LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
LaSalle Network President & CEO Tom Gimbel
Tom Gimbel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 20 reviews)

• Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 26 reviews)

1. "Great!"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great at listening to what you are looking for and placing you accordingly

Cons

Hourly wage could be a little better

"Got a job through LaSalle"

Current Freelancer - Recruited in Chicago, IL
    Current Freelancer - Recruited in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network (Less than a year)

Pros

My interviewers were very thorough, affable, honest, and well spoken. A few weeks after interviewing with them, they connected me with a company that fit me pretty well and I received the temp to permanent position. I think the fact that I was fairly open in my search helped as well.
    Open till 7 which is nice if you need to pick up a check.

Cons

The balloons covering the lobby floor are ridiculous. Many interviewers are wearing stilettos and it's a hazard. Also, when I asked about them, they said it was for someone's anniversary, but they have been there for months. They're unprofessional and unnecessary.

They also require you to give them your Social Security number before they will send your resume to any companies.

If you get a job through them as temp to perm, they will not give you paid time off for holidays.

Advice to Management

If you must with the balloons, use helium so they float.

A little less cheesy in general would be nice. We aren't there to attend your kid's birthday party. Some of the applicants have been unemployed for months/years and this isn't all fun and games for them.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Full Time in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Full Time in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The culture here is not fake. People are incredibly genuine and want you to succeed. Weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager and constant feedback on your work. Everyone says hi to each other and is there for you if you need help. The training program is amazing and we have weekly company-wide meetings. The team based environment is great and it makes sense why LaSalle is always getting recognized for its culture. It is a great job to learn professionalism and to have fun while doing it.

Cons

The biggest con is work-life balance. The work hard/play hard attitude is great, but when leaving at 6 feels early it makes it difficult to imagine staying here for more than a couple of years. Things are time sensitive in this industry so its understandable to have some late nights, but I'm not sure why it is necessary to stay until 6 if you don't need to. The turnover rate seems high and if the hours weren't strictly 8-6 this rate would definitely be lower. Sure there will always be people that don't love what they do and go somewhere else but it seems to be the biggest pain for most of the employees here, and it really is the only major con of working here. Compensation is pretty low for the industry as well, but if you work hard it will pay off in bonuses.

Advice to Management

The management team is amazing, and its hard to come up with much advice other than to keep learning from each other. Remember that your subordinates are taking after you, so if you eat lunch at your desk every day chances are they feel they have to too. You all lead by example in more ways than you probably realize, which can be both good and bad.

Sep 16, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the review and the feedback. It's hard to overlook your comments regarding the hours. I've always believed that you should get your work done and however long that takes you, those are... More

4. "Administrative"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There are no best reasons .

Cons

They continue to call you for an interview. But they never call back with an Assignment .

Advice to Management

Put as much effort in finding Assignment as you do in calling for interviews.

"Good place to learn about business"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I appreciate the collaborative environment that is structured around teamwork. People aren't belittled for making mistakes, and instead, you'll discuss "learns" with your team so that everyone can improve best practices. It makes the long days go by more quickly when you are encouraged to interact with your team and other colleagues.

Cons

Very hard to find work-life balance. Minimum 50-hour work week with the expectation that you'll put in more hours and be available offline in order to be considered an above average performer.

Advice to Management

Hitting a high-volume metrics goal isn't always as valuable as quality of work and taking the time to give strategic thought to recruiting and client service.

Sep 16, 2017 – President & CEO

From your title, I'd infer you are new(er) to the organization. In your first 30, 60, 90 days, hitting metrics is crucial. It sets the foundation for your work product and performance in the months... More

"Invested Employee"

Current Employee - Recruiter/PM
    Current Employee - Recruiter/PM

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one asked me to write this, I am just an invested 2 year employee who wants people to really see that there are 2 sides. I've had highs and lows here but overall trusted the process and got through it.

You're rewarded for hard work. You will learn a work ethic that you didn't even know you had. You will be surrounded by people who actually care about your personal life. You don't have to be friends with everyone but they will respect you. You will be pushed and challenged but you will come out of it strong. You can make friends with people on ELT, or directors, or managers, etc. You will work a lot and be inspired by the people around you. You'll hear a lot of Tom's speeches and analogies and if you don't walk out feeling motivated - then maybe it's not the place for you.

There's so many pros about working here. It's a great place to start your career. It's a great place to make mistakes, fall, and overcome. Management is hands on.

No one forces you to do anything, management asks you to be honest with them.

Cons

There are culture suckers here and they are easy to identify. I think that is the BIGGEST CON. There are days when you won't love it here but to come every day and complain about everything, just leave. It is very clear from interview 1 to Glassdoor we work minimum 8-6. We're rewarded with perks for that hard work through bonuses, L44, parties, bagels, and so much more. Those people are a con... they slack, they don't put in work, they're negative.

Advice to Management

Updates on who quits? I'm just always curious.

Jul 17, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post. Management works hard to create a culture like what you have described. There are a few people who do suck the positive culture away... and in 20 years I... More

7. "Excellent Place To Work!!!"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Incredible Culture! Everyone is high energy, and driven to win the right way! There is unbelievable support both professionally and personally. All you see all day are smiles on the faces of people in the office. The environment is contagious.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the team is growing out of the building, and we need to expand. The hours are what they need to be and there are no other concerns I have.

Advice to Management

Keep adding great people like you have been

Jul 24, 2017 – President & CEO

Love the review. Thanks for taking the time to post. Space seems to always be an issue :)

8. "Thanks for My First Job"

Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are the most hard working individuals. Each have their own aspirations, and I'm glad to be on a team with them.

Cons

There can be confusion as the direction to our departments, but I think our C level executives are figuring out just how everyone, and every department, fits in.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to be as transparent as possible, and more people will buy into this culture, and what we are doing here.

Jul 24, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time. Believe me we are working on it. High growth and great culture is a hard challenge but we are up to the task.

Thank you for the positive attitude. I'm sure there... More

"Really"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Nothing with a Responce like that from lasalle group!

Cons

Obviously cannot take criticism

Advice to Management

When you are responding to a review of fake people be professional in your critic. A better way to impress people is to be the bigger person you did not do that in your review and lasalle network looks like a joke!

Jul 17, 2017 – President & CEO

I'm sorry you have such disdain for me and the company. Please feel free to come by my office this week as I'm in town and we can talk about what you dislike and if you're truly not happy, we can... More

"Senior Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network continually challenges and pushes me to become better every day. Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms. The people I work with genuinely care and want to help me succeed. Upper management consistently provides helpful feedback and coaching that challenges me to become a better recruiter. At LaSalle Network you are not just a number, but a valued part of the company that will be recognized!

Cons

The recruiting industry has longer hours than your standard 9-5. If you love what you do, the days literally fly by, though!

Jun 16, 2017 – President & CEO

Love hearing this - thanks for your review!