Lakeland Regional Health (FL) "health insurance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lakeland Regional Health (FL) Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated Nov 19, 2019

2.9
Lakeland Regional Health (FL) President & CEO Elaine Thompson (no image)
Elaine Thompson
Cons

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "One of the best companies in Lakeland to work for."

Current Employee - Environmental Services Aid in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shift differential for evening and night shift. Culture of caring. Generous Earned Time Off. A lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Health insurance is very expensive. There are so many people applying for advancement opportunities its hard to get them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2014-01-04

"untrustworty"

Former Employee - Mental Health Screener

I worked at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

amazing coworkers, ability to help people

Cons

WORST health insurance plan nothing is covered even if you jump through hoops, its cheaper to pay cash as an uninsured person than on their plan. Management lies, your job is never secure if in you have rave reviews in your file

Advice to Management

drug test employees more often

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2019-11-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Rn"

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL)

Pros

Nice building. That's about it.

Cons

Horrible place to work. Not about patient care, all about management. Too many demands on rn. Half the nurses here want to leave. Management has constant threats to job security of rn. Clock out by 7:30 or you're fired. Small bonus, tiny raises, expensive health insurance.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2016-02-27

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people work here (but most are looking to leave secretly).

Cons

The interview process was easy and I accepted the job. I left a publicly traded HIT company, which I loved, to learn a new set of skills at LRH. The recruiter (LRH employee) called me late at night and went over the 'unofficial' offer. I said that it sounded good but wanted to see everything in writing before I started negotiating. The recruiter submitted my offer to leadership before I received anything official in writing. Seriously. When I asked about negotiating he told me that it would be received poorly by management and scared me away from it. This was the first red flag. For now, I accepted that I made a mistake and learned to be blunt when negotiating job offers. On the first day, I learned that my health insurance and the 403b retirement were not as described; it was worse. At this point I couldn't turn back and started work on my team. On the third day as I was beginning a weekly meeting one of the locals IT guys asked me in front of a group of co-workers "what are your religious and political views?" I should have said Southern Baptist and Republican but I tried to divert the question instead. Some of the analyst were AWESOME and career long relationships were formed. I have offers to use them as references. Aside from the teamwork analyst, there are others - it's safe to say the majority are like this- that do the ol' classic throw you under the bus when it make them look better when the offer presents itself. I came from a culture that encouraged teamwork and knowledge transfer was encouraged- it's not like that here, unfortunately. They have very high turnover and it's for a reason. It seems like my story is not unique and for the most part. For my position, the 2 prior folks left within a few months. I think that LRH tries to rope in analyst and IT folks from far away with promising stories and when you move your family to Lakeland you are basically stuck. The other strategy is to steal employees from Publix and turn them into HIT analysts. After a few months I can say that I'm looking elsewhere for work and I'm getting a lot of positive feedback. Great learning experience, but bad overall. I am very excited to have an opportunity to leave.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2015-10-02

"Don't apply here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Lakeland Regional Health (FL) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

One of the largest employers in town

Cons

Poorly treated Expensive health insurance, only valid at their hospital If you don't have a degree you are told that you are worthless, and unpromotable. Your co-worker with the same titie with a degree and no experience will make $20,000 more a year than you do and do absolutely no work for it. If you have more than 30yrs seniority look out, you will be let go to make way for more Vice Presidents. They need the $ for the big shots so they "let go" the peons. Hit the road Jack.

Advice to Management

Current management wouldn't take advice if it hit them on the head from above.

Lakeland Regional Health (FL)2015-06-27