Lake Lanier Islands Resort Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Williams

1. "It's okay"

Pros

You meet great coworkers and make money

Cons

You have bosses who are too busy to actually manage and instead get a highschooler to do it for them

Advice to Management

Hire managers who will do their job

2. "Part Time"

Former Employee - Decorator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Decorator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lake Lanier Islands Resort (More than a year)

Pros

It was the best first job I've ever had! I learned so much about baking and cake decorating and it was fun!

Cons

People get fired left and right.

3. "Lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Buford, GA

I worked at Lake Lanier Islands Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses, admission perks, outdoors, flexible scheduling

Cons

Long hours, high school kids, rude guests

Advice to Management

Professionalism among younger lifeguards should be more strictly demanded and enforced.

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA

I worked at Lake Lanier Islands Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful location but that is about it. Most of the employees are good people with good intentions. All I can say

Cons

Ugh just ugh only worry about more $$$. Not staff. Revolving door owners know little about hospitality. There are better places to work and build a career or expect longevity.

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I worked at Lake Lanier Islands Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working at Lanier Islands are the employees. They are just good hard working people just trying to do their best and earn a living.

Cons

The Owner of Lanier Islands has no regard for the people that dedicate themselves to the job. I loved my job, but I can honestly say this was the worst job experience I have ever had in all my year of employment.

7. "Pretty good"

Pros

good benefits, good pay, access to park. Supervisors usually very professional

Cons

not good opportunity for growth

8. "AMAZING"

Current Employee - Gianni's Italian Bistro Server in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Gianni's Italian Bistro Server in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Lake Lanier Islands Resort (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in this company for years and I have always loved it!

Cons

Everything at the resort is well.

9. "Steer clear of this employer, even as a first job."

Former Employee - Dock Attendant
    Former Employee - Dock Attendant

Pros

yea yea we get free entry to the park, along with 5 wrist bands for anyone we want, everyday. and a paying job. but what kid in their late teens and early college years wants to go to a crappy kiddy park anyway? its honestly for children and young highschoolers.

Cons

A lot of pay Inequity among sunset cove workers. If youre hired as a beach attendant, expect to show up for work and then told to "walk the beach" and "we will rotate you to the docks" LOL. what you do on the beach is clean up cigarette butts, plastic cups, beer cans, sometimes after sunset closes we find some diapers. Thats not bad, the worst part is they dont rotate the person they stuck on the sun drenching beach 3 hours ago, so you're mindlessly walking back and forth looking at the other beach attendants making 100's in tips for just helping dock boats, while you're there walking the beach for 7.25 an hour. You can't take off your shoes and when the supervisors don't need you(6 out of your 8 hour shift) they forget you're there. You could be passed out, dehydrated and they wouldnt know. While i was watching my other coworkers getting breaks i was stuck on that beach till the supervisor had to ask me if i had a break. Often times than not, id just issue my own break and noone would even notice. The workers are mostly highschoolers, so if you're in college, bet that you're going to be the only one working, except the mature highschoolers that are not lazy and actually do their job. my job ranged from running cat4 for the last 2 months of the season with my coworkers to helping move old furniture from a warehouse. I thought i was a dock attendant and not a life guard. and dont you have to be trained as a life guard to work a slide? or have a lg present? there was none. the CEO is a complete pain! He is new rich(shows off his wealth excessively) and he acts like it too. Hes the type of person that would cut you off in his Mercedes benz going 100 mph on a curvy road. He is such a ughhh. that guy seriously makes me mad. my manager kept my licence that i registered for, to drive the company vehicles without telling me. I registered for another one after my manager told me, nope i didnt get anything. i later found out by my supervisor while on break, that (manager) had it the entire summer. Meanwhile little 16 year olds are driving the vehicles without a licence causing accidents flipping over go carts causing damage to contractors personal vehicles. There is absolutely no communication between supervisor and worker, like you get to work and you're just sitting in the break room till the supervisor just strolls right in with his dog, in the break room with girlfriend in tow.

Advice to Management

fire yourselves, and all supervisors.

10. "gap in the resume - give this place a chance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Lake Lanier Islands Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

reputable place - good to fix gap in the resume.

Cons

you will be underpaid and overworked. Great for first timers or retired folks who don't mind to work for min wages.Part time is good option.

Advice to Management

no value for human factor. You come - you work - you go home. You don't ask for anything as you will never be important. High turn around in staff and most of people leave in 6 months- 2 years.

11. "Facilitator"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Facilitator in Flowery Branch, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Facilitator in Flowery Branch, GA

I have been working at Lake Lanier Islands Resort full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to facilitate a variety of team development initiatives in varied settings. lapdog, inc. attracts organizations who are seeking positive change and facilitators are challenged in the program design to deliver on these expectations.

Cons

Many of the organizations that choose to work with lapdog, inc. don't have adequate time to invest in order to meet their goals. Therefore, many of the facilitation opportunities are short in duration and don't reach the depth required for sustainable change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to listen to your facilitators. The variety of team development and facilitation opportunities are great.