Laird Reviews | Glassdoor

Laird Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • good working conditions, good people (in 7 reviews)

• Excellence work life balance and job to pass time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management doesn't care about anything except making money (in 6 reviews)

• The senior management in IT, does not offer any direction, career guidance, proactive planning, or advancements internally for their employees (in 4 reviews)

"Good place to begin"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Grand Blanc, MI
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Grand Blanc, MI

I worked at Laird full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work ethics. Get a lot to learn

Cons

None. A good place to work

"sweat shop"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Warren, OH

I worked at Laird full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

product is worth the time

Cons

will work you to your death not worth the little pay

Advice to Management

listen to employees and get a clue

"Stagnant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Laird full-time

Pros

Good working environment. People are friendly and helpful. If you're in the right click, it will be a good place to work.

Cons

Constant push to move operations to Asia where possible causes consistent questions about stability. All of the growth and opportunity for advancement is in Asia. Replacements for departed managers has resulted in departments of professionals reporting to a manager in Asia.

"Horrible! Stay far away!!"

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Warren, OH

I worked at Laird full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Reasonable pay depending on job location. Good IT department. Some of the perks are getting a little better.

Cons

Very bad company to work for. I was threatened and verbally abused on my second day of work by management. The abuse only got worst the longer I was at the company. HR and upper management doesn't care about anything except making money. The result of the abuse equals mean and miserable employees.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening employees and start managing. Everything is resolved with good management not intimidation!

"Welcome to Hell"

Former Employee - Engineer in Holly, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Holly, MI

I worked at Laird full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company, except good salary.
    So, don't get attracted if you want peace in your life. Room for personal growth is between Zero to nothing.

Cons

As previous commentors mentioned, yes-the management don't want to listen to you.
    Either you are over loaded or treated with dis respect or both.
    People who are already working there for years, they know how to escape & throw the blame on others or they don't have another option.
    I still wonder how this company has 3 star rating !!!

Silver Line: They treat you different if you belong to their comm...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees & don't stuck to traditional way of working.
    Go out & observe how other companies are treating their employees...how they are motivating...

"Dreadful management"

Former Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Holly, MI
    Former Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Holly, MI

I worked at Laird full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I have is I am glad I took Business management classes in college. This helped me determine how terrible management within Laird really is.

Cons

I agree with one of the other posts on here regarding sucking up to management. It seems if you do not fit in the “CLICK ” then you are out casted. Rejected to the point of neglect and very bad miscommunication. The communication between managers and employees (engineers working off site) is below standards. There also seems to be a lack of training. I asked for proper training after I was not allowed to ask questions. If I asked a question, I was talked down witch made it extremely hard to perform the details of the job effectively.
    My advice to management is to take some business management classes at the local community college. Once you complete these you may want to make sure lower management completes the same.
    A brown noser -is commonly known as a person who will go to many lengths to look impressive, good, and worthy towards another person or group of higher social standing.

Advice to Management

"one word " terrible" If companies were given grades they would receive an "F-""

Current Employee - Engineering Professional in Holly, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Professional in Holly, MI

I have been working at Laird full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You received a paycheck at the end of the week.

Cons

If you like being a suck up to management , then this is the place for you. Not just is the management a click of conceited people, they talk about their costumers and employees behind each others back . Even on my fist day of work I noticed management talking about the costumers and their coworkers personal life.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to try to have a better life at home. Just because you are a miserable person at home doesn't give you the right to bring your crappy attitudes and controlling attitudes to work with you.

"A once great proud company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

I worked at Laird full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This was a company with a vision that had a strong engaged sales team and terrific channel partners. Everyone was excited to go to work everyday to see what else could be done

Cons

Caught up in the hype of a better mousetrap lead by engineering instead of listening to customers on what they wanted. This arrogance scared away the largest customers in droves, driving revenue down

Advice to Management

Wake up, you had a golden opportunity to make a difference and you let ego take over

"Top management needs to listen and read what employees are saying."

I worked at Laird full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a challenging working environment that at times I enjoyed. Some very good people to work with and a worldwide working experience.

Cons

My department was very poorly managed and had no accountablility to top management. When told of issues within the department the result was disrespect and anger. Upward communication is very bad but works for some so lets stay the course!!

Advice to Management

Listen to complaints and restructure the chains of command to make the department managers more accountable to upper management and to issues employees have.

"The Company is so bad that HR people are flooding Glassdoor with positive reviews"

I worked at Laird full-time

Pros

There was a large amount of autonomy in my work. I was generally left alone to do my job.

Cons

This is some years ago, but when an HR representative, who is still with the company, can look at a room full of people and tell them, with a straight face, that while changing time off policy employees are gaining a day of PTO when there is actually a net loss in time off for the year, you should get an idea of the ethics of people with which you are dealing.

Advice to Management

Instead of having your HR people, who are obviously monitoring this site, come on and within a couple of days write glowing reviews about what a great place Laird is to work in order to offset the bad reviews, why don't you actually read and work on some of the issues employees have posted here? There is definitely a theme across the board.