LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated February 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 18 reviews)

• LaSalle Network has an amazing company culture that fosters growth and rewards hard work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 12 reviews)

• If you cannot keep up with a fast paced environment or are not interested in working long hours to see results; then LaSalle is not for you (in 21 reviews)

1. "God at 1st then horrible."

Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought they would keep me working, though it took some time to get my only assignment.

Cons

After my contract ended March 2016 they never found me another job even though it ended great.

Advice to Management

When you say you have a job, really have one. People want and need to work. Don't fight people tooth and nail for their unemployment benefits, especially when you have not found them another assignment.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are the best and I know I have developed friendships there that will last a lifetime.

Cons

Sometimes the hours get to be a little too much, but at the same time I feel like I have developed a great work ethic because of it.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the transparency even as we grow. The ratio of managers to employees might be a little low in certain groups.

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback. The hours feedback is real - hopefully you've seen though that what you put in is truly what you get out. Also, we are working on building our management team to lower that ... More

3. "Recruiter"

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Company provided lunch on Wednesdays. People were nice and the company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Company is growing too fast. Departments are being "restructured" (lay offs).

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect.

Jan 30, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review. To respond to a few of the things you said: We are growing fast, and unfortunately we can't always control when the growth occurs. We didn't do layoffs, but we did change the ... More

5. "Recruiter"

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Very team based. Open, learning environment.

Cons

This company is geared toward fresh grads. Anyone with professional experience outside the staffing industry will likely have a hard time here. While the company makes a point to promote from within, you'll notice that nearly the entire leadership team has never worked elsewhere. That makes it difficult for them to see that some company practices should be changed.

Advice to Management

Management should know that much of the staff are fearful of losing their jobs. Practicing empathy rather than using scare tactics can go a long way in retaining staff.

Jan 29, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review. Your observations are accurate - we believe in training our staff and then promoting from within as opposed to looking outside our four walls first for talent. If our ... More

6. "Great Environment"

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

great place to work, great people!

Cons

I don't have a con.

Jan 22, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review.

"You can't believe everything you read.."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest, because of the reviews that I saw on Glassdoor, I was hesitant to accept an offer from this company. However, it's important to remember that people don't hide behind their keyboards to say nice things... my time at LaSalle has been unlike any other job I've ever had. I have felt welcomed with open arms since day 1 and have already grown so much professionally through my role there. If you want to be challenged in a role and become part of a culture that feels like a family, there is no doubt you'd love LaSalle.

Cons

Like any job, it's a job. Recruiting isn't for the weak of heart. In this field of work it's necessary to have a hard work ethic. Yes the hours can be long, but the reward of what you accomplish in a work day makes it worth it. This recent graduate generation doesn't understand sometimes that you have to work hard to get the benefits! If you don't want to work, you probably should look else where. But working for a company that doesn't push isn't doing you any favors.

Advice to Management

With the company growing, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the new employees. Maybe find new ways to bring people together within the company, so you have the chance to branch out more from just your unit.

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback and we are continually trying to get units to cross communicate and collaborate. I will bring that to the management meeting and staff council. Thanks!

8. "Great Place!!!"

I have been working at LaSalle Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Very welcoming. They make you feel like family. Always try to keep you with a job with little experience

Cons

Follow up with emails is always so hard to come by. Keeping in touch with employees is always a good thing.

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Appreciate the review and positive comments. I'd love to learn the context around the feedback on communication - if you don't mind providing more, please email me at jschaeffer@lasallenetwork.com ... More

9. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great culture, hardworking, loyal, team based environment. Able to learn from mistakes, fun place to work!

Cons

Nothing, Management is great and encouraging through ups and downs professionally and personally!

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging new people!

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for the nice words....

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and alcohol and that is about it. Also a few nice downtown offices. But that's seriously the only pro

Cons

LaSalle lies to all of their potential employees. Mind you, I am not some unhappy disgruntled employee. I like my new job and I've been promoted. I want to post this for anyone who is in the interview process. Please read and review all of the negative reviews. Nobody is lying when they say the internal marketing team spams this account with positive reviews. Just think about your choice carefully. Every single negative review is a valid warning.

Advice to Management

Please hire people with more experience to manage teams. Those who have grown with the company have only endured abuse and are confused about how to manage.

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

It's really hard to combat every anonymous review other than to say we have a lot of people who have been here a long time. People who have made great friends with their coworkers, earned raises and ... More

11. "Great company"

Former Employee - Contractor in Chicago Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Contractor in Chicago Heights, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and jobs that fit with your career

Cons

None that I can think of right now

Jan 4, 2017 – President & CEO

It's great to see a contractor take the time to comment positively. As the research shows, the majority of people who review anonymously overwhelmingly are negative. Thank you for taking the time ... More