LaVida Massage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • The ladies at the front desk really care about their job (in 5 reviews)

• great laid back work place and great people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Owners only care about making money and not the well being of the therapist, low pay, no benefits, unorganized(was not getting paid for some services) (in 5 reviews)

• Lowest pay they can get away with, no raises (in 3 reviews)

"Not your usual Franchise"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LaVida Massage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional. The owners are engaged in the business and they really care about us and their guest. I have worked at both the Johns Creek and Alpharetta locations and they are both great.

Cons

Nothing negative to share as we love working here.

Advice to Management

We love working for you, so please keep doing what you do.

2. "I love my job!!"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The staff at Lavida has become my mini family. I know I could reach out to anyone for help including the owner! I have worked at Lavida for 4 years and have no intention or want for another job. I love the freedom that Lavida gives me as a therapist. Every 50 minute session is booked with a 75 minute slot. Some of my clients get stuck in traffic or are having just a horrible day and I can still give them full-time and not have to punish them for what is already a really crappy day for them. I never feel that I have to rush my clients or have to rush myself. I can use the bathroom if I need to and have ample time to eat. But if you prefer to be back to back they will schedule you that way. When the front says that they will customize your schedule they truly will customize your schedule to your needs and wants .

Cons

No job is perfect, but Lavida is as close as I have found. Because of the turnaround with front staff you just have to make sure that every Knows your wants/needs with the schedule.

Advice to Management

I think every few months we should have staff appreciation and have a healthy place cater some food. And if possible for our contests maybe have a prize for the runner up we do have a nail salon next-door ;-)

3. "LaVida; nice company, terribly managed"

Former Employee - LMBP in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - LMBP in Greenville, NC

I worked at LaVida Massage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much... it WAS a job that they DID pay us (most of the time).
    Many of the therapists there are quality therapists, but the management greatly decreases the value of the operation.

Cons

Was consistently LATE in payments to therapists, treated most therapists as very expendable - would not always allow clients to request preferred therapist (Several clients told me personally that they tried to book with me and were lied to; I checked afterwards on the schedule; that I was either (1) not working that day, or (2) had no openings. Plus, according to their own records on-line they still own me slightly more than $4,000 from last year that they will never pay.
          Personally, I would stay clear of working with this company unless you are fresh out of school.

Advice to Management

Become ethical.

5. "working at lavida in chandler"

Pros

if it is busy then you make decent money

Cons

if you are not working on a body then you dont get paid

Advice to Management

treat your therapist better

6. "Terrible Owners"

Current Employee - Front Desk/Sales in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Sales in Marietta, GA

I have been working at LaVida Massage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people that work here. A lot clients really appreciate the work that the employees do and they give employees are reason to want to come in to work.

Cons

The owners of this company are so money hungry that they allow the clients to come in and belittle their front desk. The clients can take personal shots at the employees at the front desk. They are allowed to lie and degrade them. The owners just say, "Get over it. It's retail." This is a place that will not look out for the well being of their employers. They do not care how their employers are treated.

Advice to Management

Try caring a little bit more about your employees.

7. "Great Learning Experience"

I have been working at LaVida Massage full-time

Pros

Whether it is building customer service skills or navigating a complex online software, there are dozens of learning opportunities. As a front desk manager, my day is comprised of several minor tasks that make up the overall day to day operations. It is great exposure to managerial work, the inner workings of a small business, and even some sales experience.

Cons

The transience and unpredictability of massage therapists in terms of schedule, availability, etc.. Dealing with canceled appointments because of therapists last minute time off, resignation, or any other reason for being off can be stresfull.

Advice to Management

Just to always enough therapists to cater to clients

8. "Different than all the rest"

Pros

works well with the employees, lots of training provided for FD, understands balance of customer service and employees

Cons

wish it wasn't so slow sometimes

9. "Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at LaVida Massage part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Massage therapist don't have to answer the phone or deal with scheduling. Everything on the office side is taken care of for you. Always have a booked schedule, possibly fun coworkers, one free massage a month, very flexible with scheduling changes.

Cons

Just the general cons of being a massage therapist. Hard work, physically demanding, spend most of your time in a quiet dark room all day. Less money than owning your own practice but its a trade of for not having to deal with the business side of things. No benefits or PTO.

Advice to Management

Take care of issues faster.

10. "Great company"

Former Employee - Front Desk Staff
    Former Employee - Front Desk Staff

Pros

Not too pricey, not too cheap, it was easy for me to sell the membership to customer.

Cons

Work/Life balance, hours could have been better

Advice to Management

Consider employee's family emergencies

"Former employee"

Pros

Somewhat consistent work, decent work environment and friendly staff.

Cons

You can work day and night and still make poverty wages and burn out fast. During the time I worked there they also kept your tips!!! They kept them unless they exceeded their very low hourly wage. Can you even imagine?