LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
LaSalle Network President & CEO Tom Gimbel
Tom Gimbel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 19 reviews)

• Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 26 reviews)

• The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 11 reviews)

"Honest Feedback"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at LaSalle as a scheduler/researcher at their Oakbrook location. It is a decent entry level job for fresh grads. Good first job for gaining experience in the professional world. Pay is average.

Cons

To start, I would not characterize myself as a disgruntled employee at all but I have to speak on a couple of things that were flat out wrong and messed up about my experience here.

Schedulers are treated almost subhuman like. Once a week breakfast and lunch are complimentary. While every other employee can go up and get food but schedulers had to wait until everyone else ate and if there was any left then we could grab something to eat.

They have what they call rebirthdays, basically just work anniversaries and they're a big deal at LaSalle. They put ballons around the whole office, that person gives a speech, and it's just a big celebration. It's actually a really cool idea except that schedulers never got their anniversaries celebrated and were never allowed to join the celebration. So literally, while people we worked next to were laughing and celebrating, we schedulers were supposed to just work and sit on our computers.

Once a year, they have a huge celebration (I cant remember what for) where everyone gets the day off and they go to the Chicago office and drink and hangout. It's an all day thing. Schedulers weren't allowed to go and my team had to go to work that day. We were the only group of people In the entire office.(In their defense, we were allowed to leave 2 hrs. Early).

This is just a glimpse into what I experienced here. Again, I have no issues with this company and I can see how it may be a great fit for some but In my experience I feel everyone was not treated equal.

Advice to Management

Be inclusive of everyone, no matter how low level.

"How do they get these awards?"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a twenty-something who is still in party mode, this is the place for you.

Cons

Everything about the place is fake. Fake people, fake smiles, fake awards. Marketing and management literally forces employees to vote for themselves for awards. Very similar to the Cubs begging fans to vote for Kris Bryant to make the all star line up. Work hours are long, which isn't the issue... the issue is the lack of compensation and the brainwashing of employees that they HAVE to work these hours to make money and contribute to the "team". No thanks, LaSalle. Also, the CEO rubbed me the wrong way. Why is an older gentleman a component of doing shots on a Friday with 20-year olds? That screams unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns! You're all terrible. I think it's hilarious that there is a Culture team at LaSalle, because there are so many issues with the forced fun culture they have created.

Jul 7, 2017 – President & CEO

It's hard not to be defensive with a post like this. So I guess I'll start by asking why you stayed over a year to work with 200 people who are so fake? The people are fake? We have some of the... More

"Bad communication"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Chicago, IL
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Jobs, and placing applicants with jobs

Cons

Not communicating with applicants. Applicants shouldn't have to stalk recuriters for work. It ultimately makes the company look bad as a whole.

Advice to Management

Communicate with qualified candidates more

4. "God at 1st then horrible."

Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought they would keep me working, though it took some time to get my only assignment.

Cons

After my contract ended March 2016 they never found me another job even though it ended great.

Advice to Management

When you say you have a job, really have one. People want and need to work. Don't fight people tooth and nail for their unemployment benefits, especially when you have not found them another assignment.

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and alcohol and that is about it. Also a few nice downtown offices. But that's seriously the only pro

Cons

LaSalle lies to all of their potential employees. Mind you, I am not some unhappy disgruntled employee. I like my new job and I've been promoted. I want to post this for anyone who is in the interview process. Please read and review all of the negative reviews. Nobody is lying when they say the internal marketing team spams this account with positive reviews. Just think about your choice carefully. Every single negative review is a valid warning.

Advice to Management

Please hire people with more experience to manage teams. Those who have grown with the company have only endured abuse and are confused about how to manage.

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

It's really hard to combat every anonymous review other than to say we have a lot of people who have been here a long time. People who have made great friends with their coworkers, earned raises and... More

6. "Contract"

Current Employee - Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Contractor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Pay Ok and find you jobs. Most of them meaningless.

Cons

Really unorganized.
    Use up employees after a few years and bring in news ones so they don't have to pay more.
    Find you jobs that don't meet any criteria on your resume.

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

I'm sorry your contract assignment wasn't what you had hoped. Temporary and contract staffing is challenging business....we don't want to "chew" up anyone. Right now we have so many companies... More

"Not at all what it seems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I learned phone communication
    -Learned how to use certain systems

Cons

- I was subjected to many racist comments
    - Very fake people
    - Not a professional environment
    - When taking my problems to the Lasalle Team I was given vague solutions

Advice to Management

- Form a more professional environment

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

Wow. I couldn't be more surprised to hear that you felt here were racist comments. We work very hard to make sure we are a tolerant culture of respect. I'm sorry you had a bad experience... More

"Fakest place on earth"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I ended up getting a second job driving Uber that paid more

Cons

Look at these reviews - If you believe it, it's your own fault

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

I can't argue with compensation. Salaries are given at the time of offers...if it's too low, you didn't have to accept the job. I don't know how much people can make driving Uber...but I'm not... More

9. "Project manager"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is adequate. It's an upbeat atmosphere that presents itself as young and energetic. It's beginning to network with organizations that give it the image of credibility.

Cons

People here tend to lie a lot. Ethics are thin. Ive worked with quite a few placement firms and I can't seriously go back here. If I did I'd feel that I'd be placing my career at risk. Be careful.

Advice to Management

Stop acting under a false pretense.

"HORRIBLE environment - Please Read All"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Free food. Honestly the only pro

Cons

It's difficult to even begin describing how awful working at LaSalle Network is and how horrible the conditions are there. My 4 main issues with LaSalle: upper management, nonexistent work life balance, horrible pay/compensation/benefits, and false information/lies during the interview process

I left LaSalle Network on my own terms but I know this isn't the case for certain employees. Many people aren't even given a chance to prove themselves because they're made to feel inferior, that they "aren't a good fit for the role", and are fired/forced to quit. I know this from talking to a handful of employees there and from people who were in this situation. The expectations they held their brand new employees to were ridiculous. On top of the outlandish expectations right from the very beginning, the training is nonexistent. Your first week you train in research which was helpful if I was going to be a researcher. As a project manager, I wasn't given any formal training. The metrics project managers are held to are unattainable. Each day project managers are expected to make around 60 calls a day with a certain amount of scheduled interviews. With the work load and jobs each project manager is balancing, these metrics are not realistic. However, the managers/team leads/and CEO do not care. All of upper management does not care that their poor employees are feeling over worked, stressed out, and overwhelmed with the work load. They'll just expect you to work longer hours to get all the work done. There is ZERO work life balance here. I would feel insanely guilty leaving the office at 6:30pm. That is not acceptable considering I had been in since 7:30am. If you value your time at all outside of work, then save yourself the sanity and also save your relationships and do not take a job at LaSalle. MAYBE the long hours and severe lack of work life balance would be worth it if the employees were compensated, but they are not. I found out that entry level recruiters at LaSalle make 30K before taxes. EXCUSE ME?!?! Also this employee told me that she was feeling so stressed out getting all her work done that she was staying in the office till 7:30pm to get her calls in. I was disgusted when I heard this. If you break this down, I'm sure it's not even minimum wage and add on all the stress this employee was feeling. How does a company/management feel they can get away with treating employees like this?

When I mentioned above false information/lies during the interview process I'm referring to how the marketing team writes 5 star Glassdoor reviews and then LaSalle wins awards like "best place to work!" What a joke. Also during my interview process I asked about their turnover rate and the recruiter told me it was 3%. I then asked the CEO and Chief Recruiting Officer and they also told me it was 3%. This is a bold faced lie. After working at LaSalle for just a week, I was hearing stories about how certain employees didn't last or how certain teams couldn't keep people. The short time I was there I was aware of a few people leaving. When making my job change, this was a big question for me. I wanted to be at a company where employees genuinely wanted to stay there and so this answer was a big deal to me. So REALLY appreciated that they lied to me about this.....

Management is horrible. They don't care about you at all. Yes, I understand that this is a business but if you don't care about your employees to a certain extent then you're not going to be able to keep people. It's not uncommon for the managers to swear directly at employees. The F word is constantly being thrown around. The derogatory remarks were extremely unacceptable.

Your health benefits don't start until over a month and a half of working at LaSalle. I thought this was really weird at first but then I realized, it's because it would be too much of a pain to enroll all these employees right away when they either quit within the first month or their manager lets them go. Wow. Talk about respecting your employees from day one.

Words of Advice: Don't work for LaSalle Network

Advice to Management

ACTUALLY care about your employees. Don't just say you care about them. And fix everything I explained above if you want to turn the company around.

Aug 18, 2016 – President & CEO

Wow. I am sorry you have such negative feelings about our company and me. What we say is voluntary turnover is at certain levels, and there is a difference. As I have stated in other responses... More