Lake Michigan Credit Union Mortgage Processor Reviews | Glassdoor

Lake Michigan Credit Union CEO Sandy Jelinski
Sandy Jelinski
  1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

LMCU is an amazing organization. I have been here for 9 years and see myself here for many more to come. The work environment is extremely pleasant, and we live and breathe our culture! #LMCUPRIDE

Cons

I can not think of one right now.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2018-12-18
  2. "Its fine"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Processor

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time

Pros

It's a fun environment to work in. The Pride and Wellness team always have fun things planned.

Cons

No ability to work from home. Empty promises from management.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-09-03

"Great Company, Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Processor

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Community involvement.

Cons

No opportunity for growth. The mortgage managers have each other’s backs even knowing they’re doing a poor job. They don’t trust any employee to do their job. Constant micro managing. Disrespectful comments are regular. Offering ideas for improvement are frowned upon and often disregarded as unintelligent, only because the leaders lack significant knowledge about processing loans. No ownership from the managers.... They continue to think they know everything even when confronted with solid proof they are wrong. Many do very little in a day but constantly hound their employees to do more and question why they didn’t get more done in a day. Terrible inconsistencies in underwriting. Many underwriters are too afraid to clear any approval conditions but think they are masters at their jobs. They’re behind the times in Underwriting, significantly. Their processes are ancient and lack any sophistication. They believe they are changing the way loans are done but only because the want to continue to impress the wealthy in a highly conservative area of the state of Michigan and Florida.

Advice to Management

Sandy, the CEO, is completely out of touch which what happens in the mortgage department. She thinks she hired a group of extremely talented leaders but actually hired severely unintelligent leaders who like to use their title to dictate how things are done. Especially when they know they are wrong or are not knowledgeable of any topic discussed.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-04-26

"Dead End"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy interacting with most of my coworkers. No micromanaging because your boss is never around. Job security because most people quit within 1-2 years.

Cons

Low wages, mediocre benefits, low employee morale, no potential for advancement unless you suck up to management, no performance incentives, no training programs, cramped workstations, awful parking, poor service for employees.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve. Show up for work once in a while. Combine all the corporate buildings. Get a better CEO.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2016-11-30
  5. "Good company with a great culture"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Flexible company thats trying to keep a small credit union culture.

Cons

Not great benefits and company lack training opportunities. They also have a habit of hiring externally instead of training/promoting internally.

Advice to Management

Promote current employees and reward them for their loyalty

Lake Michigan Credit Union2016-04-06