Lake Michigan Credit Union Member Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.0
Lake Michigan Credit Union CEO Sandy Jelinski
Sandy Jelinski
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really care about the members and make sure that we are giving back as much as we can. The products are worth talking about and the internal culture is rewarding and welcoming.

Cons

Excpections are very high to multi-task and focus on many objectives in addition to role responsibility. It can feel like your job is never fully done and your list never gets accomplished. There’s always work to do. It can also be difficult to move up past an MSR role since there are limited positions per branch.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees just as fully as the members. It helps with retention and promotes the Work-Life balance that LMCU strives to have.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-04-07

Lake Michigan Credit Union Response

May 15, 2019Human Resources Generalist II

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for providing us with feedback to improve. Culture, member-focus, and giving back to the community are all things LMCU strives to excel at and we are happy that you feel that same way! We appreciate your feedback surrounding the nature of our work and would like to hear any suggestions you may have on how we can improve going forward. If you have any feedback for our team, please email employment@lmcu.org with your comments for us to review. Thank you again for your time and for leaving us a review!

2. "Generally Pleased"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Lake Michigan Credit Union is a company that promotes PRIDE in all that you do. They are committed to having the employees 'own' each member experience and do what is right by the members. -They are in the Best and Brightest to work for and there is most certainly a reason why. There work/home balance and PTO is excellent, they offer a 401k, and they offer a PENSION still which is almost unheard of now. -There... are many career opportunities if you are willing to travel. There are always positions posted internally if you wish for advancement. If you do not wish to advance and are pleased in your current position, you will not be looked down upon.

Cons

-There are often times when you will feel pulled in multiple directions and are not given reprieve as management is salaried and can be out of office for personal reasons as much as they want. -LMCU's computer systems are constantly having issues and their updates are pushed out seemingly willy-nilly and without much testing. This causes issues in service which will then be taken out on the retail and call center... staff. -The pay scale disparity is can only be described as offensive. LMCU seems to stand on the principle that that they will have retention if their culture is positive and they do not seem to worry about increasing the pay or paying employees equally. They hire outside the CU new employees with lesser experience at a higher rate to attract new talent but do not match the pay of current, high performing employees who have been faithful to the institution.

Advice to Management

-retail management should have annual performance reviews done anonymously from their staff and submitted to the district managers. -Computer updates should really be thoroughly tested prior to launch. It is exasperating to our members. - The pay scale needs to be reviewed. I read other reviews that stated the same thing almost two years ago and I will tell you as a long time employee, nothing has been done.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-06-19

"Member Service Rep"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment and work culture.

Cons

Pay doesn't raise fairly for faithful employees

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-04-04
  4. "Great Company!!"

Member Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union

Pros

Great work environment, Kind employees, room for advancement.

Cons

Things are always changing and updating.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2016-01-27

"It has been okay."

Current Employee - Member Service Representative

Pros

Many opportunities to grow within the company, confidence in products and services offered by company, and they have training programs set in place that are mostly effective.

Cons

Seems like they hire just about anyone to be a teller, which many of new hires make WAY TOO MANY errors which results in poor service and others end up taking the blame and/or correcting errors. Some management in place take advantage of their positions.

Advice to Management

There are a couple managers that have gotten to their positions for questionable reasons. There are some politics involved and its ridiculous. Some managers take advantage of the lack of HR's investigations into situations and bully their employees with no repercussions. I think upper management needs to start taking the general employee consensus into consideration instead of allowing it to continue.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2015-04-06