LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated November 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 20 reviews)

• Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 25 reviews)

"Honest Feedback"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at LaSalle as a scheduler/researcher at their Oakbrook location. It is a decent entry level job for fresh grads. Good first job for gaining experience in the professional world. Pay is average.

Cons

To start, I would not characterize myself as a disgruntled employee at all but I have to speak on a couple of things that were flat out wrong and messed up about my experience here.

Schedulers are treated almost subhuman like. Once a week breakfast and lunch are complimentary. While every other employee can go up and get food but schedulers had to wait until everyone else ate and if there was any left then we could grab something to eat.

They have what they call rebirthdays, basically just work anniversaries and they're a big deal at LaSalle. They put ballons around the whole office, that person gives a speech, and it's just a big celebration. It's actually a really cool idea except that schedulers never got their anniversaries celebrated and were never allowed to join the celebration. So literally, while people we worked next to were laughing and celebrating, we schedulers were supposed to just work and sit on our computers.

Once a year, they have a huge celebration (I cant remember what for) where everyone gets the day off and they go to the Chicago office and drink and hangout. It's an all day thing. Schedulers weren't allowed to go and my team had to go to work that day. We were the only group of people In the entire office.(In their defense, we were allowed to leave 2 hrs. Early).

This is just a glimpse into what I experienced here. Again, I have no issues with this company and I can see how it may be a great fit for some but In my experience I feel everyone was not treated equal.

Advice to Management

Be inclusive of everyone, no matter how low level.

"Really"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Nothing with a Responce like that from lasalle group!

Cons

Obviously cannot take criticism

Advice to Management

When you are responding to a review of fake people be professional in your critic. A better way to impress people is to be the bigger person you did not do that in your review and lasalle network looks like a joke!

Jul 17, 2017 – President & CEO

I'm sorry you have such disdain for me and the company. Please feel free to come by my office this week as I'm in town and we can talk about what you dislike and if you're truly not happy, we can... More

"Senior Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network continually challenges and pushes me to become better every day. Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms. The people I work with genuinely care and want to help me succeed. Upper management consistently provides helpful feedback and coaching that challenges me to become a better recruiter. At LaSalle Network you are not just a number, but a valued part of the company that will be recognized!

Cons

The recruiting industry has longer hours than your standard 9-5. If you love what you do, the days literally fly by, though!

Jun 16, 2017 – President & CEO

Love hearing this - thanks for your review!

"Office Assistant"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work. Team oriented, hardworking and dedicated people.

Cons

I have no Cons for this company.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post. Thankfully we have some nice people who aren't fake and just like working here :)

""Staffing agency does not communicate well" ---(not an employee here but no option to say otherwise)"

Pros

This staffing agency gave me a good first impression and I was optimistic about them for a short while. The recruiters are all friendly and make it seem like they want to help. They give an impression that they are professional, but that can be debatable.

Cons

The recruiters of staff do not connect with their clients or update them about the specific jobs they want. I signed up with them in person and filled out pages of information and no one kept up communicating with me; not even once in a while. So I'm like why did I even make the effort to go in person and talk when no effort to help me is given back? I have since found a full time job ON MY OWN and feel it was better that way. Working with LaSalle and waiting for them to help will take forever to get a new job, at least that's my opinion. I expected more from them based on my first impressionable phone conversation (only happened once) before meeting in person to then again fill out papers that are pointless since they don't keep up with you. I have found recruiters at other major brand companies more helpful and proactive.

Advice to Management

My advice to recruiters working here would be to keep up with your clients and communicate with them more often about what opportunities they have, especially since that's what they're looking for, opportunities to better themselves. Keeping up with your clients shows you care and makes your company look better.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

First, congratulations on your new position.

I'm sorry to hear your experience with our team did not meet your expectations. Your feedback specific to our paperwork is extremely valid, and... More

6. "Recruiting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees that work hard are really appreciated, management is very approachable and receptive

Cons

Hours can be long if you don't love what you do

Advice to Management

Great job

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

I've made great friends and we have a young vibrant work culture
    Business casual environment is nice
    Relative autonomy in your role once up and running
    We have great resources + the technology/equipment we use is very up to date

Cons

Like any commission/bonus heavy role, the incentive structure encourages you to work 10-12 hour days. You must be willing to take important calls, talk to a great candidate, as well as coordinate urgent interviews during evening/night hours. This is a fact of life at any agency based recruiting role and not LaSalle Specific. Just something for prospective employees to understand coming in!

Advice to Management

We just ran a white paper that explains how new college grads and millennials really value work life balance and flexibility. I think we do a good job about being flexible in certain aspects - allowing employees to run to the bank or a doctors appointment with out taking the day off, but the PTO policy is standard, not competitive, and there is now work from home or summer half day policy. Let's act on our own primary research and make a few changes!

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review, and your feedback. Sirmara and our HR team are constantly evaluating our benefits and looking at ways to add more value to our employees. Unfortunately, some things aren't... More

8. "This is my career, not just a job"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Management is very supportive and understands that mistakes happen and that is how you learn and grow. They will push you to do your best and give you a lot of autonomy in your day to day. The job itself is tough. You are pushed outside of your comfort zone and challenged but once you get the hang of it, it is the most rewarding thing you will do. The culture is pretty great too. It is a lively bunch of people who can be 100% themselves. If you are a little quirky and weird then you'll fit in just fine. Another great piece about working at LaSalle is that you have full access to upper level management and the leadership team. It is a normal part of my day to walk up to our CEO, Tom and pick his brain or role play. He wants to get to know everyone that works there and invests time into developing your career.

Cons

Recruiting really isn't for everyone. It is a lot of stress and pressure that is put on your shoulders from the get go and it can feel like you are failing. You experience a lot of highs and lows back to back but management really is there to support you. The hours are long but if you love your job it isn't really an issue. It took a few weeks to get used to it. Salaries start low but if you put in 100% they give you raises fairly frequently.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff! You do a great job at it. I wouldn't be successful if I wasn't pushed as hard as I was from the beginning. The only thing I would do is let your people know you can take PTO. Sometimes it feels frowned upon to take it even though it is offered. I think with a job as demanding as this, you need to take sometime off or you'll burn out quickly.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the feedback. Recruiting is definitely a tough industry, and not right for everyone. If you stick it out, it can be extremely rewarding... More

9. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a LaSallian for almost a year now and I can't imagine working anywhere else. I love what I do and I love the people I do it with. I am challenged every day by both my peers and management. Everyone knows my name and cares about my career and my potential. Management is accessible and receptive. The more you invest in LaSalle, the more LaSalle invests in your.

Cons

Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it.

Advice to Management

Never change.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review and positive feedback!

10. "Fantastic recruiting experience."

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

I had a really great opportunity and experience to work with Lasalle and Colby, in particular, being recruited for a new role. I've worked with a number of recruiters over the years and it has been a mixed experience. Colby was different. I had full confidence and trust that he wanted what was best for me, regardless of whether or not I ended up pursuing the job that he was recruiting me for. He always wanted to know what was going to make me happy, what interested me and what didn't. and always kept the conversations honest, transparent and authentic. Lasalle and Colby in particular have easily been my best recruiting experience and I'm happy that we still maintain a relationship and he still keeps in touch and is happy to always hear about how my new role is going. I will always be going forward in my career measuring other similar experiences to the bar that Lasalle and Colby have set.

Cons

Nothing I could ever complain about.

May 22, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience! We value your feedback and appreciate the kind words. Good luck with the next phase of your career, I know we will stay... More