LaRosa's "high school" Reviews | Glassdoor

LaRosa's Employee Reviews about "high school"

Updated Sep 25, 2019

3.6
LaRosa's CEO Mike LaRosa (no image)
Mike LaRosa
Pros
  • "Job is easy and repetitive with a flexible schedule(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "25, the job is worth more than minimum wage especially after working or over a year(in 4 reviews)

• "Also, many of the cooks in the kitchen are younger high school people so theyre not really concerned with getting the food out as quickly as possible(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "high school"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Mediocre at best"

I worked at LaRosa's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job was a piece of cake, one of the easiest I've ever had. I gained many repeat customers, who were kind and a general pleasure to serve.

Cons

This is by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in the food industry. Working here absolutely reminded me as to why I prefer local and family owned over chain. They preach a family atmosphere, but provide anything but. I dedicated several years to this company without a call off or coming in late. I picked up shifts and filled in at several other stores in and out of the Dayton market. Huber Heights... had such a high turn over rate for not only employees but managers too, it is no wonder it closed finally. The sales were the worst I've ever seen. Many of the managers were awful and were mostly concerned about getting high and drinking either on or off the clock, it got so bad that one of the underage cooks overdosed and another commuted suicide. The cooks were all mostly underage high school drop outs that couldn't read a ticket to save their lives. This ultimately resulted in long wait times and messed up orders. Drivers would come in smelling horrifically of smoke and alcohol from the night before not wearing deodorant or clean clothing. The higher up corporate management is just as awful. It's a corporation run by almost exclusively men. The women who are in upper management have no backbone.

Advice to Management

Truly treat your employees the way you say you will during their orientation. Offer promotions and incentives for long time loyal employees. Be willing to listen and acknowledge their are issues.

LaRosa's2018-04-09
  2. "pay was bad"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for less than a year

Pros

they automatically recorded your greeting and you can frequently go out to smoke if your a smoker

Cons

employees only got an discount on food while at work and it was only 10% also the pay just minimum wage and it has allot of childish high school kids that play in he hallway

Advice to Management

raise the pay give better discounts and the pizza is amazing best in cincinnati

LaRosa's2017-02-26
  3. "Server"

Former Employee - Server

I worked at LaRosa's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The menu is very easy to remember. The opportunity is there to make pretty good money. On the weekends, I would walk out with $100. You don't have to tip out the host so every part of the tip goes to you. You get a free meal every shift.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism. Managers will make some people do all sidework and some will let their favorite employees get by without doing some. There is TONS of sidework. Typical drama between servers. Also, many of the cooks in the kitchen are younger high school people so theyre not really concerned with getting the food out as quickly as possible. A lot of goofing off in the kitchen that got real old real... quick. One more thing, don't expect all your schedule requests to be fulfilled. And they are picky about calling off, I was in a car accident and they "needed proof"

LaRosa's2016-03-01
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LaRosa's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly place to work great expirenece

Cons

High school kids, and repetitive

Advice to Management

N/a

LaRosa's2014-05-01