Lagoon Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Decent 15 yr old."

Former Employee - Ticket Sales in Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Ticket Sales in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free entrance into park
    Cheap food
    Work parties
    Atmosphere

Cons

Bad pay
    Bad hours
    Only 14 days off a season

2. "Foods Employee"

I worked at Lagoon full-time

Pros

Great people, Free park access, Great employee break room, Easy scheduling.

Cons

The hours can be rough.

Advice to Management

Create an employee comment box for future ideas and wants of employee's.

3. "This job is great for learning and having fun."

Current Employee - Food Service in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Lagoon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

One thing is that they hire as young as 14 years old. the people that you will work with there are always happy, even when you have a bad day the peop[le you are around will cheer you up.

Cons

If you dont bring a lunch and want to eat there is a employee kitchen where the sell food, which is great and all but it is very pricey eating the food there if not careful can take a large amount of your paycheck. another thing is hours for the 14/15 year olds. they arent scheduled as many hours.

Advice to Management

I the management at lagoon is very amazing they are very understanding and will do everything they can to help with getting time off for things. they greet everyone that comes in and smile these huge smiles all the time. and they help to get stuff done and make everything is running smooth.

4. "Ride Operator Job Postition"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Farmington, UT
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Farmington, UT

I worked at Lagoon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The area I worked in had a good vibe. Ride supervisors are friendly. You can get to know a lot of great people. Free access to the park all season. Can help you get more experience when working with large groups of people (guests/customers).

Cons

They schedule ride operators 16yrs+ 40 or more hours a week. It can really drain you. Pay is about $8 an hour, not the best but still over minimum. Food in employee kitchen is somewhat expensive.

Advice to Management

Try to hire as many qualified people as possible. Just so workers can have more backup just in case they can't make it to work or have something else going on. Hire more workers and split the hours between all of them just so no one gets overworked.

5. "Being a supervisor without the supervisor salary and end-of-season benefits"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Lagoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is always something to do, from giving people breaks to cleaning the park. There are very fun guest interactions constantly, and the experience with ride systems is riveting to have.

Cons

Huge amount of working hours with little pay and no benefits, or at least, benefits that any worker and not just the managers can obtain

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for your employees who ARE faithful and who ARE providing so much to the guests' experiences

6. "Lagoon, Its what Fun is!"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Lagoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People to work with! You are in the business of fun!

Cons

Some days it really hard work!

7. "Great First Cashier Job"

I worked at Lagoon part-time

Pros

I worked in the ticketing department, I loved my supervisors and my coworkers. They hire 14 year olds, so I was able to work for a few years before I turned 16. It's definitely a unique job experience, and you get to go into the park for free which is a bonus. Employee discount in the gift shop, too. Overall I had a very fun experience in my two years there.

Cons

It's always CRAZY busy. You will feel a little overwhelmed even on the slow days. The customers are unbelievably rude, I got yelled at for things out of my control nonstop. (ex: "why is it so expensive?" or "How dare you reject my coupon that expired in 2012!) They let you off early almost every day. That was fine when I was 14 and didn't need the money, but once I started needing to save up for college it got frustrating.

Advice to Management

Stop letting your employees off early almost every day! It was frustrating to get scheduled for 35 hours and only end up working 20.

8. "Lagoon"

I have been working at Lagoon full-time

Pros

You can take the rides for free

Cons

You are working under sun for so long with a really low salary, planning in the park is really bad, you always have to replace somebody and you can't work the job you scheduled for

9. "Would be a good first job"

Current Employee - Food Service in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Lagoon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet tons of amazing people and learn how to do many things. Work is available starting from 14 years old

Cons

Rude supervisors and coordinators, they don't really pay attention to breaks or scheduled time off. If you are under 16 years old, you have very little jobs granted to you

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to how supervisors and coordinators treat frontliners in stands and even around the park. Also, reconsider making everything so expensive in the break room if what you get costs as much as your paycheck.

10. "Great for a first job"

I have been working at Lagoon full-time

Pros

-Great place to gain experience for future jobs
        I started working at Lagoon at the age of 14 and have gained work experience with customer service and sales. (This was in the games department)
    -Lower Management is always there to help employees
        The supervisors and managers are the ones who answer your questions and help you out when you need it.
    -Free Entrance into the Park
        One of the best perks about the job. On your off days you can visit and gain free entrance.
    -Family Pass
        Every month you're able to receive two family passes which allow up to 8 people to get into the park for only $15. You also receive a parking pass for one vehicle.
    -Rewards (Coaster Culture/Star Spotter Coins)
        The rewards are good, you choose your prizes, the prizes can be a larger lagoon issued mug, a free ride on the catapult, skycoaster, or double thunder speedway, etc.
    -Employees
        Most of the other employees are great people! There's only been a few that killed the mood.
    -Schedules
        I have yet to have any problem with scheduling. All my time-off requests have been granted and if I ever had a problem with my schedule my manager would do what he can to fix it.

Cons

Upper-Management
        My first year of working at Lagoon, I've never saw the owner and never met him.
        My first encounter with one of the Upper-Management staff was one of the
        owners daughters and that was around the end of the season. I still have yet to
        meet nor see the owner of the park.
    -Wages
        The pay for the amount of work you do is way to low. Ages 14/15 get paid $6.75
        with a $0.50 bonus. Ages 16+ are paid $8.10 with a $0.75 bonus. Bonuses are
        received at the end of the season(Beginning of Oct.).
    -You're expected to always be cleaning
        If it's a slow day and you're not busy, you required to be cleaning. Even when it's spotless already.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to be more open with it's employees. The CEO needs to openly greet the employees and be involved.