Lake Michigan Credit Union Branch Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Lake Michigan Credit Union CEO Sandy Jelinski
Sandy Jelinski
  1. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Culture -Senior Management -Work/Life balance -Giving back to community

Cons

-Growth is limited for some Remote branches that aren't in the Grand Rapids area

Lake Michigan Credit Union2018-12-14

"Manager Full Time, Excellent Career Growth"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

101 best companies to work for, National and Statewide for a good reason. I have worked here for 5+ years as a teller, member service representative, and currently a branch manager. LMCU has invested many resources to make the best company culture to work in. You are family when you work for LMCU. Your opinion is heard and your future matters. Consider more than the annual salary, consider your benefits, 401 K,... Pension, Health Benefits/Cost, and other family circumstances. LMCU is in the banking industry, but family life is valued here.

Cons

I know I could be making more annually working for another company. However, I do not feel for the companies that have approached me they would provide me the results and growth LMCU has. My con in regards to income, is a pro, as LMCU has invested into my career growth and recognized that I as an individual wanted to show the leadership capacity to serve at higher levels. Income will come in the future.

Advice to Management

Every employee likes a raise. But for internal movement and promotions more often a think the manager's input should be considered for what employee they are staffing or promoting should get paid. Especially if you know your staff members are not being compensated hourly the same and one produces or services members better. Additionally, with internal promotion I think more often than not managers are being put the... low end of their bracket, but the company would be consider hiring new managers in at a higher rate. Consider improving current wages for longer retention.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2016-12-12

Lake Michigan Credit Union Response

February 22, 2017Human Resource Generalist I

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. What an awesome testament to LMCU’s commitment to our company culture, and our opportunity for growth! Being a part of the 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For is something that we are so proud of, and we are happy that you love our family atmosphere as much as we do. We love to see our employees progressing through their career paths, moving up to different positions from Teller to Manager, such as yourself. There is so much opportunity for our employees, and we are happy that you have found your place here. We also appreciate your constructive comments regarding our current compensation model. Please know that we are going to take this into consideration. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are happy that you have grown with us at LMCU! Thanks again.

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Member focused, service delivery is the focus, committed HR dept. Lots of locations, growing company. Great reputation in the community

Cons

Below industry ave pay, hiring in experienced management, working on a management training program but have a way to go

Lake Michigan Credit Union2016-10-18