Labor Ready 391 Reviews | Glassdoor

Labor Ready Reviews

Updated February 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Paid daily and shifts are too short (in 20 reviews)

• You can pick and choose the jobs you want to work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage which is not really a con (in 36 reviews)

• Low pay jobs may only last 1 day (in 26 reviews)

1. "The albany NY office."

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time

Pros

theres no requirement to show up every day.

Cons

The office is crowded in the morning, people often have attitudes, theres only one person behind the counter and she is FREQUENTLY late... also very apathetic, plays favorites, and generally just unprofessional. there is little work, its basically located in the ghetto, down the street from a mission and homeless shelter, so the general demographic lacks employment etiquette. they are dismissive to many people (though many bring it on themselves)
    this office will faithfully screw up your pay at least once a week, under pay you, try to cut corners, not pay you over time, change the pay week (monday to sunday turns into sunday to saturday) so they can just change up the start of the week to avoid overtime.
    they avoid picking up the phones, recruiting people, and generally just doing any part of their job
    i highly recommend avoiding this office at all costs.

Advice to Management

treat your people better, answer your phones, return calls and get someone else in the office to help maria in the mornings.

2. "Laborer"

Former Employee - Construction Laborer in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Construction Laborer in Flushing, NY

I worked at Labor Ready (Less than a year)

Pros

Always had work the bosses hooked u up with good people to work with and treated u with respect and they took care of their workers

Cons

Didn't pay that well at times some jobs they gave u was below minimum wage and sometimes cut your hours

3. "customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly staff when dealing with customers

Cons

never know where you might go

Advice to Management

don't play favorites

5. "Great place"

Former Employee - Furniture, and Equipment Mover in Sunset, LA
    Former Employee - Furniture, and Equipment Mover in Sunset, LA

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you a job to what you're good at.

Cons

Minimum wage which is not really a con.

6. "Labor Ready"

Current Employee - General Laborer
    Current Employee - General Laborer

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid daily, able to learn new skills, good professional work experience, friendly employers

Cons

Not a guaranteed source of work assignments once one assignment is finished

Advice to Management

N/A

"Unsafe Work Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were better here than most companies.

Cons

I don't know if it was like this at all locations, but it was unsafe to work for Labor Ready in my territory. As a CSR of Labor Ready, your job was to watch over the store, set jobs, hire and fire employees and make cold calls to obtain more customers/jobs. Majority of the time, you would be left at the store alone. As a young female, this was scary because you were told by management to basically give anyone a job who could pass their test. This left the door open to criminals and mentally unstable individuals. A person could easily get around the questions by lying and there was no security. Only on sensitive jobs would a drug test or background check be performed on the temporary workers. I would have to terminate these individuals if they didn't perform well at a temporary job given. I had temporary workers threaten my life, throw chairs, follow me after leaving the office after they weren't happy with their pay or they were fired. I was told to pick up/drop off workers up from crime ridden parts of town even in the middle of the night after their job ended. I had to go downtown to the local mission where people who just got out of prison went and was told to gather people for work. Management told me this was my job. Not everyone was bad, but the majority of the temporary workers were. It was horrible and down right scary working for this company. I had enough when one of these workers broke into my home. This store and several other locations in my area closed later on.

Advice to Management

Do not let permanent employees work here alone during a shift. Do a background check and frequent drug tests on all of your temporary employees. The quality of your temporary workers will change.

8. "Seeking employment"

Former Employee - Laborer
    Former Employee - Laborer

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Labor ready help explore different work fields

Cons

The work consistency is moderate

Advice to Management

Encourage more permanent employment

9. "Laborer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monaca, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monaca, PA

Pros

Flexible work and immediate pay

Cons

Low pay and unreachable jobs

Advice to Management

Get More job in the immediate area

10. "The Mediator"

Former Employee - JB Hunt/Final Mile Services in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - JB Hunt/Final Mile Services in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They accepted this ex-con is my first reason for really appreciating Labor Ready. Downtown Irving Blvd branch is my first experience, and it was wonderful. I received an assignment as I was finishing up my application. This of course of be in September of 2013. They send text to your phone which is a major plus vs getting up at 4:30 every morning just to wait in line and hope u worked well enough to be chosen once more. So I absolutely love that aspect of they're formula. They kept me with work to do, which I also absolutely love.

Cons

The main reason I label this a con is due to being held responsible for my past immaturity ie poor work ethic. But my gripe lies in the fact that I believe once I moved to Oklahoma city I believe I followed all procedures to ensure employment with this branch. Other than that and the pay for certain assignments I actually loved the experience. They are currently named People Ready.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have is to keep up the good job!!!

11. "Customer Service Representative/Recruiter"

Former Employee - Customer Service Staffing/Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Staffing/Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can come and go as you please

Cons

Unfair to daily laborers, want persons without negative background and paying less than livable wages per hour. Tax car allowances for drivers transporting other laborers.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight, bad managers make for bad business practice and high turnover stats