LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
LaSalle Network President & CEO Tom Gimbel
Tom Gimbel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 19 reviews)

• Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 26 reviews)

• The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 11 reviews)

"Senior Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network continually challenges and pushes me to become better every day. Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms. The people I work with genuinely care and want to help me succeed. Upper management consistently provides helpful feedback and coaching that challenges me to become a better recruiter. At LaSalle Network you are not just a number, but a valued part of the company that will be recognized!

Cons

The recruiting industry has longer hours than your standard 9-5. If you love what you do, the days literally fly by, though!

Jun 16, 2017 – President & CEO

Love hearing this - thanks for your review!

2. "Good for fresh grads"

Former Employee - Call Center in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good people to be around
    -High energy work place
    -The CEO is a pretty perfect example of what a work ethic can bring you, the man means business

Cons

-You're going to work 50-60 hours a week for pretty low pay
    -Clique driven atmosphere, if you don't fit their mold you'll feel it
    -Voting or responding to surveys to make sure they never miss an award
    -Way too much emphasis on the "cult"ure and not the work product
    -It's recruiting.....you're not doing anything satisfying

3. "Thanks for My First Job"

Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are the most hard working individuals. Each have their own aspirations, and I'm glad to be on a team with them.

Cons

There can be confusion as the direction to our departments, but I think our C level executives are figuring out just how everyone, and every department, fits in.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to be as transparent as possible, and more people will buy into this culture, and what we are doing here.

"Working as a PM at LaSalle Network"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some really good people worked there! We had some awesome work parties. Some people genuinely cared for each other.

Cons

I never worked less than 55 hours per week. The base salary was very low, came out after taxes to less than min wage. My commissions were never paid out when I first started, much of my commission was based off a team approach. We would have to take out our phones and up vote LaSalle for awards with CEO and management watching. The people were cool but the culture was fake and pushed hard. Lunch always taken at your desk.

Advice to Management

Slow down on the Micro-Managing. There are hard workers there.

Jul 7, 2017 – President & CEO

A good portion of the bonuses paid on many groups do have a team component. We always pay out earned commissions and bonuses. With almost all firms in our industry, until we are paid, we don't pay... More

"Honest Feedback"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at LaSalle as a scheduler/researcher at their Oakbrook location. It is a decent entry level job for fresh grads. Good first job for gaining experience in the professional world. Pay is average.

Cons

To start, I would not characterize myself as a disgruntled employee at all but I have to speak on a couple of things that were flat out wrong and messed up about my experience here.

Schedulers are treated almost subhuman like. Once a week breakfast and lunch are complimentary. While every other employee can go up and get food but schedulers had to wait until everyone else ate and if there was any left then we could grab something to eat.

They have what they call rebirthdays, basically just work anniversaries and they're a big deal at LaSalle. They put ballons around the whole office, that person gives a speech, and it's just a big celebration. It's actually a really cool idea except that schedulers never got their anniversaries celebrated and were never allowed to join the celebration. So literally, while people we worked next to were laughing and celebrating, we schedulers were supposed to just work and sit on our computers.

Once a year, they have a huge celebration (I cant remember what for) where everyone gets the day off and they go to the Chicago office and drink and hangout. It's an all day thing. Schedulers weren't allowed to go and my team had to go to work that day. We were the only group of people In the entire office.(In their defense, we were allowed to leave 2 hrs. Early).

This is just a glimpse into what I experienced here. Again, I have no issues with this company and I can see how it may be a great fit for some but In my experience I feel everyone was not treated equal.

Advice to Management

Be inclusive of everyone, no matter how low level.

"How do they get these awards?"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a twenty-something who is still in party mode, this is the place for you.

Cons

Everything about the place is fake. Fake people, fake smiles, fake awards. Marketing and management literally forces employees to vote for themselves for awards. Very similar to the Cubs begging fans to vote for Kris Bryant to make the all star line up. Work hours are long, which isn't the issue... the issue is the lack of compensation and the brainwashing of employees that they HAVE to work these hours to make money and contribute to the "team". No thanks, LaSalle. Also, the CEO rubbed me the wrong way. Why is an older gentleman a component of doing shots on a Friday with 20-year olds? That screams unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns! You're all terrible. I think it's hilarious that there is a Culture team at LaSalle, because there are so many issues with the forced fun culture they have created.

Jul 7, 2017 – President & CEO

It's hard not to be defensive with a post like this. So I guess I'll start by asking why you stayed over a year to work with 200 people who are so fake? The people are fake? We have some of the... More

"Office Assistant"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work. Team oriented, hardworking and dedicated people.

Cons

I have no Cons for this company.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post. Thankfully we have some nice people who aren't fake and just like working here :)

8. "Recruiting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees that work hard are really appreciated, management is very approachable and receptive

Cons

Hours can be long if you don't love what you do

Advice to Management

Great job

9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

I've made great friends and we have a young vibrant work culture
    Business casual environment is nice
    Relative autonomy in your role once up and running
    We have great resources + the technology/equipment we use is very up to date

Cons

Like any commission/bonus heavy role, the incentive structure encourages you to work 10-12 hour days. You must be willing to take important calls, talk to a great candidate, as well as coordinate urgent interviews during evening/night hours. This is a fact of life at any agency based recruiting role and not LaSalle Specific. Just something for prospective employees to understand coming in!

Advice to Management

We just ran a white paper that explains how new college grads and millennials really value work life balance and flexibility. I think we do a good job about being flexible in certain aspects - allowing employees to run to the bank or a doctors appointment with out taking the day off, but the PTO policy is standard, not competitive, and there is now work from home or summer half day policy. Let's act on our own primary research and make a few changes!

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review, and your feedback. Sirmara and our HR team are constantly evaluating our benefits and looking at ways to add more value to our employees. Unfortunately, some things aren't... More

10. "This is my career, not just a job"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Management is very supportive and understands that mistakes happen and that is how you learn and grow. They will push you to do your best and give you a lot of autonomy in your day to day. The job itself is tough. You are pushed outside of your comfort zone and challenged but once you get the hang of it, it is the most rewarding thing you will do. The culture is pretty great too. It is a lively bunch of people who can be 100% themselves. If you are a little quirky and weird then you'll fit in just fine. Another great piece about working at LaSalle is that you have full access to upper level management and the leadership team. It is a normal part of my day to walk up to our CEO, Tom and pick his brain or role play. He wants to get to know everyone that works there and invests time into developing your career.

Cons

Recruiting really isn't for everyone. It is a lot of stress and pressure that is put on your shoulders from the get go and it can feel like you are failing. You experience a lot of highs and lows back to back but management really is there to support you. The hours are long but if you love your job it isn't really an issue. It took a few weeks to get used to it. Salaries start low but if you put in 100% they give you raises fairly frequently.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff! You do a great job at it. I wouldn't be successful if I wasn't pushed as hard as I was from the beginning. The only thing I would do is let your people know you can take PTO. Sometimes it feels frowned upon to take it even though it is offered. I think with a job as demanding as this, you need to take sometime off or you'll burn out quickly.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the feedback. Recruiting is definitely a tough industry, and not right for everyone. If you stick it out, it can be extremely rewarding... More