salary is not liveable at all.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent place with friendly people!

Aug 28, 2015 - Professor
    Business Outlook

Pros

LaGrange College is an excellent place to work. The people are very friendly and helpful. The students are wonderful. I feel lucky to work here!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Could be great

Aug 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-lots of independence at work for you to follow your own plan -community atmosphere

Cons

-many expectations that are not in job description -not fairly compensated for work and time -really disorganized management

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews