LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The culture is great and it's definitely never a dull day here (in 11 reviews)

• and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 11 reviews)

• If you cannot keep up with a fast paced environment or are not interested in working long hours to see results; then LaSalle is not for you (in 21 reviews)

1. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle is a place with an endless amount of opportunity. If you work hard and care about what we do, management will make sure there is a place for you.

Cons

You have to work hard! You can't coast by here.

Advice to Management

Ask your employees how they want to be managed.

Nov 23, 2016 – President & CEO

I would hope that our manager do manage each employee to their special needs. However asking an employee how they want to be managed is a tricky situation. If you oblige and the employee fails ... More

"Good place to build a career"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LaSalle is a good place to get started in a career. A large percentage of the employees graduated in the last few years and have the opportunity here to get their feet wet in the business world and either find out if they want to grow in this field or pursue something else.

The company is growing rapidly, and if this is the industry people want to grow in, this is the time to be here. There is a lot of opportunity for growth within LaSalle; most of the management team started within the company in lower-level roles.

The culture is vibrant and energetic. People care about each other and are invested in their lives. Several people have gotten married or into serious relationships/become roommates with people they've met working at LaSalle. There are several big work parties throughout the year and frequent happy hours and celebrations of people's work anniversaries.

Despite the mentions on here that the hours are uncommonly long, they are pretty standard business hours. People are sometimes asked to volunteer to come in for a few hours on Saturdays to help out the other teams, but there doesn't seem to be a negative impact if you can't make it and it's nice that the teams are so supportive of one another.

Emphasis is placed on a positive attitude as well as work ethic and demonstrating results.

Cons

The pay is low even for entry-level positions. Several people are working second jobs in evenings or weekends to supplement their income. A lot of the younger workers are in positions where their parents can contribute to their living expenses, and it limits the ability of people with other arrangements to earn the starting pay without financial strain.

There is very little diversity. While it is great that four out of the six executives are women, there are few people of color or any acknowledgement from the CEO that racial and cultural diversity do matter.

Individuals are celebrated very publicly, which is great, but the flip side of that is that they are also called out publicly, as well. There are two meetings a week in which people are often berated for not being committed enough to all the work on their plate. They should be held accountable, but having that conversation on a call with the whole company seems unproductive and at times cruel. It does not seem to generate the learns that the meetings are designed to produce.

Advice to Management

LaSalle is in an amazing position to make real difference in Chicagoland and eventually the country. We're growing like crazy and it's important to set an example that driven, hard-working people from all backgrounds have value here. Maintain the trust that everyone has in you, and please realize that energy comes in forms other than swearing and shouting.

Nov 23, 2016 – President & CEO

As the CEO I'm sorry you don't feel I care about diversity. I do. We hire the most qualified candidates we can identify and promote from within. The head of Human Resources is from a diverse ... More

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros to working at LaSalle Network and it is hard to name them all! One of the best things is the support of the management team. Since I have been at LaSalle, there have been a few changes, and there is constant communication about them, making sure they are understood and that you don't have questions. The executive leadership team is always accessible, with the CEO literally being a text away if you need anything. I'm so happy I stumbled onto a company where everyone genuinely cares about you.

Cons

In a business like staffing and recruiting, hours can get long. Not all of our field employees work your typical first shift schedule, so we need to be available to answer questions or take call offs pretty much at any time. It doesn't happen that often though so it's not a huge deal.

Nov 23, 2016 – President & CEO

Thank you for the feedback!

5. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network boasts an extremely unique and collaborative work environment. There is a strong sense of community and a focus on healthy competition, which I feel is key to our success. I work alongside the smartest people who push and motivate me to work my hardest. I feel constantly supported by my team, managers, colleagues, and our Executive Leadership Team.

If you put in the work, success will follow suit. There are incredible opportunities for growth (personal and professional) and career advancement at LaSalle. Our culture is unique and special – we have a community of people that genuinely care for each other, both personally and professionally.

Cons

Some people complain about the hours, however, the day truly flies by. I have learned to structure my time and work "smarter" which has made the day fly by, and I often find myself staying later because I want to get ahead for the next day. It is cyclical - I am motivated by those around me, and want to motivate those around me.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. LaSalle is a very special place that truly cares about each employee and their growth, performance and success.

Nov 23, 2016 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post your feelings. Always nice to read that people are happy and feel supported.

6. "LaSalle Network Employee Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

I couldn't be happier working at LaSalle Network. Great work culture and great people willing to give their all every single day! This was my first job out of college and I was nervous going in but I've realized that everyone has my back and I know I can turn to anyone if ever need help. This is truly a company where you can learn and grow and develop your career!

Cons

The only con I've experienced working here would be the hours. They are a little longer than your typical 9-5 work day and that may not be the best fit for everyone. However, you are constantly on the move and every day flies by!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It's so refreshing to work at a successful company that truly cares about every employee! No matter how busy you are, you make time for everyone and it doesn't go unnoticed.

Nov 23, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for sharing your views. We will continue to work hard to make it a great place to work, grow and learn.

"More than a number"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I finished college, I went to work for a Fortune 100 company, worked a 37.5 hour work week, got promoted three times, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I felt so unsuccessful. I worked for a brand name company and received all the recognition I ever wanted and deserved, but I was miserable. I was given the number "n0185312" and it became my identity for 2.5 years. Every time I logged into my computer, the intranet or a benefits portal, I was reminded quite tangibly that I was just a number.

I met with LaSalle Network after being referred by a friend and during my interview, I sat in our CEO & Founder's office talking about the definition of success. I was either complaining in the interview without knowing it or, quite possibly, our CEO understood and related to the paradox of my career on a metaphysical level, and he asked me, in my opinion, whether or not professional success and personal success are mutually exclusive. It was a topic that tugged at the very fabric of my dilemma. And in that 30 or 40 minutes, I concluded that these two concepts, of which there are an indefinite number of schools of thought, are so completely interwoven in my mind that they are actually not two concepts, but one in the same. That there should exist a dichotomy between my personal success and professional success set in motion the dilemma that was tangibly eroding the confidence and security I sought from my career.

It's now been a little over five awesome years at LaSalle Network. I've been promoted four times, and I have a team that I respect and love and who I know love and respect me in return. Despite my apprehension about joining a company that wasn't a household name after working in the Fortune 100, we are now a household name because of the most talented and uncompromisingly hardworking public relations and marketing team in the business. We work hard and we work smart and we have high expectations and high standards because of the simple fact that we are no longer on the cusp of something great, we are in the middle of it.

Sometimes I work 60 hours per week, sometimes I work 45 hours per week, sometimes I work Saturdays. Sometimes I have insanely high highs, sometimes I have despairingly low lows. But I am ALWAYS supported, I am ALWAYS treated with respect and I ALWAYS receive the full benefit of a transparent culture where giving 100% is not just a slogan on the wall. And I can say without any sense of histrionics or hyperbole, even during the lowest of lows, I NEVER feel unsuccessful.

Cons

Sometimes we hire people who don't share our work / life integration philosophy and have to quickly come to terms with that. The truth is a hard pill to swallow for people when the fit isn't right and occasionally feelings get hurt. Interestingly enough, this speaks to the symbiotic qualities of work / life balance. The biggest challenge in preserving our culture is that the philosophy that our careers and lives are fully integrated is not one that is shared by everyone outside of LaSalle Network or inside our walls. Understandably so, employees that don't share in this philosophy often feel isolated, not on purpose just by product of the distinction between work and life and the line that one chooses to draw in that matter. The most unfortunate outcome of this is that people presume that our position is that our school of thought is "the right way" and anything else is "the wrong way." This couldn't be further from the truth, no one says our way is right and all others are wrong, we just observe the simple fact that they are different and don't let it become an elephant in the room.

Advice to Management

Don't let negativity devalue the positive impact this company and the career opportunities it provides have had on people's lives.

Oct 8, 2016 – President & CEO

Wow... thank you for the nice comments. I'm glad you feel positive about the environment and career you've chosen. Keep communicating!

8. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful Growth Opportunities!
    Great Culture and Staff
    Everyone that works here is truly motivated and works hard
    I feel rewarded and challenged every day
    Management cares about me
    The office is fun and energetic

Cons

It's not a con, but if you want to grow, then you have to put in the hard work and hours
    It's extremely fast paced so it might not be the right environment for everyone
    Since it's a growing company, there are things you might have to adapt to as the company grows. No company is perfect!

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your staff and listen to them. They learn from their leaders!

Oct 3, 2016 – President & CEO

We aren't perfect....however we do listen to employees and want to make it a great place to work...and also communicate clearly why we do the things we do!

"Scheduler"

Current Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Scheduler in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a vibrant atmosphere here at the office. What you make of it is what you will get out of it since the scheduler/recruiter team is small and not as consultant/entrepreneurial-like. What's great is that you can get the opportunity to really refine your communication skills on the phone. Since it is not as difficult of a position as some of the permanent roles, it's a good 9-5 job. Clock in-clock out.

Cons

It's pretty entry level- no benefits unfortunately. Also it's hourly. The scheduler position can get pretty clockwork, but that's all really. As a non-perm employee, you don't get as much of a say in what goes on in the office, you're not able to partake in the company activities, and you basically get a feeling that you're not part of the family culture that is cultivated here.

Advice to Management

More communication between what the managers/project managers want so the schedulers can bring in the correct candidates.

Oct 8, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for the comments. The scheduler/recruiter team is something we are looking at and actually going to re-evaluate where it's located and how we integrate them in to the units and company. I ... More

"Easy to fall between the cracks."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fun company culture. Fair amount of opportunities for advancement if you let it be known that you would like to move up in the company.

Cons

Fair amount of information lost in communication between teams when passing candidates along. Compensation package well below entry level market average.

Advice to Management

Retool onboarding process as means to ensure that recruiters will know who to pass impressive candidates along to. Furthermore, more check-ins with recruiters to ensure that their output is optimal.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

I loved working at LaSalle. The culture is one which is very inclusive. Everyone works hard, and you can play hard with your team if you want to join. Tom, the CEO, ensures that those who work hard are rewarded, and everyone beneath him follows that same model. I felt incredibly valued while I was there, and I was always encouraged to be creative, develop any skills I desired, and the growth potential is huge. If you are looking for a place that works hard to keep their employees engaged, happy, and that values your work (and will promote your growth as you help the company continue to grow) then this would be a great fit. In this role I got to spend time working with LaSalle sales and the positions we hired into understanding the roles, what was needed, and got a good handle on different company cultures and fits. I got to talk to potential candidates, do performance reviews, recommend candidates for roles, follow up with companies, hire and fire as necessary, interview, and collaborate with a team. I was able to grow in the areas where I was most interested. The training process is robust, and the entire team is extremely supportive. I never would have left if I didn't have such a passion for transitioning into healthcare. I was supported not only in my time there, but in my transition, and I still use what I learned at LaSalle today. Proud to be a former LaSallian.

Cons

If you are not a people person, don't like to engage, and like to clock-in and clock-out without true investment in the company, then this role would not be for you. The culture is extremely engaging. Work and personal life balance is valued, but it is a company that you think about on and off the clock. I personally loved that about it because I was able to create friendships through work that lasted, but not everyone does.

Aug 18, 2016 – President & CEO

Thank you for the post. I am glad you feel we value and appreciate our staff.