Ladders Reviews | Glassdoor

Ladders Reviews

Updated January 21, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and perks like free food (breakfast and lunch) (in 12 reviews)

• Stocked kitchen with lots of food (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • the company has a high turnover rate that can be worrisome to the current employees (in 9 reviews)

• He has no real plan for making an outdated business model work in the modern era (in 6 reviews)

"Bumblebee"

I worked at Ladders full-time

Pros

Product has use for candidates and clients

Cons

Unstable product. Massive changes in ecosystem create several rounds of layoffs

Advice to Management

Separate company culture

"CEO and Founder Flounders"

I have been working at Ladders full-time

Pros

Great views of the harbor, free breakfast, lunch and dinner, comfortable work environment

Cons

CEO has no direction, one it's left then right and micro-manages all teams

Advice to Management

to The Board of Directors: replace the CEO

"Anonymous Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ladders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and snacks
    Decent benefits
    Nice view

That's it.

Cons

Not friendly environment
    Terrible management
    No opportunity to grow and leverage skills

CEO has no clue what's going on in business world as well as in his own company

Advice to Management

Sell company before it's not too late

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Pros

The people (below managers) are the best part of the company. Nothing else is worth getting your soul sucked in this company. No view, free food or benefits are great enough to stay.

Cons

In the past year, over 50 people have left Ladders. Want to know why? Because it's an unfair environment. People are not given the tools they need to succeed. Good ideas are thrown away like garbage because they won't get approval from the CEO. There is more politics than professionalism. Most people who have left recently (either fired or quit) were there less than a year. What does that tell you?

There is no culture. Employees are publicly berated and humiliated. Employees are given NO respect and thrown away like garbage. The employees are the reason the company has lasted this long.

Advice to Management

Karma is very real. Submitting cookie cutter responses (which are utterly untrue) is not going to stop people from telling the truth about how badly people are treated here.

"A 'wanna be' tech company, no vision, no greatness, sad!"

I worked at Ladders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice views of the office, free meals, benefits okay (although they only pay the 401K match at end-of-year), competent mid-level management.

Cons

The Ladders has been through several rounds of pivots, teams, and executive management over the years, and at this point, they don't seem to be able to get it right. While they are focusing their efforts on engaging content, they are not monetizing very well and honestly, I'm not sure how they are still in business. There is no strategy and the executive team in place is a "wanna be". I've been fortunate to work at a number of high-tech, start-up companies that have been inspiring and successful. Not this one. This is by far the worst, and most invaluable experience I've had. Glad to be out.

Advice to Management

Resign. This is a failing business model, you can't compete, cut your losses, and pack it up. No one should have to pay to apply for jobs.

"Worst place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ladders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Three meals a day, decent snacks, and a good view from the office windows. And the junior people are all nice.

Cons

This is literally the worst place I've ever worked, and almost everyone else here feels the same way. The CEO is a jerk who doesn't care about anyone but himself. (Google his name and "campaign", and read the first five articles.) Worse, he's enabled by an HR team who will lie through his teeth and say anything (but do nothing) in response to employee concerns.

Do NOT listen to any of the glowing reviews here, which are all planted by the company. You know this, because all the reviews are either 5 stars (fake) or 1- and 2-stars (real), with nothing in between! Focus on all the SCATHING reviews, which are 99% accurate and honest. (People do not leave terrible reviews on Glassdoor for no reason!)

And to make matters worse, the company is headed nowhere fast. It's an old business model from the early days of the internet, and it continues to be a scam to customers. We charge customers a lot of money and provide almost ZERO value to them. 100% of our job listings are publicly available!!!

Advice to Management

Quit. You've seen our metrics. You've seen half the exec team quit. This company won't be around for long.

"Kodak used to be a great company, too"

I worked at Ladders full-time

Pros

Great office view... and that is it.

Cons

Like any company, it starts from the top: the CEO is completely lost. He has no real plan for making an outdated business model work in the modern era. He'll go on about how great Ladders was back in the day (or how great his failed startup, Knosen, was), but his words mean nothing in the context of today. He makes knee-jerk decisions, and then blames everyone else when things blow up due to his lack of planning or vision. In general, he comes across as a truculent and vindictive child. Sad!

Advice to Management

lol

"Not a very welcoming culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
    Medical and dental
    401k
    Casual dress
    Quick response and support from facilities

Cons

Slow to respond for HR requests (went from temp to perm a month ago and still do not have proper wages to accommodate this)
    Have been here for nearly 2 months and have not felt very welcomed
    Nearly 0 culture building
    Lack of leadership in management

Advice to Management

Have more cross team culture building.
    Very clique heavy dependent on role at company.
    Make sure HR and upper management is following up with requests in appropriate about of time

"Not bad...lots of growth potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Ladders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working in sales for the past year at Ladders. When I first starting working here, the company was very limited in our B2B products and services, and at the time we were only selling one product. SInce joining, the company has created 3 new B2B products/services, which are adding tremendous value to our clients, and providing me and our sales people with growth opportunities $$. The company is far from perfect, but my co-workers are pretty awesome, and I now have plenty of opportunities to make sales.

Cons

Company needs to move faster with building/shipping new products, especially if the sales team will be selling. Not enough developers.

Advice to Management

Support your sales teams by hiring more developers to build the products/services we're selling. Listen to your employees.

"It was good fir me...."

I worked at Ladders full-time

Pros

Ladders was a good experience for me. They provide me with a great work environment, the tools that I needed to get my job done and they fed me well. I enjoyed working with the team they were always willing to help even before asking for help. If you are smart and a hard worker there are plenty of career opportunities.

Cons

You will work hard, a lot of decisions made seem to be seat of the pants decisions, half- baked decisions. The CEO seems nice (never really had interactions with him) it would be nice to have more direct interaction with leadership and CEO and maybe have the customer service team brought into some of the decision-making processes especially when it will affect the customer directly.