Lakeland Regional Health (FL) Emergency Department RN Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lakeland Regional Health (FL) Emergency Department RN Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2019

Lakeland Regional Health (FL) CEO Elaine Thompson (no image)
Elaine Thompson

"ER - RN Weekend Nights"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than a year

Pros

LRH is a unique environment. We have a 3-1 patient to rn ratio in the ER and a 3 hour goal. This 3 hour goal makes it nice because you can admit or discharge a patient within 3 hours, however that makes this a VERY fast paced ER. You are very autonomous as an RN because of our power plans that we can initiate if it gets busy and the doctor cannot see your patient right away. We don't need an order from a doctor to... start IVs, send off labs, or assist patients with oxygen needs. This ER is very very hooked up as far as resources. We have CT scan, radiology, lab, ultrasound, and nearly every specialty in house. We get results fast and can offer very high quality care to our patients. On weekend nights the ER staff is excellent. The doctors are very knowledgeable as well as RNs, techs, and all support staff. It is more like a family than a work place. Very great place to work.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive, however benefits are good. We are a non-profit so bonuses are based on our budget.

Advice to Management

Maybe the CEO's should take a look at their bonus and re-evaluate the fact that their staff is who support that hospital and should be properly thanked.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2016-06-29

"Change in the ED"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

High volume and great opportunity to learn new skills and advance provided you have the self motivation.

Cons

A change form more employee and patient centered to time line and bottom line.

Advice to Management

Retention rate would go up if employees were more appreciated and compensated more competitive way.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2019-04-14

"New management is worthless now"

Former Employee - Emergency Department RN

I worked at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible that is about it

Cons

New management was horrible, looking good to superiors became more important than taking care of employees and patients.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2017-03-11