KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

A Team Focused Company

Apr 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is willing to help out when you need it. Very understanding when it comes to just everyday little things. Genuinely good people work at LMCU.

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company. You apply to jobs at corporate, have the experience and a degree, and just never hear back from them. Even when the job is still posted 2 months later.

Human Resources Generalist II

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for providing us with feedback to improve. We are sorry to hear about your experience with career advancement. Our team is continuously looking for ways to improve to internal recruitment process. If you have any feedback for our team on how to improve, please email employment@lmcu.org with your comments for us to review. We agree that the people at LMCU are what sets us apart and we certainly hope you see us as a long-term fit!

2. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Apr 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Locally and Nationally recognized as one of the best places to work and it is true. You will feel that and live it day one. Competitive pay, with a strong culture, established.

Cons

-High potential talent development/ programs not well implemented. Likely will have to wait your turn. (This is not to say career pathing is not strong)

Human Resources Generalist II

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for providing us with feedback to improve. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about the culture at LMCU and compensation. Our team is always open to hearing ways in which we can improve and we appreciate you bringing the idea forward for improved talent development processes. If you have any feedback you would like to share with our team, please email employment@lmcu.org with your comments for us to review. Thank you again for your time and for leaving us a review!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Apr 7, 2019 - Member Service Representative in Kalamazoo, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really care about the members and make sure that we are giving back as much as we can. The products are worth talking about and the internal culture is rewarding and welcoming.

Cons

Excpections are very high to multi-task and focus on many objectives in addition to role responsibility. It can feel like your job is never fully done and your list never gets accomplished. There’s always work to do. It can also be difficult to move up past an MSR role since there are limited positions per branch.

Human Resources Generalist II

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for providing us with feedback to improve. Culture, member-focus, and giving back to the community are all things LMCU strives to excel at and we are happy that you feel that same way! We appreciate your feedback surrounding the nature of our work and would like to hear any suggestions you may have on how we can improve going forward. If you have any feedback for our team, please email employment@lmcu.org with your comments for us to review. Thank you again for your time and for leaving us a review!

4. 3.0

Great Benefits, Great People to work with

Apr 15, 2019 - Underwriter in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful Benefits Awesome Colleagues Additional Paid Holidays Flexible with Time Off Safe & Clean Working Environment Room for growth Paid Volunteer Time Pet Insurance Great PRIDE Health Wellness Programs Potential Bonus depends on sales

Cons

Not fairly compensated compared to market, Management lacking in leadership skills, Company PRIDE events but not allowed to participate due workload, Favoritism by management, Extremely cliquey, Some Weekends, Limited Positive reinforcement mainly focus on negative, max annual pay increase is 2%

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Generalist II

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for providing us with feedback. We appreciate your feedback and would like to discuss further. Please email employment@lmcu.org for us to have a conversation regarding your feedback. Thank you again for you time.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Terrible Management

Apr 26, 2019 - Senior Mortgage Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Community involvement.

Cons

No opportunity for growth. The mortgage managers have each other’s backs even knowing they’re doing a poor job. They don’t trust any employee to do their job. Constant micro managing. Disrespectful comments are regular. Offering ideas for improvement are frowned upon and often disregarded as unintelligent, only because the leaders lack significant knowledge about processing loans. No ownership from the managers. They continue to think they know everything even when confronted with solid proof they are wrong. Many do very little in a day but constantly hound their employees to do more and question why they didn’t get more done in a day. Terrible inconsistencies in underwriting. Many underwriters are too afraid to clear any approval conditions but think they are masters at their jobs. They’re behind the times in Underwriting, significantly. Their processes are ancient and lack any sophistication. They believe they are changing the way loans are done but only because the want to continue to impress the wealthy in a highly conservative area of the state of Michigan and Florida.

4 people found this review helpful

6. 3.0

Member Service Rep

Apr 4, 2019 - Member Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and work culture.

Cons

Pay doesn't raise fairly for faithful employees

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun job, but stressful

Mar 6, 2019 - Teller I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Standing all day, expected to make customer experience memorable, but also need to be quick with transactions

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job to get into company

Jan 9, 2019 - Teller in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, advancement opportunities, bonuses for sales

Cons

Big emphysis on sales, can be hard to move to corporate

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Jan 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of great people work here - Fun work events 3-4 times a year - The company cares for its members - Growing company (but see my first con) - Often hires internally - 38 hour work week (usually) - Employees go above and beyond to help each other (but again see my first con)

Cons

- With all the growth, the company is not hiring back-office staff fast enough to ease the transition and employees are becoming overloaded. I don't believe Senior Management is truly aware of the workload their staff has. Staff are often doing tasks outside of their job duties to keep things afloat. You could easily add 2 employees to every department within IT and all would still have plenty of work. - Needs to give employees more incentive to stay *Pay is below average *No way to get a raise more than 3% a year outside a promotion, that I know of *Benefits aren't great *Takes 5 years before you earn more vacation days -The politics can be a bit ridiculous - The work environment from a design standpoint isn't terrible, but could really use some life outside the tan cubes, tan floors, etc. - The company just seems a bit stuck "in the old ways" still.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Best place to work

Dec 18, 2018 - Mortgage Processor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

LMCU is an amazing organization. I have been here for 9 years and see myself here for many more to come. The work environment is extremely pleasant, and we live and breathe our culture! #LMCUPRIDE

Cons

I can not think of one right now.

Viewing 61 - 70 of 151 Reviews