LaRosa's Reviews | Glassdoor

LaRosa's Reviews

Updated Sep 25, 2019

3.6
LaRosa's CEO Mike LaRosa (no image)
Mike LaRosa
  1. "General Manager"

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Well known Cincinnati restaurant, takes care of employees. Offers benefits.

Cons

Many hours, constantly being on call for the store you manage.

Advice to Management

Talk to ownership for more manager help and pay incentives.

LaRosa's2018-05-16

"Decent Job for Student"

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

Fun community (atleast in my case) Negotiable on hours, even when we were understaffed Management was really cool No Drug Test If your store passes its food costs goal (not wasting ingredients) you get a 40$ gift card to Amazon, Target, etc. It's also not very hard to reach this goal, lol.

Cons

When working as a cook in any restaurant, a big con is always smelling like the food. My car, my room, my work clothes, pizza smell sticks. Even after a shower and thorough hand scrubbing, I can smell pizza on my hands (yes I wear gloves) for days after a shift. One of the reasons I was so excited to work here is because two of my brothers had years before me, and our whole family got in on their 50% food discount.... Now, though, you get up to 4$ in food at the end of every shift (i.e. a small pizza, rondos, a calzone, or a salad). It's better than nothing, but I'd rather have the free meal and 50% discount, like before.

Advice to Management

No real complaints. Bring back Large gloves, the XL and mediums are too big and too small for most male workers.

LaRosa's2018-05-10
  3. "Larosas"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Edgewood, KY

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management is great and so are the people who work there.

Cons

Just dealing with difficult customers

Advice to Management

Be better staffed

LaRosa's2018-05-11
  4. "Hostess"

I worked at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

Great benefits like free pizza and discounts

Cons

Lacking in management at times

LaRosa's2018-04-23

"Don't make enough money and weekends and evenings on lock"

Current Employee - Cook in Oxford, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had a good learning experience and taught me more how a business is ran which is what I am going to study.

Cons

Sometimes there is extra food to eat when someone messes up but other than that we only get 25% off, and it's still expensive so I always find myself skipping dinner.

Advice to Management

Feed your employees

LaRosa's2018-04-12
  6. "Mediocre at best"

I worked at LaRosa's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job was a piece of cake, one of the easiest I've ever had. I gained many repeat customers, who were kind and a general pleasure to serve.

Cons

This is by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in the food industry. Working here absolutely reminded me as to why I prefer local and family owned over chain. They preach a family atmosphere, but provide anything but. I dedicated several years to this company without a call off or coming in late. I picked up shifts and filled in at several other stores in and out of the Dayton market. Huber Heights... had such a high turn over rate for not only employees but managers too, it is no wonder it closed finally. The sales were the worst I've ever seen. Many of the managers were awful and were mostly concerned about getting high and drinking either on or off the clock, it got so bad that one of the underage cooks overdosed and another commuted suicide. The cooks were all mostly underage high school drop outs that couldn't read a ticket to save their lives. This ultimately resulted in long wait times and messed up orders. Drivers would come in smelling horrifically of smoke and alcohol from the night before not wearing deodorant or clean clothing. The higher up corporate management is just as awful. It's a corporation run by almost exclusively men. The women who are in upper management have no backbone.

Advice to Management

Truly treat your employees the way you say you will during their orientation. Offer promotions and incentives for long time loyal employees. Be willing to listen and acknowledge their are issues.

LaRosa's2018-04-09
  7. "Larosas"

I have been working at LaRosa's part-time

Pros

Coworkers are very kind. Free meal, unlimited drinks. Schedule is flexible

Cons

People get fired alot so it feels like youre on the apprentice, plus pretty much everyone regardless of their work and how long theyve been there is almost always minimum wage

Advice to Management

Offer raises to good employees, take care of workers, stop firing people like its going out of style

LaRosa's2018-04-08
  8. "Love it, but why?"

Current Employee - Management in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's easy, it's decent for my first serious job, and I'm just plain good at it.

Cons

Poor management, poor ownership, Far too laid back to be efficient.

Advice to Management

Just actually give a crap about the stuff that goes on in your store. It's not hard.

LaRosa's2018-03-24
  9. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative(CSR) in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere was great. It was such a nice working environment. All my coworkers were so nice and welcoming. It was just an all around amazing place and experience. I wish I still worked here.

Cons

Nothing really it was a very enjoyable opportunity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your CSR's they know what to work on to make it more proficient.

LaRosa's2018-03-04
  10. "A nice place to work"

Former Employee - Waitress in Newport, KY

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were mostly great. It's like any food service job though...there can be a lot of turnover and one dud can make everyone's life miserable. That said, management seemed to keep things under control to make it fair for everyone. There was definitely an emphasis on providing good service to the customer. It's a good place if you're looking for summer work while going to school. LaRosa's was my first job I... ever had so I'm thankful they gave me an opportunity when I had no experience at all.

Cons

It could sometimes be stressful, especially when people didn't show up for their shift and you had to take on more tables than usual. Service and the customers get the worst of it in that case.

LaRosa's2018-02-25