Labinal Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alain Sauret

Pros
Cons
  • Grand groupe, parfois beaucoup de bureaucratie (in 2 reviews)

• This is a French owned company and very tone deafl to the needs of their employes (in 4 reviews)

1. "Dated Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Labinal (More than a year)

Pros

Good parent company with Safran. Opportunities exist beyond Labinal.

Cons

High pressure environment and poor company culture.

2. "level 2 mechanic"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Labinal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

was a job.was harvard when started they were great company word for .Harvard cared about employees.Labinal did not,nor did they care about quility.

Cons

cost alot of people jobs.

"A good starting point."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Denton, TX

I worked at Labinal (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with a interesting group of people, the long vacations around Christmas are always great, and it's a good place to start your career. Some locations have a very diverse workforce.

Cons

There aren't many chances that allow you to move up in the United States. Labinal Services and Safran Engineering Services have even less options when it comes to opportunity. Safran typically pays less than other companies in aerospace. There are jobs postings that are only open to foreign employees.

Advice to Management

I've seen people who are great at one thing but might need work in other areas. You need to uplift team members and help them strengthen their weaknesses.

"Great company ... Except"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Labinal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart company
    Reasonable benefits
    Multifaceted
    Always growing, changing
    Good networking

Cons

Too much reporting
    Unorganized in some areas
    Cloudy company vision due to all of the reorganizing

Advice to Management

Team members who try to do things right, report problems, quality issues etc are often retaliated against ultimately leading to other problems. Site supervision can be a joke, constantly inappropriate with perverted language and insults combined with sitting around on craigslist and youtube all day. Incredibly over-employed site leader to the point it will inevitably catch up to the company.

"So much wasted potential"

Former Employee - Technical Team Leader in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Team Leader in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Labinal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shining stars working the trenches to turn out good product against the odds.
    They have vending machines.

Cons

I have worked for some of the heaviest hitters in the aerospace industry for over 25 years. I lasted a little over a year at Labinal in Sarasota before I left....it was the only time in my career that I walked out on a job. Favoritism, nepotism and managerial incompetence run rampant at this facility and it was, without exception, the absolute worst professional experience in my career. The leadership there would be hard pressed to collectively manage their way out of a wet paper bag. I resolutely applaud those employees who continue to show up every day in spite of the rancid culture. This place had a turnover rate of over 19% in 2015 and there's a very good reason for it.

Advice to Management

Advice? How do you give advice to people who already have all the answers? Advice to Safran corporate leadership? Fire every single person on the Tier 3 team with the exception of the comptroller. The rest of them can't find their butts with both hands.

"Confused company"

Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Labinal provides decent benefits. They have decreased raises over the years and are currently not competitive. Nice facility to work in.

Cons

This is a French owned company and very tone deafl to the needs of their employes. They spend a lot of money on "branding" campaigns on employee motivation but there is no substance behind it.

Advice to Management

Stop sending people to talk to us that we can't understand their accents. Stop running people into the ground with unrealistic expectations.

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Engineer in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Labinal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation is decent, and they have free coffee.

Cons

Company is run by inept management, who only care about their perception, not the qaulity of the product they produce or design. They knowingly ship defunct product to maintain schedule. If you have any sense of integrity, do not bother applying here. The turnover has been so high, their is only one person left (If he is still there) who fully understands the product. Everyone else is new, and over their head.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and get some people in who are true leaders, not bosses, and understand the Aerospace industry

9. "Secure Company, Poor Management"

Current Employee - Production Team Lead in North Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Production Team Lead in North Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Labinal (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are nice, including good insurance, paid holidays, and opportunity for overtime at time-and-a-half (salary is closer to 1.5x base pay). Wealth of employee experience, many 15 years and more with the company. The manufacturing industry and particularly the aerospace and defense sector are relatively stable.

Cons

Management team is somewhat dysfunctional, and generally rather inexperienced in comparison with non-management employees. Very outdated equipment used in production (welding equipment in use from the 1940's). Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Advice to Management

Be more engaged directly with employees, spend less time in meetings, and consolidate the management teams and functions.

10. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Labinal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Multi cultural company with sites all over the world.

Cons

The salaries are not very high.....

"A foreign owned company, that treats foreigners better than Americans"

Former Employee - Process Specialist II in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Process Specialist II in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Labinal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were not bad.
    Healthcare was good.
    401K plan 50% up to 6% I believe.
    Company stock matching program.

Cons

The company brought in many Mexican Nationals to take over for Americans, in both the Salisbury MD, and Denton TX locations. Eventually the company relocated to Denton TX (probably hoping to move to their Chihuahua Mexico location.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like furniture. The reason that so many of the Salisbury MD employees had been with the company for so long, was because they cared about, and were good at their jobs (and also there's not a lot of Manufacturing jobs in the area). The lives of 500+ people, and their families were impacted, (although the company didn't seem like that mattered to them at all). Many employees who had been with the company for many years (like myself), were not even offered positions in Denton Texas, where the Salisbury operation moved to. Not only did management attempt to replace, or supplement the American employees with Mexican Nationals, these Mexican employees had no prior experience, and tended to do things very quickly, but almost always wrong. I wish this company the worst of luck in their future, although I plan to use this as an opportunity to start a new chapter in my life.