Lakeshore Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of a kind- cares about its people!"

Former Employee - Support Staff
    Former Employee - Support Staff

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compsssionate and caring
    Great growth opportunities
    Inspiring Leadership
    Great place for women to work

Cons

None to speak of!

2. "Accounting"

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None come to mind at this time.

Cons

Poor management , unprofessional, unappreciated in my department and the whole department is treated the same. Can’t even get a real desk!

Advice to Management

Start treating all your departments with the same respect.

"Despicable , Unprofessional, Micromanagement Despot Slumlords"

Pros

ABSOLUTELY NOT A ONE EVER !!!!!!!!

Cons

Lakeshore is the most unprofessional company I and others have ever worked for. Employees are micromanaged and made to feel like prisoners in their jobs even when they perform to the fullest. There is very little training and if certain upper management doesn't like you, you are doomed for failure. The management rules not by example but by the rod and if you make a mistake you are beaten into mental submission. There is no fairness to the residents who are now being bullied into paying kickbacks to certain bully managers to be able to live in their community. Some communities have homeowners moving because the managers are horrid. They are treated like prisoners where they live. Upper management could care less about your home life, personal losses or illness and feel like they can replace anyone at anytime even though you do a great job and help build up communities that have floundered in the past. It is never enough!!!!!!
    If you are looking for employment overlook this company or you will be sorry you hired on. And if you do work for them you can be guaranteed you will never receive commissions or unemployment after you are gone because they think they have the right to take what you have earned. Sad.

Advice to Management

The owner should get new upper management and maybe his company would not unravel or implode.

"Don't believe the hype."

Former Employee - Former Cmmunity Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Former Cmmunity Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Lakeshore for 18 months and I got to say I enjoyed every minute. The team is awesome and the upper management is caring and are great at what they do. I never felt aside or alone. Everyone is one phone call away. You are empowered and motivated to succeed in your position. DM and ADM are great leaders. I learned so much and exceeded in my role. Thank you Lakeshore.

Cons

None at all. Nada, zip. Nothing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Lakeshore. You are a great company.

5. "Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are no pros here

Cons

Absence of having humans working for the company. Unrealistic goals and the worst training ever which is a direct result of failure. Company has zero care for the residents they serve so if you are a real manager and have trained to be customer service orientated, have a heart then this is not for you. You must learn to do for yourself even though you may hear the word team work and laugh. They just need a good leader and the company could be good but until this happens they will continue down this road. You can only purchase so many properties but if you do not have a good leadership staff that cares about employee's you will eventually fail. This is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Replace the one person dragging your company down immediately. That is a start then there are a couple others. Sometimes you have to re organize a company to succeed and this is a must for this company because it will soon fail. You can only re hire so many people with the same obvious results.

"Puppet"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent working conditions, quiet before the storm

Cons

Even though you're alone in your office and everything appears quiet and peaceful, you are being micromanaged in every way. They give you the title of PM but you are basically a puppet and send all reports and data to one guy who makes ALL the decisions. They should change the name of the position to Property Coordinator and not Property Manager, this would also better represent the low pay for the position as PM's make 40k plus a year base.

Advice to Management

Change the name of the position from Manager (one who makes decisions) to Coordinator

7. "Stay far far away"

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Management is dismissive, assigns projects and then won't sit down for results. Quick to point out negatives, never any praise. Terrible pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well - by action not just words. Look at your benefit package. The owner and management have different benefits than the workhorses.

Lakeshore Management Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking care of... More

"Not just another number"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

I am a current employee of Lakeshore Management operating a property in Las Vegas NV. I am also a past employee. I started with at Lakeshore Management in 2009. I left for a few years only to find myself wanting to come back. I worked for two very large property management companies while I was gone from Lakeshore. What I did learn is that Lakeshore empowers their people to own the business, meaning they give the on site managers access to financials relevant to the daily operations of the property. In return they hold us accountable for the way the property performs financially as well as the appearance of the property. Upper Management has an "Open door policy" that is a true policy, as an employee we have access from everyone from our Direct Supervisor, to the Director of Operations and The Owner as well, who is very hands on and active in the operations of his company hosting an Annual Conference where they bring the whole company together to learn and get a chance to meet their co-workers in other states. These conferences are held in 4 and 5 star accommodation's costing the employees nothing out of pocket. I have seen several negative reviews from past and surprisingly current employees. My response to that would be - This is not a company for lazy people or people that are just wanting to collect a paycheck. Upper management holds its team "Accountable" for the performance of their properties, rewarding us with Quarterly Bonuses as well as commissions on sales and rentals of homes. Our owner also matches up to 3% of your pay that you can set aside in a 401K account, it is almost unheard of in todays world for a company this size to match your contribution. Medical Dental and Life are also available after a short probationary period. The expectations are made clear during not only the interview process but the on boarding process and training modules. They have camera's in the property offices to keep the employees and residents "Safe" not to "Spy" on the employees. People that hold that mentality must clearly have something to hide. It is my intention to retire here at Lakeshore.

Cons

I have no cons to speak of

Advice to Management

Hold team interviews for prospects

"Community Manager"

Former Employee - Community Manager in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in South Florida, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is not a single one to be listed here.

Cons

The upper management of this company will lie to you from the minute they meet you at your interview. The turn-over rate for employees is higher than I have e er seen for a reason. The upper management is verbally abusive, and incredibly demanding. They have no qualms about telling you to do things that are illegal, as long as it suits their needs. They even sent out a company wide email asking for volunteers to write good reviews here, but not until they check and edit them! My advice, run far and run fast. This was the most miserable year and a half of my life.

"beware if they buy your company"

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

none whatsoever......found management to be abrupt and dissmissive

Cons

Think they are experts in the mobile home business and proceed without valuable imput from others with more experience

Advice to Management

when you purchase a park, letting all former employees go the minute papers signed, is not in line with company philosophy..

Lakeshore Management Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We are so sorry that you found management abrupt and dismissive...We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.