Lagasse Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Profits over people"

Current Employee - AGOM in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - AGOM in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Lagasse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k, and they have some time off they give you. you get a paycheck every couple of weeks... and you get some really crummy health insurance. Other than that there are no pro's to this job.

Cons

Where to start....OK this company does not care about it's associates one bit. If you get sick they want you to come in anyways and if you don't they will treat you bad when you do come back. The GOM doesn't even say "good morning" to you at the start of the day! The H/R Dept. is a JOKE! Nobody ever seems to know what's going on day to day and there is no set schedule, so you might work 1,2 hours or 8,12 to maybe even 16 hours. You just never know. This is also a way for this company to not pay overtime. They will work you right up to 40hrs then send you home the rest of the week so they don't have to pay O/T. I've found another job and will be putting in my 2 week notice but they will let me go that day cause that's there culture. It's a culture of bullying and intimidation. Good bye lagasse....

Advice to Management

There have been many suggestions to the upper management but it goes in one ear and out the other. They could care less about people at this nasty company. They have some stupid saying MVV missions visions and values these are a dirty joke and NONE of upper management lives them. It's really sad because people start at this company with good intentions and then are repeatedly lied to and basically used till you get fed up with all the BS.

2. "Inside Sales"

Pros

Great benefits and work hours.

Cons

Commission structure changes monthly sometimes in middle of reporting month-hard to keep track of goals.

Advice to Management

Better training-office supply company that does provide office supplies to staff

3. "Not a real job place"

Current Employee - Lead in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lagasse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of over time to the point of exhaustion. Decent pay.

Cons

People run out of this warehouse on a weekly basis. I never know who my coworkers will be anymore and that's scary. And safety is and has been taking a back seat in the warehouse. Back in the early 2000's there was solid management at the Denver Lagasse Sweet branch. I heard they ran out the managers that had been here since they opened and now it's a complete mess. I went to talk to my manager ( I don't even know his name cause he's to new) about an safety issue with the forklifts and was yelled at for leaving my area. Quotas is all they talk about and if you don't pull enough lines out the door you go. It's a revolving door at the warehouse. I'm finally looking for another job and it shouldn't be to hard in Denver.

Advice to Management

At this point I wouldn't waste my time addressing any issues with management as they don't listen and just yell all the time.

"Sr Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Lagasse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers very friendly, Some Sr. mgmt. will mentor you, flexibility in salaried positions. Ability to learn new things

Cons

No security, the ones that do not contribute to the good of the company are rewarded and the ones that made the company money are let go. Communication is a joke and changes are made to procedures without regard to any input to the SME.

Advice to Management

Utilize your internal talent and stop exhausting your good people and demand performance from those not producing. Get over the good ole boy handshake and allow the women with the talent to shine

"Sales"

I worked at Lagasse full-time

Pros

Fair compensation package, robust capacity to satisfy customers and an industry leader.

Cons

Poor leadership, weak culture and non-existent communications.

Advice to Management

Look to your associates for ideas and direction. Look to your customers for needs and expectations. Look to your competition to see where they are finding success. An industry leader only remains an industry leader when they do these things.

"Picker/packer"

Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Oaks, PA
    Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Oaks, PA

I worked at Lagasse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy work, low stress, work stays at work, easily work around your schedule work at own pace

Cons

managers are incompetent, they lack the necessary skills to run multiple employees. They treat their employees like their friends so their favorites get what they want while other workers get pushed around made to do all the grit work. There is no advancement in the company so you will do the same thing day in and day out so get used to the routine because it doesn't change. The people they hire act like children and get away with it, with continuous bickering or yelling.

Advice to Management

Get your work place together, Had a horrible experience working there. If it was anything other than a warehouse HR would have a field day with the kind of stuff you guys pull there

"Inside Sales"

I have been working at Lagasse full-time

Pros

You get free janitorial samples. It once was a family oriented company. People were nice, you don't have a manager looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Yearly raises are a joke. Upper management has no idea what they're doing. Blind leading the blind. No one knows how the bonus structure works.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees as if they're expendable. Better communication would be ideal.

"Easy job low pay but three weeks paid vacation"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

Pros

Three weeks paid vacation from day one

Cons

Low pay, no hours stupid staff and management.

Advice to Management

Zero

9. "Customer Service"

Pros

Was a great place to work. co-workers were great to work with . Hours were great.

Cons

dealing with some of the co-workers was like being back in high school.

"tough to get out on time, decent pay. You get what you work for at Lagasse. Its cold in the winter, and they turn off al"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Aurora, CO

I worked at Lagasse part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

driving the forklifts instead of manual pallet jacks. Getting paid weekly. The hours are not to bad. Unless they want you to come in early like 2 am.

Cons

This company does not pay very well. I mean 11 bucks an hour is really not much when you think about it. And the management is very stern. You really don't get any chances here. And it seems we are always running behind. So there's lot's of overtime. And we never seem to have enough people.

Advice to Management

Please be more understanding with the associates. I mean everybody screws up once in a while.