Lakeshore Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2018

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"One of a kind- cares about its people!"

Former Employee - Support Staff
    Former Employee - Support Staff

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compsssionate and caring
    Great growth opportunities
    Inspiring Leadership
    Great place for women to work

Cons

None to speak of!

"Happy to be a part of a growing Team!"

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

Growth, process improvement, Leadership listens to feedback.

Cons

working through process improvements can be a challenge but i have always been one who takes on a challenge to improve the company.

"Have to have a strong backbone to work for this company"

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

A handful of great coworkers, and alot of wonderful residents that make the job worth it in the end

Cons

Upper management are Bullies, they do not know what the word kindness means. The belittle and act like they are better than you. Never admit they are wrong and like to talk down to you. But when they need you, wow how they change for that minute.

Advice to Management

You all need to realize that if it was not for every single resident you take money from there would be NO LAKESHORE business. Learn the words respect, kindness and integrity and follow them

4. "The ugly truth of Lakeshore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Only should be used as temporary employment while looking for a better company.

Cons

Everything, compensation, benefits, work life balance and company culture.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't listen to its employees so my advice is to the prospective employee.

Are you reading the reviews and are confused? I mean they are either 5 stars or 1 and you cant figure out the disparity. Allow me to illuminate but you'll have to endure a short story.

Every year the company fly ppl out for an annual retreat where the owner and upper management tell the staff what wonderful things they've accomplished, hand out high school like awards with no value and then use the employees for slave labor to refurbish homes in what they call a "company building exercise".

This year the employees were treated to an interesting revelation. The owner was addressing the fact that his companys poor rating across all the job sites despite upper managements efforts to solicit employees to write in positive reviews to offset the negative ones. It was implied that they offered rewards for the willing employees who posted glowing reviews of the company.

That right there is all you need to know about the culture of this company. They know they have a terrible company work environment /culture but instead of addressing and correcting that they would rather spent the effort engaging in dishonest tactics to cover their deeds. Lipstick on a pig.

The owner also went on to lament that because the above tactic wasn't producing the desired result of boosting the company image hes had to hire a PR firm to help clean up the company and they plan to roll out the new improved company culture sometime in the near future.

You know the old adage, tomorrow never comes and truthfully they have said this before. Upper management likes things just the way they are and has no interest in changing how they operate.

So there you have it. A company who likes to work in subterfuge.

If you decide to work for this company I suggest using it only as a bridge to your next employer. Also the company has a history of hiring replacements and firing employees if they find out the employee is searching for another employer, so make sure you do it on the down low.

"Accounting"

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None come to mind at this time.

Cons

Poor management , unprofessional, unappreciated in my department and the whole department is treated the same. Can’t even get a real desk!

Advice to Management

Start treating all your departments with the same respect.

"Despicable , Unprofessional, Micromanagement Despot Slumlords"

Pros

ABSOLUTELY NOT A ONE EVER !!!!!!!!

Cons

Lakeshore is the most unprofessional company I and others have ever worked for. Employees are micromanaged and made to feel like prisoners in their jobs even when they perform to the fullest. There is very little training and if certain upper management doesn't like you, you are doomed for failure. The management rules not by example but by the rod and if you make a mistake you are beaten into mental submission. There is no fairness to the residents who are now being bullied into paying kickbacks to certain bully managers to be able to live in their community. Some communities have homeowners moving because the managers are horrid. They are treated like prisoners where they live. Upper management could care less about your home life, personal losses or illness and feel like they can replace anyone at anytime even though you do a great job and help build up communities that have floundered in the past. It is never enough!!!!!!
    If you are looking for employment overlook this company or you will be sorry you hired on. And if you do work for them you can be guaranteed you will never receive commissions or unemployment after you are gone because they think they have the right to take what you have earned. Sad.

Advice to Management

The owner should get new upper management and maybe his company would not unravel or implode.

"Don't believe the hype."

Former Employee - Former Cmmunity Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Former Cmmunity Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Lakeshore for 18 months and I got to say I enjoyed every minute. The team is awesome and the upper management is caring and are great at what they do. I never felt aside or alone. Everyone is one phone call away. You are empowered and motivated to succeed in your position. DM and ADM are great leaders. I learned so much and exceeded in my role. Thank you Lakeshore.

Cons

None at all. Nada, zip. Nothing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Lakeshore. You are a great company.

8. "Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are no pros here

Cons

Absence of having humans working for the company. Unrealistic goals and the worst training ever which is a direct result of failure. Company has zero care for the residents they serve so if you are a real manager and have trained to be customer service orientated, have a heart then this is not for you. You must learn to do for yourself even though you may hear the word team work and laugh. They just need a good leader and the company could be good but until this happens they will continue down this road. You can only purchase so many properties but if you do not have a good leadership staff that cares about employee's you will eventually fail. This is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Replace the one person dragging your company down immediately. That is a start then there are a couple others. Sometimes you have to re organize a company to succeed and this is a must for this company because it will soon fail. You can only re hire so many people with the same obvious results.

"Puppet"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent working conditions, quiet before the storm

Cons

Even though you're alone in your office and everything appears quiet and peaceful, you are being micromanaged in every way. They give you the title of PM but you are basically a puppet and send all reports and data to one guy who makes ALL the decisions. They should change the name of the position to Property Coordinator and not Property Manager, this would also better represent the low pay for the position as PM's make 40k plus a year base.

Advice to Management

Change the name of the position from Manager (one who makes decisions) to Coordinator

10. "Stay far far away"

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Management is dismissive, assigns projects and then won't sit down for results. Quick to point out negatives, never any praise. Terrible pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well - by action not just words. Look at your benefit package. The owner and management have different benefits than the workhorses.

Lakeshore Management Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking care of... More