LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LaSalle Network President & CEO Tom Gimbel
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 18 reviews)

• LaSalle Network has an amazing company culture that fosters growth and rewards hard work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 12 reviews)

• If you cannot keep up with a fast paced environment or are not interested in working long hours to see results; then LaSalle is not for you (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Still here for a reason"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*** I've legitimately never heard a single member of our leadership team or our marketing team pressuring people to write a POSITIVE review on any site or through any survey. There are certainly reminders and follow up asking people to complete surveys, but how would they make sure we only write positive things on anonymous surveys? Not sure how that logic works. The follow up is geared toward soliciting feedback, whether it be good OR bad.

On to the actual pros:
    - In general, people do their best to lead by example. I can't speak to every single person here in a supervisory role, but hard work, accountability, and drive are demonstrated by the majority of the managers I've dealt with.
    - Growth opportunity IF you ask for it, but not if you silently stew over it before quitting.
    - Personally, I'm a huge fan of my manager. They're in the trenches, always available, constantly asking for feedback, and make me feel like they always have my best interests and growth at heart. Having this level of trust really makes my job so much easier.
    - People can crack a joke and laugh at yours, even if they're bad.
    - You learn a lot about recruiting, both on the candidate and client side. Building up this knowledge of the Chicago business world is really interesting and (hopefully) will help me down the road if I decide to make a move.
    - If you work hard in the a job you LIKE, the money will follow. If you don't like it, think critically about why and how to solve that problem.

Cons

- I know I'm just repeating what a lot of people have said, but it's not for everyone. The hours honestly are more conducive to recent grads, who don't have families/spouses. However, seeing as I am in this phase of my life, I don't understand the reasoning behind not want to take advantage of it to work hard and move my career forward as much as possible.
    - Rapid growth leads to people feeling like they're being passed over for acknowledgement, or not given a fair chance to prove themselves. This is something that should improve as we work on developing producers into good managers to provide that oversight.

Advice to Management

All the intentions are there! The execution will take time, but please keep asking for feedback and listening to your employees. Paying careful attention to refining our processes is becoming more and more important as we are growing so quickly, and if we don't make sure we're doing the due diligence, issues will snowball.

Feb 19, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Really appreciate the review and the candor. Thanks for taking the time to write one. You definitely paint a clear picture of what it's like to work at LaSalle - two way accountability is huge, as is ... More

2. "LaSalle really is the BEST place to work.."

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, I love working with people who actually care about me and want to make me better. I don't know very many companies where your CEO sends you a text when you're not feeling well.. truly a family atmosphere. We work very hard and we play hard too! In addition to our culture, there is a great potential for growth. I was promoted after 4 months, it is great to be rewarded for your hard work and you sure get that here at LaSalle!

Cons

The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business. So, if you don't want to work hard then LaSalle probably isn't for you.. but that's ok!

Advice to Management

The accesses to management is incredible but as we continue to grow, continue to make time for one on one meetings with employees so we can continue to learn and get individual attention.

3. "Challenging Work, Amazing Environment - A Place for a Career"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network has been an absolute blessing when looking back at my time here as compared to where I was prior to now. I find the work to be thoroughly challenging and rewarding which was something desperately lacking from my previous employment. We have an environment where we are encouraged to ask for forgiveness instead of permission and are able to learn on a daily basis.

Our managers are easily accessible and consistently want what is best for us. The entire company is focused around growth, both individually and as an organization as a whole. There is also an extensive training program that starts day one and is built on throughout your time here through smaller group training and individual help when needed. We are also challenged on a daily basis to get the best results possible and are rewarded both professionally and personally for our efforts. I am not sure what else someone would want in the early stages of their career.

This does not even mention the additional perks that come with working here including a consistently fun working environment, fully paid incentive trips, work birthdays where the company celebrates your anniversary of starting here, amazing co-workers who genuinely care about you and your well-being (baby/bridal showers, texts and calls from C-Suite execs when you have life events and just to check in).

Cons

This job can be very challenging and the hours are long at times. These things are true and are reflected in multiple reviews prior to mine. It is not for everyone, but people who want to be here and try their hardest are rewarded for their efforts in numerous ways. Those things are consistently mentioned during the interview process and there is a lot of support when the individual starts to support them as best as possible.

No one wants to go to work every day, but even on those few days, I consider myself lucky to be able to come here and work for this organization.

Advice to Management

Nothing really! As we continue to expand I hope that we are able to maintain this culture and support system as I know it sets us apart!

Feb 19, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear your perspective on the training program, as well as the more informal training you receive regularly. Glad to hear you are enjoying coming to work, even ... More

5. "Great Culture"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a company with a great culture, this is the company for you. Everyone in the company is working towards one goal, friendly competition, co workers that turn into friends that turn into family. Always being challenged everyday. Not a single day is easy but still feeling accomplished. Growing not only professionally but personally. Managers care about their team - not only about their professional lives but personal as well. What you put into it, is what you get out of it.

Cons

The only con is that LN is growing so quickly, that it is difficult to know everyone from every office.

6. "Project Manager"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, access to management, everyone is very hard working and driven, managers really work with you and care about your growth and happiness!

Cons

You will work long hours

Feb 12, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review.

7. "Temp"

I have been working at LaSalle Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Large network of businesses in the Chicago area.

Cons

Not much communication once out on assignment. Could do more to make sure than assignment is a good fit for field employees.

8. "Not a Number!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, leadership, and learning environment! The team-based collaborative approach makes LaSalle such a unique place! Everyone has a strong work ethic, and it never goes unnoticed. Tom acknowledges everyone, so you will never feel like a number, he will even sit down with you one-on-one to help with anything needed!

Cons

Hours can be long - but can be avoided with proper time management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - the open door policy and access to leadership makes LaSalle what it is!

Jan 30, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback - glad to hear you are learning and growing!

9. "WOW!"

Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm loving the company's emphasis on individuality. I don't feel like a suit punching the clock. I've genuinely been encouraged to be myself when interacting with candidates and colleagues.

Cons

The worst part of working at LaSalle is that it isn't as close to my house as I'd like. But that's really it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I'm so grateful for your help as I start a new kind of position. Thanks for the opportunity.

Jan 29, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback! Love that you are seeing a focus on individuality. We truly believe that if we are going to grow, we need everyone to know they can be themselves inside and out of the ... More

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are the best and I know I have developed friendships there that will last a lifetime.

Cons

Sometimes the hours get to be a little too much, but at the same time I feel like I have developed a great work ethic because of it.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the transparency even as we grow. The ratio of managers to employees might be a little low in certain groups.

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback. The hours feedback is real - hopefully you've seen though that what you put in is truly what you get out. Also, we are working on building our management team to lower that ... More

"You can't believe everything you read.."

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest, because of the reviews that I saw on Glassdoor, I was hesitant to accept an offer from this company. However, it's important to remember that people don't hide behind their keyboards to say nice things... my time at LaSalle has been unlike any other job I've ever had. I have felt welcomed with open arms since day 1 and have already grown so much professionally through my role there. If you want to be challenged in a role and become part of a culture that feels like a family, there is no doubt you'd love LaSalle.

Cons

Like any job, it's a job. Recruiting isn't for the weak of heart. In this field of work it's necessary to have a hard work ethic. Yes the hours can be long, but the reward of what you accomplish in a work day makes it worth it. This recent graduate generation doesn't understand sometimes that you have to work hard to get the benefits! If you don't want to work, you probably should look else where. But working for a company that doesn't push isn't doing you any favors.

Advice to Management

With the company growing, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the new employees. Maybe find new ways to bring people together within the company, so you have the chance to branch out more from just your unit.

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback and we are continually trying to get units to cross communicate and collaborate. I will bring that to the management meeting and staff council. Thanks!