LaSalle Network Reviews | Glassdoor

LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated August 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and you are compensated for your hard work with additive bonuses at the end of each quarter (in 20 reviews)

• Our company culture and our team based approach to recruiting is what separates us from other recruiting firms (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but at the end of the day it is so worth it (in 26 reviews)

• The work life balance isn't great but it's the nature of the business (in 12 reviews)

"Still here for a reason"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*** I've legitimately never heard a single member of our leadership team or our marketing team pressuring people to write a POSITIVE review on any site or through any survey. There are certainly reminders and follow up asking people to complete surveys, but how would they make sure we only write positive things on anonymous surveys? Not sure how that logic works. The follow up is geared toward soliciting feedback, whether it be good OR bad.

On to the actual pros:
    - In general, people do their best to lead by example. I can't speak to every single person here in a supervisory role, but hard work, accountability, and drive are demonstrated by the majority of the managers I've dealt with.
    - Growth opportunity IF you ask for it, but not if you silently stew over it before quitting.
    - Personally, I'm a huge fan of my manager. They're in the trenches, always available, constantly asking for feedback, and make me feel like they always have my best interests and growth at heart. Having this level of trust really makes my job so much easier.
    - People can crack a joke and laugh at yours, even if they're bad.
    - You learn a lot about recruiting, both on the candidate and client side. Building up this knowledge of the Chicago business world is really interesting and (hopefully) will help me down the road if I decide to make a move.
    - If you work hard in the a job you LIKE, the money will follow. If you don't like it, think critically about why and how to solve that problem.

Cons

- I know I'm just repeating what a lot of people have said, but it's not for everyone. The hours honestly are more conducive to recent grads, who don't have families/spouses. However, seeing as I am in this phase of my life, I don't understand the reasoning behind not want to take advantage of it to work hard and move my career forward as much as possible.
    - Rapid growth leads to people feeling like they're being passed over for acknowledgement, or not given a fair chance to prove themselves. This is something that should improve as we work on developing producers into good managers to provide that oversight.

Advice to Management

All the intentions are there! The execution will take time, but please keep asking for feedback and listening to your employees. Paying careful attention to refining our processes is becoming more and more important as we are growing so quickly, and if we don't make sure we're doing the due diligence, issues will snowball.

Feb 19, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Really appreciate the review and the candor. Thanks for taking the time to write one. You definitely paint a clear picture of what it's like to work at LaSalle - two way accountability is huge, as is... More

2. "Challenging Work, Amazing Environment - A Place for a Career"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network has been an absolute blessing when looking back at my time here as compared to where I was prior to now. I find the work to be thoroughly challenging and rewarding which was something desperately lacking from my previous employment. We have an environment where we are encouraged to ask for forgiveness instead of permission and are able to learn on a daily basis.

Our managers are easily accessible and consistently want what is best for us. The entire company is focused around growth, both individually and as an organization as a whole. There is also an extensive training program that starts day one and is built on throughout your time here through smaller group training and individual help when needed. We are also challenged on a daily basis to get the best results possible and are rewarded both professionally and personally for our efforts. I am not sure what else someone would want in the early stages of their career.

This does not even mention the additional perks that come with working here including a consistently fun working environment, fully paid incentive trips, work birthdays where the company celebrates your anniversary of starting here, amazing co-workers who genuinely care about you and your well-being (baby/bridal showers, texts and calls from C-Suite execs when you have life events and just to check in).

Cons

This job can be very challenging and the hours are long at times. These things are true and are reflected in multiple reviews prior to mine. It is not for everyone, but people who want to be here and try their hardest are rewarded for their efforts in numerous ways. Those things are consistently mentioned during the interview process and there is a lot of support when the individual starts to support them as best as possible.

No one wants to go to work every day, but even on those few days, I consider myself lucky to be able to come here and work for this organization.

Advice to Management

Nothing really! As we continue to expand I hope that we are able to maintain this culture and support system as I know it sets us apart!

Feb 19, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear your perspective on the training program, as well as the more informal training you receive regularly. Glad to hear you are enjoying coming to work, even... More

3. "Great Culture"

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a company with a great culture, this is the company for you. Everyone in the company is working towards one goal, friendly competition, co workers that turn into friends that turn into family. Always being challenged everyday. Not a single day is easy but still feeling accomplished. Growing not only professionally but personally. Managers care about their team - not only about their professional lives but personal as well. What you put into it, is what you get out of it.

Cons

The only con is that LN is growing so quickly, that it is difficult to know everyone from every office.

Mar 5, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your review. You are 100% right in your feedback on the difficulty of knowing co-workers in other offices. It's something we are beginning to struggle with as we get bigger, but something... More

4. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, access to management, everyone is very hard working and driven, managers really work with you and care about your growth and happiness!

Cons

You will work long hours

Feb 12, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review.

5. "Temp"

I have been working at LaSalle Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Large network of businesses in the Chicago area.

Cons

Not much communication once out on assignment. Could do more to make sure than assignment is a good fit for field employees.

Feb 26, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback - I'm curious how long your assignment was and how much communication you received. Our process is to call our field employees the first day, the third day and once a week... More

6. "Great People, Long Hours, Hard Work"

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

LaSalle Network is made up of millennials and a rock star C-Suite that truly cares about their employees. Tom, the CEO, holds weekly open calls where recruiters can bring up any roadblocks they are having and the entire company helps brainstorm solutions and a weekly meeting where successes are celebrated and announcements shared. Rebirthday celebrations are always personalized and fun too.
    My team's manager and team lead were wonderful and their open door policy was authentic and embraced. There is an open environment so you can hear what everyone is doing at any given time which is extremely helpful and fun too! You get out what you put into your job and there is lots of room to grow and move around in the company.

Lots of happy hours, free food/coffee, great location, amazing quarterly kick off events, really all the bells an whistles

Cons

The hours at LaSalle are very long- their typical hours are 8-6, however everyone arrives early/stays late and works on weekends, which can feel pressured and frustrating if you have interests outside of work. When they tell you in the interview that they work long hours they are not kidding and you will not be happy if you want to be out by 5:30 or 6 most nights. The work for PMs is extremely fast paced and stressful, yet exciting and fun.

Being a company of young people there is a bit of a "greek life" vibe which is great for some, but can feel a little alienating if you do not go out, however most find their niche somewhere. I suppose not really a negative but just part of the culture.

Tom believes work is your life and there is no separating the two, TLN is the best place to work for people who agree and love recruiting. I agree with this and while it wasn't the right fit for me I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the company to someone interested in recruiting and open to the long hours.

Advice to Management

Simara is an angel, thank you for being the most amazing CHRO ever!

Feb 12, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review and your feedback. We are working hard to eliminate the greek life stereotype you mention and to make sure that everyone feels welcome and comfortable, regardless of how long... More

7. "Not a Number!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, leadership, and learning environment! The team-based collaborative approach makes LaSalle such a unique place! Everyone has a strong work ethic, and it never goes unnoticed. Tom acknowledges everyone, so you will never feel like a number, he will even sit down with you one-on-one to help with anything needed!

Cons

Hours can be long - but can be avoided with proper time management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - the open door policy and access to leadership makes LaSalle what it is!

Jan 30, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback - glad to hear you are learning and growing!

"Draining Work"

Former Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Frequent free food during Rebirthdays and every Friday. Generally nice people to work with, at least those that are on your level and not managers or higher. Office is a nice highrise in downtown Chicago close to public transit. Tom is a good leader and is very involved in the day-to-day. Decent autonomy when doing work.

Cons

My Manager. Worst manager I've ever had due to his lack of interpersonal skills and prying questions during one on one's. Bad breath and painfully awkward. I have no idea how he became manager with his lack of interpersonal skills. Easily the worst leader in any company I have worked for, and truly the first manager I resented on so many levels. Will attempt to get to know you on a overly personal level. Uncomfortable for myself and others.

Lies and deception. When I first got to LaSalle I was told I would have to make 50 cold calls as a minumum on top of researching candidates. When I started work I found out that 60 was the "norm". By the time I left, 70 cold calls was the minimum amount we had to make. I took this job to build relationships with clients, not stress all day about hitting my numbers. This was a major reason why I left LaSalle, I couldn't do 70 cold calls a day and do my job effectively.

Borderline alcoholism. There are some team building activities, which always involve alcohol, so if you love alcohol you will fit right in. I like to drink on occasion, but here you will be peer pressured and likely drink more than you planned. The "LaSalle 15" is not a joke when it comes to all the food and drinking you will do.

Forced Culture. You are REQUIRED to participate in the celebration of re-birthdays, including setting up balloons and streamers. It is basically like being in fifth grade all over again, except if you DON'T participate you will be pulled aside and "talked to". No matter if you had work to do, you needed to be blowing up balloons, buddy. Don't let it happen again, is what my manager told me.

Below average upward mobility. Takes awhile to move up from what I experienced, and seemed like it would take 3-4 years to take on a management role.

Loud and disruptive environment. Don't work here if you prefer peace and quiet. You will never get it, everyone around me babbled 24/7 about non-sense, and I could never get into a flow state because of it.

Advice to Management

Give more attention to the Research department. Sometimes it felt like we weren't really apart of the team in some ways. Make Re-Birthday's a once a week thing, it really got out of hand by the time I left LaSalle.

9. "God at 1st then horrible."

Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Tech Services in Aurora, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought they would keep me working, though it took some time to get my only assignment.

Cons

After my contract ended March 2016 they never found me another job even though it ended great.

Advice to Management

When you say you have a job, really have one. People want and need to work. Don't fight people tooth and nail for their unemployment benefits, especially when you have not found them another assignment.

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are the best and I know I have developed friendships there that will last a lifetime.

Cons

Sometimes the hours get to be a little too much, but at the same time I feel like I have developed a great work ethic because of it.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the transparency even as we grow. The ratio of managers to employees might be a little low in certain groups.

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback. The hours feedback is real - hopefully you've seen though that what you put in is truly what you get out. Also, we are working on building our management team to lower that... More