KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 254 of over 342 reviews

3.7
Labatt President  Kyle Norrington
Kyle Norrington
Pros
  • "Free beer and a ping pong table in the break area(in 23 reviews)

• "great people, great connections, good perks(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life Balance can be a struggle(in 45 reviews)

• "Long hours, less attention to detail than ideal(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Labatt and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work hard and get Rewarded

Feb 8, 2021 - Sales Representative in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to begin/grow/end your career - Amazing brands (Best in Class) - Best solutions for Customers - Fun work

Cons

- It’s a big company and things get lost in the shuffle - Definitely need to put in the hours - Customers are difficult

Sr. Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoy working with us!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Vaccine Mandates

Sep 3, 2021 - Senior Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company with amazing people

Cons

Pushing vaccine mandates to return to the workplace, or attend social gatherings outside the office, contradicts everything the company claims to stand for with respect to Inclusion. Truly despicable to discriminate against a group of people based on a medical choice, whether it be driven by religious or personal beliefs. You should really be ashamed to have taken such a strong position on this topic and promoting a socialist agenda that aims to remove peoples' basic human rights. Appalling, even to someone who is fully vaccinated.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to learn, needs to work on base salary

Jun 28, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits (insurance & REER) are competitive

Cons

The salary & vacation is not very good

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Dec 18, 2019 - People Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Labatt is what makes it so special - you truly feel like you are part of a team and that people have your best interest at heart. The people at Labatt have a competitive spirit, yet continuously working toward the same goal. We all want to see each other succeed. There are an endless amounts of exciting challenges - if you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to take on projects which can be out of your comfort zone (at first), then this is the place to be. The growth opportunities are truly endless.

Cons

If you are someone who enjoys a consistent daily routine, this is not the place for you. Things change on the fly here, it is so fast-paced...but that's what makes it such a special place to work. You will never be bored working here! You really need to be comfortable with the uncomfortable as the team will stretch you to bring your best self to work. They will trust you with projects bigger than you could've ever imagined, which can be intimidating at times, yet so rewarding. Personally, it's been a really challenging yet rewarding experience taking on so many challenges out of my comfort zone and feel I've really been able to grow within this dynamic culture.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Ok

Mar 28, 2021 - Store Manager in Artesia, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun to work at this place

Cons

Didn't like the people much.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic and unprofessional atmosphere

Aug 28, 2020 - Quality Assurance in Edmon, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits and free beer

Cons

Toxic work environment, staff are overloaded with work, no work/life balance, too much OT, bullying very common in multiple departments, no reward for hard work, not accepting of new ideas or improvements, horrible training program, unreasonable expectations of new staff, very high school feeling with clicks and bullying, staff behaving unethically and management not doing anything about it (fudging data, not entering data to make control charts look good, writing down tasks are complete when they are not, etc.)

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People. Great company

Apr 8, 2020 - People Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cross-functional opportunities (never saw that anywhere else, ex from sales to marketing to finance), great benefits (including pension plan), Excellent Development programs for New grads, smart passionate and ambitious coworkers with strong team spirit, Leadership

Cons

Entrepreneurial spirit company can lead to a lot of work and hours. If you are not mobile you may have less opportunities to grow (positions all over Canada + Worldwide)

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review! It’s great to hear that you recognize our company’s ambition and commitment to owning results. You’re right, there are endless opportunities for growth, and while our culture is competitive, we encourage our people to challenge themselves to realize their full potential.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Industrial Engineer

Jul 7, 2020 - Senior Industrial Engineer in Owosso, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and air conditioned.

Cons

Poor hours and poor communication.

The People Team

We’re glad you’re having an overall positive experience with us thus far. We value candor and transparency within our teams and are committed to working on open communication across levels. We suggest speaking with your team leaders/managers about ways they can improve cascading information to you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company with a Culture of Meritocracy

Feb 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) My curiosity and enterpeneualism are highly encouraged and I have ownership overmy projects. The work on a day to day basis is extremely dynamic 2)My colleagues are very passionate about the work and the company and they are always approachable and supportive 3) The management team has helped my development and provided mentorship and guidance to me from my first day at the company. This applies to everyone from my immediate manager, all the way to members of the management committe-- they are always enocuraging, approachable and show great leadership

Cons

Some roles may not be suitable for everyone because you are expected to be a self-starter and set your own course, which does not work for everyone. In addition, progression is more limited if you are not fully mobile

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. It’s great to know that you recognize an ownership culture, passionate colleagues, and strong leaders during your time with us so far! To address your advice, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diversity of thought is central. The greater the variety of perspectives and experiences that inform a decision, the better that decision is likely to be. We encourage you to get involved - reach out to your community leads, allies, or your people manager for more information.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good place for a starter career.

Jun 12, 2008 - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great start out of college. Comfortable place to call home. Management is very friendly and accomodating. Most upper management have been with the company over 10 years. Most of the professional employee base are young in the low to mid 20s but are a selection of intelligent individuals. Plenty of room to be creative with your position and present new and interesting ideas to be considered realistically by management.

Cons

Low training opportunities. Software and systems are out of date and unused in large business. Advancement potential is slightly lower because most managers have been there for a very long time. A Pro in the sense that people stay, a con in the sense of advancement... However, the managers now were advanced at some point as well. Biggest concern is the desire to grow the company. Labatt is below average industry growth.

2 people found this review helpful