Cover image for Labatt Breweries of Canada
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Labatt Breweries of Canada Employee Reviews about "no work life"

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Labatt Breweries of Canada CEO Marcelo (Mika) Michaelis
Marcelo (Mika) Michaelis

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Labatt Breweries of Canada and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no work life"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

Summer Intern

Feb 25, 2016 - Sales Representative in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gain a lot of experience, fast paced, competitive industry.

Cons

poor work life balance at this company

2. 5.0

Summer Student

Apr 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people Amazing experience I learnt so much while working for this company

Cons

Work life balance needs to be looked at

3. Join the Labatt Breweries of Canada team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Work hard play hard

Jun 11, 2022 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of perks and great atmosphere

Cons

Bad work life balance here

Sr. Specialist

Thanks for your comments! We're happy you enjoy the culture and benefits at Labatt. We also believe in the spirit of ownership, and recognize that work life balance can be a challenge. We encourage you to address this with your manager to review and prioritize tasks.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Warehouse Associate

Jan 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Limited free beer -Good group of coworkers

Cons

-Unrealistic targets -High employee turnover -worker/manager devided relationships (work against one another) -productivity before safety -Pay is near-minimum wage for very physically demanding work. Opportunity to graduate to in-house forklift training with no pay-raise. The trainers get paid the same as everyone else. -Union reps offer no support and are on the same side as employer. Some serious unethical occurances get overlooked on a regular basis. -worst work/life balance i've ever enountered -work descrimination: some workers are offered priviledged duties on a routine basis, while others are expoited and overworked. -Human resources employee rep works on location and is nothing more than a figurehead. The person filling the role does next to nothing to offer assistance to the ones she is assigned to assist. -they blackmail sick/personal days. Only union workers get 2-3 paid sick days (temps get 0). Even if they need to use one of these days the company deducts a large amount from their quarterly bonus. -culture is gone: maximize profit, minimize costs at all accounts. The warehouse is where they always try to cut every year. -company is set on prescedents, only to remove them when convenient.

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Please know that we are actively looking to better understand what stands out to our employees in the workplace, so thank you for leaving a review. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate teams to explore further.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

8/10 recommend

Oct 18, 2021 - Territory Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They invest in their people

Cons

Poor work VS life balance

Sr. Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on our people and we believe they’re our greatest assets, and are glad you have experienced this through your career with us so far. To help create balance in your day, we recommend working with your manager to help place priority on certain tasks to help with work life balance.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not for everyone

Oct 6, 2020 - Backoffice Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Exciting industry that is constantly changing and Labatt is the market leader (by far). -Labatt is not afraid to play offense when needed. M&A and other big moves are always on the table. -Opportunity to take on big projects early on in your career. -Benefit package is average but above average 8% DC pension match. -Very early in inclusion and diversity journey, but open to change under new President and VP of People

Cons

-High turnover on commercial team leads to many vacancies that do not get filled in a timely manner. -Work life balance is unhealthy and not suitable to a family or caregiver lifestyle. -Extreme KPI driven organization leading to competitiveness and finger pointing when projects or results are off-track. -Above average bonuses are only paid out on avg every 5th year (last 2 times were 2015 & 2009). -Openly targets salaries at 80% of market reference (you will never make as much as you would with other leading CPG companies). -Visibility to internal job openings is non- existent and not shared internally. -Data and analytical capabilities not prioritized. Years behind leading CPG companies as Labatt refuses to resource this function appropriately. Disclosure: this review is written by a current employee who is actively looking for a new job with another employer.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Territory Manager

Dec 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great skill development, Industry leaders

Cons

Work life balance is not healthy

The People Team

Thank you for leaving a review. We are proud to offer many opportunities to develop our people. As a company of owners, we understand work life balance may be a challenge, and encourage our employees to work with their manager and team to prioritize tasks that will create balance in their day.

9. 1.0

Get in Get out

Apr 3, 2017 - Group Manager in London, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hires right out of university Reasonable pay to experience Looks good on a resume Fast promotions Benifits at 3 months Pension plan at 6

Cons

Very negative work place culture (very few people appear to be happy... most will flat out tell you they are not) Poor work life balance Very high turn over Difficult place to maintain a moral compass

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work for. Have been here for 5 years now.

Sep 18, 2014 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Like the people. Management is good. Benefits are good compared to previous employer

Cons

Lack of direction at times. Hard to always get a good work/life balance

4 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Difficult Culture to Navigate

May 25, 2021 - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits Opportunity for Growth Actively trying to improve

Cons

Low employee engagement Lack of work/life balance Low on the salary scale Very political

Sr. Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback regarding work life balance and engagement. Employee engagement is something we pride ourselves on and is very important to us. We have shared your thoughts with our internal teams, and we wish you the best of luck in your future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews

Labatt Breweries of Canada logo

Reviews by Job Title

Labatt Breweries of Canada Photos

+ Add Photo
Labatt Breweries of Canada photo of: Our employees know that being the best is equal parts enthusiasm and responsibility. Learn more about the Labatt culture: https://buff.ly/2J5Qjxh
Labatt Breweries of Canada photo of: Cheers to our team in Halifax who celebrated International Women's Day at the Alexander Keith's Brewery! They brewed up a delicious Cherry Vanilla Northern London Brown Ale.
Labatt Breweries of Canada photo of: Did you know our Toronto office is located by the beautiful waterfront?
Labatt Breweries of Canada photo of: John Kinder Labatt started a single small brewery in London, Ontario where our hometown brewery still stands. The rest is history.

Have you worked here?

Anheuser-Busch InBev

3.8

3,983 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 486 Labatt Breweries of Canada reviews submitted anonymously by Labatt Breweries of Canada employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Labatt Breweries of Canada is right for you.