Labor Ready Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 4, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Cooper

Pros
  • Paid daily and shifts are too short (in 20 reviews)

• They will put you to work if you really want to work (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough work above minimum wage 8 (in 37 reviews)

• Low pay, assignments weren't so great (in 27 reviews)

"Unsafe Work Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were better here than most companies.

Cons

I don't know if it was like this at all locations, but it was unsafe to work for Labor Ready in my territory. As a CSR of Labor Ready, your job was to watch over the store, set jobs, hire and fire employees and make cold calls to obtain more customers/jobs. Majority of the time, you would be left at the store alone. As a young female, this was scary because you were told by management to basically give anyone a job who could pass their test. This left the door open to criminals and mentally unstable individuals. A person could easily get around the questions by lying and there was no security. Only on sensitive jobs would a drug test or background check be performed on the temporary workers. I would have to terminate these individuals if they didn't perform well at a temporary job given. I had temporary workers threaten my life, throw chairs, follow me after leaving the office after they weren't happy with their pay or they were fired. I was told to pick up/drop off workers up from crime ridden parts of town even in the middle of the night after their job ended. I had to go downtown to the local mission where people who just got out of prison went and was told to gather people for work. Management told me this was my job. Not everyone was bad, but the majority of the temporary workers were. It was horrible and down right scary working for this company. I had enough when one of these workers broke into my home. This store and several other locations in my area closed later on.

Advice to Management

Do not let permanent employees work here alone during a shift. Do a background check and frequent drug tests on all of your temporary employees. The quality of your temporary workers will change.

2. "Laborer"

Former Contractor - Laborer in Wenatchee, WA
    Former Contractor - Laborer in Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They made sure I had work when i needed it.

Cons

A lot of factory work

3. "General Labor"

Current Employee - General Labor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - General Labor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get paid the same day you work.

Cons

This is the worst place I've ever work! They are only worried about their contracts but not about their workers. If they have a job that needs to be filled by Monday and that job only needs one person Labor Ready send ten people and there is a big fight over who got there first! Labor Ready do not tell you how to dress for each job, Should I wear boots? Should I have Safty Glasses? Should I have an ear protection? Now to the pay. The pay is always late! There is always a problem putting the money on our card after we worked hard all day! You have to keep calling them and you keep getting their voice message. Philadelphia and New Jersey Labor Ready Management act like they on some type of get high maybe crack cocaine.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you would want to be treated. Stop taking advantage of people because you know they really need a Job!

5. "Temp agency"

Former Freelancer - Laborer ·Host/Dishwasher in Peoria, IL
    Former Freelancer - Laborer ·Host/Dishwasher in Peoria, IL

I worked at Labor Ready (More than 3 years)

Pros

You manage your own times when your available to work.

Cons

The days and hours offer for work is very short.

Advice to Management

More long term jobs.

6. "Run for your life."

Current Contractor - Worker in Chelsea, MA
    Current Contractor - Worker in Chelsea, MA

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

1. Paid same day only Monday to Friday.

Cons

1. The restroom is over at the local Dunkin Donuts.
    2. You my be next in consideration for an assignment but the beggars hanging on the counter more often then not will steal your chance for work.
    3. Watch out for the rules changing as the game is played.

Advice to Management

Trade jobs with me.

"Varied"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offered work periodically when I was unemployed

Cons

There were a few staff that was unprofessional and quite rude. They would talk about their employees or threaten to disclose private information on background checks. Also they would text to go out on a job and when you were almost there with in the time you were supposed to be there they would give the job to one of their same favorite employees. My husband also worked there and Gina was the worse always had an attitude, which she actually did disclose his private information to other employees after she threatened to.

Advice to Management

They need to go out and try to find jobs for the employees. They need to listen to the companies who employ them like when a employee is a DNR dont send them back and vice versa. Its sad you have to send people to out of areas and then only give jobs to people willing to transport a bunch of people not willing to chip in on gas and you don't know. Furthermore you wont get the job unless you do.

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Temp in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Temp in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

There really are no pros to working for Labor Ready.

Cons

Daily Pay is not guaranteed.
    Work is rarely available, and skilled work is non-existent.
    Company uses best fit dispatch to discriminate against employees.
    Totally unprofessional offices (I.e. never pick up the phone during normal business hours, unprofessional behavior, disdain for temporary workers, etc.).
    Corporate management does not even believe in their own company values, mission statement, etc.
    As a temp you are not even considered an employee with Labor Ready not are you treated like one.
    Generally horrible to work for.

Advice to Management

Get out of the business. You are failing on every level and I suspect you already know that.

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with an wide array of people from different backgrounds.

Cons

Be careful if you have a manager that has a labor hall mentality.

Advice to Management

Your company will not succeed if you do not value the workers....that includes managers, assistant managers and CSR's and especially the temp workers. Take care of them and your stock holders will be happy.

10. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Labor Ready (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, working independently, nice atmosphere when working be yourself, somewhat laid back.

Cons

Never get out of work at your schedule time, and bring on call after hours but not getting any extra bonuses for it. Very unprofessional company.

Advice to Management

Be a little professional, do not slander your employees to the workers or temporary associates. When your suppose to be on the road doing sales and site visits, but instead your at home or doing other non-work related things.

"You make the experience."

Current Employee - General Laborer in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - General Laborer in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time

Pros

You make your schedule. You choose whether you drive or not, work with people or alone, close or far away, long term or short term.

Cons

No loyalty. Can get stranded far away, can have alit of down time not paid for, a lot of cancellations

Advice to Management

Clean out the office! Starting with the manager of the branch! He is useless! The branch never opens on time and always closes early tho!