KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Labatt

Is this your company?

Labatt

Add a Review

Labatt Employee Reviews about "free beer"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 23 of over 342 reviews

3.9
Labatt President  Kyle Norrington
Kyle Norrington
Pros
  • "Free beer and a ping pong table in the break area(in 23 reviews)

• "great people, great connections, good perks(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life Balance can be a struggle(in 45 reviews)

• "Long hours, less attention to detail than ideal(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Labatt and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free beer"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic and unprofessional atmosphere

Aug 28, 2020 - Quality Assurance in Edmon, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits and free beer

Cons

Toxic work environment, staff are overloaded with work, no work/life balance, too much OT, bullying very common in multiple departments, no reward for hard work, not accepting of new ideas or improvements, horrible training program, unreasonable expectations of new staff, very high school feeling with clicks and bullying, staff behaving unethically and management not doing anything about it (fudging data, not entering data to make control charts look good, writing down tasks are complete when they are not, etc.)

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Pursue other roles! Free beer isn’t all

Jan 21, 2021 - Brand Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer every week was nice

Cons

Salary too low compared to other similar roles

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Bow down to your corporate overlords

Oct 5, 2020 - Web Developer in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer and a ping pong table in the break area

Cons

- The pay - Work conditions/environment is stressful and unrewarding - No permanent positions 75% of employees are 'temporary'

4. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Standard job, good people

Jun 3, 2020 - Warehouse Associate/Order Picker in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with Free beer every month

Cons

Lack of communication between corporate and floor workers

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Communication across all levels is a priority we continue to focus on, so we appreciate your feedback.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

People Manager

Apr 7, 2020 - People Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! You will learn skills that you didn't think imaginable all while working for brands you know and love. Endless opportunities for your career, gives you the foundation to be able to adapt to any work environment and thrive under pressure. If you're ready to be bold, resilient and agile - this is the place for you. Oh and, free beer.

Cons

It is a heavy work hard, play hard mentality. Have to be ready to put in the work to be able to achieve results.

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear you’ve had such a positive experience with us as a People Manager!

6. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Decent experience

Feb 24, 2020 - Intern in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

free beer good team opportunity to grow

Cons

minimal guidance old facility stingy long hours

The People Team

We are proud to offer many opportunities to develop our people and we know that great colleagues make all the difference, that’s just one of the reasons we consider our people our greatest asset! Thank you for leaving a review.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good perks, tough compensation package

Dec 10, 2019 - Retail Sales Merchandiser
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perks including free beer, tickets to hockey games, ski tickets Great team environment and culture

Cons

Very low pay, no benefits, unpaid vacation Lots of heavy lifting and drop offs Promotions from top down only and not merit based

The People Team

Thanks for your feedback and for the work that you do for Labatt. People are a key component of our culture and we encourage you to discuss our processes and policies with your manager and People Team. We want to ensure you have the right information to continue your career with Labatt.

8. 3.0

Toronto Head Office Employee

May 29, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Free Beer ($900 beer card for the year). - Great colleagues, most have good intentions and are not cut throat. - Good location- office oversees the lake.

Cons

- Compensation, including bonus is below average for the amount of work you have to do to earn it. - Office space is outdated. If you work in a particular department you will need to take Advil everyday because the noise level is out of control due to how many people are crammed in a small space. - Turn over is high. You won’t meet a person that has been in the same role for more than a year. While some may see this as a pro it’s actually a very big downfall for the company as no one knows what they are doing. When you ask for guidance the most common answer you will get is “I don’t know”. This makes it very hard to get anything done because no one knows anything. Sink or swim environment! - Benefits are average, nothing special to set them apart from other companies. - Do not have the ability to work from home. They say you are able to but it’s not encouraged. - Merit increases are non existent.

2 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. As a meritocracy based organization, our bonuses are based off the achievement of both individual and company targets. This enables us to continually move our industry forward and promote top-line growth. We encourage fast career growth through cross-functional experiences and leadership development. Our people grow at the pace of their talent and are rewarded accordingly. We understand a career with Labatt is not for everyone, and we are actively seeking what stands out to our current and former employees, as we strive to continuously improve. Your feedback is appreciated.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Make the most out of it

Feb 5, 2019 - Group Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

free beer; fast track of career opportunities; young work force

Cons

High turnover rate; very last minute scheduling and a lot of ambiguity; not a lot of exceptional talent; cheap company (ZBB); inflexibility with mobility

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We strive to hire the best people and invest in their personal and professional development. We value our people and will continue to invest in them. To address your concerns about zero based budgeting (ZBB), it is part of our culture to manage our costs tightly, which helps free up resources that support sustainable and profitable top-line growth. We appreciate your feedback.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Warehouse Associate

Jan 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Limited free beer -Good group of coworkers

Cons

-Unrealistic targets -High employee turnover -worker/manager devided relationships (work against one another) -productivity before safety -Pay is near-minimum wage for very physically demanding work. Opportunity to graduate to in-house forklift training with no pay-raise. The trainers get paid the same as everyone else. -Union reps offer no support and are on the same side as employer. Some serious unethical occurances get overlooked on a regular basis. -worst work/life balance i've ever enountered -work descrimination: some workers are offered priviledged duties on a routine basis, while others are expoited and overworked. -Human resources employee rep works on location and is nothing more than a figurehead. The person filling the role does next to nothing to offer assistance to the ones she is assigned to assist. -they blackmail sick/personal days. Only union workers get 2-3 paid sick days (temps get 0). Even if they need to use one of these days the company deducts a large amount from their quarterly bonus. -culture is gone: maximize profit, minimize costs at all accounts. The warehouse is where they always try to cut every year. -company is set on prescedents, only to remove them when convenient.

2 people found this review helpful

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Please know that we are actively looking to better understand what stands out to our employees in the workplace, so thank you for leaving a review. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate teams to explore further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews