LaRosa's Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike LaRosa

Pros
  • flexible schedule,great vacation packaget, works well with school schedules (in 7 reviews)

• LaRosa's team members are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They are to worried about labor costs and not worried enough about customer service (in 2 reviews)

• Also, many of the cooks in the kitchen are younger high school people so theyre not really concerned with getting the food out as quickly as possible (in 2 reviews)

1. "Nook Manager"

Current Employee - Nook Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Nook Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing staff and management. Relaxed staff environment but very professionally run.

Cons

Expect inconsistent rush and slow periods.

2. "Do not work here!"

I worked at LaRosa's full-time

Pros

flexible schedule,great vacation packaget, works well with school schedules

Cons

Managers pick and choose who they like, if they don't like you, you are fired without a reason.

Advice to Management

Need to be more professional

3. "One of the best food service jobs in Cincinnati, with a couple drawbacks."

Current Employee - Server in Finneytown, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Finneytown, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're taken care of at work. One of few restaurants that will feed you for free as long as you ask. If you're a hard worker, managers will work with you on scheduling and flexibility. The company shows appreciation for their employees in many ways as well. The servers typically work well together as a team, and even work well with managers on proper times to make cuts.

Cons

Patience is definitely a virtue here, especially with the predominantly teenage cooks. Income as a server is inconsistent, as business is very up and down depending on the location and clientele. Staffing is inconsistent some days too; one day you're understaffed, and the next day it's overstaffed.

Advice to Management

The way you staff and structure servers needs updating. Decide on a system (rotation, sections, etc) and stick with it. Work with your employees, yes, but be consistent.

5. "Loved my time there."

Former Employee - Pizz Delivery Driver in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY
    Former Employee - Pizz Delivery Driver in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY

I worked at LaRosa's part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No boss most the time. Got yo be on your own while delivering the orders. Only had a boss when back at the store.

Cons

Beat up your own car. The company does pay a mileage based on the amount you deliver but this is tough to save.

Advice to Management

Good job.

6. "Delivery driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

Decent hours, flexible hours, can somewhat make your own schedule, decent on request offs

Cons

bad management at times, workers com e and go very often, have some workers that have worked there for years, requested to become a manger and just gave me the ring around

Advice to Management

when there is a complaint never just take the customer side and listen to your employees complaints

7. "Good first job"

Current Employee - Cook in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Cook in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, excellent coworkers, advancement, plenty of hours.

Cons

Low base pay, monotonous work.

8. "Easy Job"

Pros

Very easy and straightforward job
    Possibilities for raises and promotions

Cons

Can be too straightforward at times, can easily become boring or tiresome

9. "CSR for over a year"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is really flexible and the managers are really cool. The atmosphere is cool and you get to feel like you're a part of something more. Larosa's does a lot of charitable things which is cool and can lead to a feeling of satisfaction.

Cons

We don't get the same discounts as the locations only 15% and some of the managers are petty. We have out numbers not times and some the managers won't let you off at your number they skip over you, and that can lead to late nights that could've been avoided. The customers can be a little rude when it isn't necessary, and the superiors don't care that can lead one to go into not ready and be off the phone for a little bit which leads to getting in trouble. Some co-workers are either lazy or nosy. We just got bumped up to $8.25, the job is worth more than minimum wage especially after working or over a year.

Advice to Management

Listen to our complaints, we don't just whine our complaints are serious and lead to us doing a worse job than we can do.

10. "server"

Former Employee - Food Server
    Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

Good employees and ok help is what you get from larosa's. Friendly environment at all times. Very strict on rules and impressions.

Cons

The management plays favors. They treat some like gold and others like dirt anymore. We are there to work not make friends.

Advice to Management

There are good and bad bosses but its just not right to be like that. Equal oppertunity has been long forgotten and so has "give respect to get respect."

11. "Organized, efficient, and work-minded."

Current Employee - Trainer in Greendale, IN
    Current Employee - Trainer in Greendale, IN

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work. All food except some vegetables and cheeses are pre-made. Cooking is a breeze.

Sometimes very slow in the mornings. Allows for productive cleaning times.

Closing is fairly easy. Not much late night business to keep you there later than an hour after close.

Your voice is easily heard, management has always gotten back to me about any issue.

Promotions come quickly to those who have incentive to improve the business.

Management is easy to talk to, very friendly.

Driving team makes very good money for pizza drivers. 7% commission on every delivery, plus tips, and hourly wage.

Serving is serving.

Bartending is lucrative.

Cons

No scheduled food runners or bussers, servers and hosts handle the dining room.

No raises at my location. That may stir some people the wrong way, but these bonuses are essentially raises are paid to you quarterly. So, the money adds up.

One employee is scheduled to unload truck, this can be overwhelming to someone who is not physically capable to handle that kind of work.

No benefits unless you reach general manager.

Advice to Management

Keep it up people, you're getting better every day.