LaVan & Neidenberg Reviews | Glassdoor

LaVan & Neidenberg Founder & President Kenneth L. LaVan
Kenneth L. LaVan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The job was advertised as a legal assistant position when it turned out to be a call center position (in 6 reviews)

• There's really no room to advance with this company ( (in 6 reviews)

1. "Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Motivated team with huge bonus opportunity. Everyone could make between $15-20 per hour. Encouraged us to follow a script and get the information. We got paid extra just for doing our jobs. Management was always there to help me. They eliminated the one or two bad seeds. IF you want to work and earn your money, this is the place for you.

Cons

Nothing bad about this place. As far as jobs go, this is the place you want to be.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with the team. Even senior agents can improve.

2. "CSR"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work was fulfilling. I truly enjoyed assisting the clients any way that I could.

Cons

Work environment and morale is pretty low. They could use some assistance with creating better policies and procedures on how employees are treated. It was a revolving door when I worked for this firm.

3. "Case Analyst"

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very willing to work with my school schedule and very knowledgeable attorneys. I felt respected and learned a lot while here.

Cons

The work is repetitive and tedious at times compared to other areas of law. Sometimes seemed that the focus is more on money than on zealous representation.

Advice to Management

It may be beneficial to offer a little more time and energy to each client. Other than that, keep up the good work.

4. "Disability Legal Assistant"

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time

Pros

It's a job to add to your resume. I liked the owners, but the management staff seemed to get off on talking down to those beneath them.

Cons

The company focuses on quantity and not quality. They worry more about getting more clients than focusing on and taking proper care of their current clients. The job was advertised as a legal assistant position when it turned out to be a call center position.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees as if they are working in a sweat shop, treat them like the adults they are and respect them. For example, by not allowing your adult employees to eat or even chew gum at their work stations. Never understood that one.

"RUN FAR AWAY"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant/Junior Case Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant/Junior Case Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg (More than a year)

Pros

I CAN'T SEEM TO THINK OF ANY!

Cons

This company is nothing more than a call center. They promise you things that you never receive. You are not properly compensated, however, management does not mind adding on to your workload. Your work goes unnoticed UNLESS you are willing to suck up to upper management. Insurance benefits are not good. Their system shuts down and you are forced to take UNPAID breaks or a lunch break at 10 o'clock in the morning.

Advice to Management

Get a better management team!

6. "High volume practice"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Plantation, FL

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively stable hours. Generous vacation days and paid holidays. On site parking. Benefits package. Training on controlling law cases and Federal statutes. Honing of legal brief writing with feedback. Provides insight into what is not a normal culture for a law practice.

Cons

No enhancement in litigation skills beyond legal writing. Niche area of law that very few attorneys even know exist. Administrative hearings only, nothing adversarial. No rules of evidence or civil procedure used. Feels like a dead end job for new Attorneys. Complete purposeful disconnect and distance between Partners and Associates. VA case load at such a large volume, nearly impossible to give proper substantial attention to each case. Disruptive Firm policy on accepting client walk-ins with in 5 minutes causing a constant interruption of attorney work flow & resulting in the encouragement of arrogant and demanding client behavior. One attorney passes the buck and is constantly irresolute in the most basic of decisions, never any urgency given to personal matters brought to attention, a simple request for information inevitably turns into a ridiculously verbose Socratic discussion that leaves you frustrated and weary of further interaction. Another attorney is smug and disingenuous, directly enabled by the weakness of the one Attorney, concerned more about advancing own internal career than being a sincere team player, or even an authentic person. Blatant unabashed jockeying for superiors' favor from other Associate who revel in playing politics in the presence of superiors while privately feigning discontent as a tactic for gaining information from fellow Associates. A constant feeling of negativity and mistrust among all employees. A prevailing "CYA" and look out for #1 mentality. Not a positive and empowering environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Be authentic and honest with your employees, stop the smoke and mirrors talks promising things that are never delivered.

7. "Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I have been working at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people is great...Training was excellent and my point person is always available to help me succeed. The office is very clean.. It's a very high tech office.

Cons

we need cheaper health ins

Advice to Management

managers are always available.. thank you!!!

8. "CSR"

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time

Pros

Decent pay, coworkers, weekends off, 8-5 weekday , holidays off

Cons

Clients calling in yelling and upset

Advice to Management

Hire more people

9. "Keep Looking"

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working for this company are your co-workers, excluding management.

Cons

If you're currently seeking employment with this company...I highly recommend you continue your search elsewhere. I left the company at a point after they had a massive lay-off. The concept of job security was obliterated after the company made some hasty business mergers and decisions. It wasn't until after laying off about 60 percent of the staff that the Senior Attorney and Owner, Ken held a meeting to update everyone. By this time, everyone who remained was in a frenzy. There are numerous complaints out with Social Security Administration for deceptive business practices. Overall morale of leadership and work environment was very low.

Advice to Management

Keep it professional, this is a business. All the catty elementary games are best left for personal life.

"Take the time to look for another job"

I worked at LaVan & Neidenberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're next to a really good pizza shop and Winn Dixie. You could do your weekly grocery shopping after work

Cons

This place is horrible. They lie, cheat and steal, no room for advancement and make up things about you just so they can fire you. Extremely discriminatory (ive dealt with some name calling) and the workload is crazy. People come in and out all the time, the overturn rate is horrible. Save yourself from the agony and turmoil this place will cause you. And any positive reviews you see is someone from their company trying to hype it up.

Advice to Management

Karma is REAL