LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LaSalle Network President & CEO Tom Gimbel
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 18 reviews)

• LaSalle Network has an amazing company culture that fosters growth and rewards hard work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 25 reviews)

• The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 11 reviews)

1. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a LaSallian for almost a year now and I can't imagine working anywhere else. I love what I do and I love the people I do it with. I am challenged every day by both my peers and management. Everyone knows my name and cares about my career and my potential. Management is accessible and receptive. The more you invest in LaSalle, the more LaSalle invests in your.

Cons

Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it.

Advice to Management

Never change.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review and positive feedback!

2. "Fantastic recruiting experience."

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

I had a really great opportunity and experience to work with Lasalle and Colby, in particular, being recruited for a new role. I've worked with a number of recruiters over the years and it has been a mixed experience. Colby was different. I had full confidence and trust that he wanted what was best for me, regardless of whether or not I ended up pursuing the job that he was recruiting me for. He always wanted to know what was going to make me happy, what interested me and what didn't. and always kept the conversations honest, transparent and authentic. Lasalle and Colby in particular have easily been my best recruiting experience and I'm happy that we still maintain a relationship and he still keeps in touch and is happy to always hear about how my new role is going. I will always be going forward in my career measuring other similar experiences to the bar that Lasalle and Colby have set.

Cons

Nothing I could ever complain about.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience! We value your feedback and appreciate the kind words. Good luck with the next phase of your career, I know we will stay ... More

3. "Not For Everyone"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The Culture is built on genuinely caring about co-workers
    - Motivation comes from both leadership and peers
    - Healthy competition is pervasive
    - Achievements are recognized and rewarded
    - Your performance directly impacts your paycheck
    - If you work hard and have a great attitude, you have the opportunity to take control of your career

Cons

- If you think 50-55 hours is a long work week, the hours are "long"

Advice to Management

- Continue to commit to ongoing training and development
    - Remain present in company wide calls and meetings

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback - Hopefully the investment from me in our recent offsite training, as well as investing in an internal training department demonstrates we are committed to ongoing training ... More

5. "This is my career, not just a job"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Management is very supportive and understands that mistakes happen and that is how you learn and grow. They will push you to do your best and give you a lot of autonomy in your day to day. The job itself is tough. You are pushed outside of your comfort zone and challenged but once you get the hang of it, it is the most rewarding thing you will do. The culture is pretty great too. It is a lively bunch of people who can be 100% themselves. If you are a little quirky and weird then you'll fit in just fine. Another great piece about working at LaSalle is that you have full access to upper level management and the leadership team. It is a normal part of my day to walk up to our CEO, Tom and pick his brain or role play. He wants to get to know everyone that works there and invests time into developing your career.

Cons

Recruiting really isn't for everyone. It is a lot of stress and pressure that is put on your shoulders from the get go and it can feel like you are failing. You experience a lot of highs and lows back to back but management really is there to support you. The hours are long but if you love your job it isn't really an issue. It took a few weeks to get used to it. Salaries start low but if you put in 100% they give you raises fairly frequently.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff! You do a great job at it. I wouldn't be successful if I wasn't pushed as hard as I was from the beginning. The only thing I would do is let your people know you can take PTO. Sometimes it feels frowned upon to take it even though it is offered. I think with a job as demanding as this, you need to take sometime off or you'll burn out quickly.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the feedback. Recruiting is definitely a tough industry, and not right for everyone. If you stick it out, it can be extremely rewarding ... More

6. "Growth and Support"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the encouragement from upper-level management to the team work/daily work environment, LaSalle Network is truly one of the best places to work. You have exposure to management at your fingertips. You are learning and growing every single day. My team helps me inside and outside work. I am pushed, challenged, and motivated every day to become a better young professional and human being.

Cons

The hours - they aren't going to be for everyone but it's the nature of the job. When you work long and hard hours, you see the pay-off.

Advice to Management

Keep staying transparent. It's good to know that even leaders mess up sometimes.

May 7, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review and feedback. Glad you feel supported AND challenged - it's a good combination :)

7. "LaSalle Network is a Family"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with LaSalle Network for over a year now and I couldn't be more thankful that I found this company. Every day is different, and there are new challenges to overcome, but it keeps you on your toes and you continue to learn and grow. The best part is that your teammates and the entire company becomes a part of your family. If you are having a hard time personally or professionally, they are there to pick you up and help you through. We work in a very collaborative and team based environment that I would, and have continued to recommend to my friends.

Cons

Every workplace has it's minor challenges, but there is nothing so overwhelming that it needs to be documented in a review. One of the best parts about LaSalle is that if you are feeling upset or frustrated with something, there is an open door policy to management. You can vocalize your concerns and they will help right away. No need to hide behind a negative review.

Advice to Management

There is not much advice I can give, other than to keep supporting and caring for your teams! We appreciate you.

May 7, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the kind words and sharing your perspective. I'm glad you feel we've created a place where things - both positive and constructive - can be discussed openly without fear of repercussions ... More

8. "Best Place to Grow and Learn"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place where you are in control of your career. If you want to work hard and learn, upper management is there to guide you. Your experience at LaSalle is what you make it.

Cons

None. LaSalle pushes you outside of your comfort zone. If you view this as a con, this is not the place to for you.

Mar 26, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review!

9. "What it is like working at LaSalle Network"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our CEO is great. The rest of the ELT and management team are great. The people who they hire to be a part of LaSalle are there to work hard and make a difference for our company. They give us any resource we need to make our jobs easier and to be better. We have a great benefits package and perks for being a LaSallian. At LaSalle, you are encouraged to speak up for what you want. If you are not in the department you think you could thrive in, they do anything they can to get you there.

Cons

The hours are an adjustment to most. We work longer and harder than a lot of places. But that is what makes us great. We are rewarded for all the hard work that we put in.

Mar 26, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review and the positive feedback!

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone is held accountable. Professional and personal development is emphasized. Friendship is common. Caring is apparent. It is 100% a meritocracy. People with bad attitudes are confronted and if it doesn't change, they are exited. It's refreshing for a company to let producers go in the name of culture.

Everyone is encouraged to laugh and to engage with clients and candidates. Great environment to learn and grow.

Cons

Same as any other company. If you don't like work, you probably won't like LaSalle Network. It's hard work. It feels good when we win and it's sad when we lose. But we learn and move on.

Advice to Management

I've been in management. It's a great team. As long as we all keep challenging each other and step out of our comfort zones we will continue to grow and be great.

Mar 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review!

11. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, Management Team

Cons

Some days you will have to work longer hours.