Lakeshore Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Not just another number"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

I am a current employee of Lakeshore Management operating a property in Las Vegas NV. I am also a past employee. I started with at Lakeshore Management in 2009. I left for a few years only to find myself wanting to come back. I worked for two very large property management companies while I was gone from Lakeshore. What I did learn is that Lakeshore empowers their people to own the business, meaning they give the on site managers access to financials relevant to the daily operations of the property. In return they hold us accountable for the way the property performs financially as well as the appearance of the property. Upper Management has an "Open door policy" that is a true policy, as an employee we have access from everyone from our Direct Supervisor, to the Director of Operations and The Owner as well, who is very hands on and active in the operations of his company hosting an Annual Conference where they bring the whole company together to learn and get a chance to meet their co-workers in other states. These conferences are held in 4 and 5 star accommodation's costing the employees nothing out of pocket. I have seen several negative reviews from past and surprisingly current employees. My response to that would be - This is not a company for lazy people or people that are just wanting to collect a paycheck. Upper management holds its team "Accountable" for the performance of their properties, rewarding us with Quarterly Bonuses as well as commissions on sales and rentals of homes. Our owner also matches up to 3% of your pay that you can set aside in a 401K account, it is almost unheard of in todays world for a company this size to match your contribution. Medical Dental and Life are also available after a short probationary period. The expectations are made clear during not only the interview process but the on boarding process and training modules. They have camera's in the property offices to keep the employees and residents "Safe" not to "Spy" on the employees. People that hold that mentality must clearly have something to hide. It is my intention to retire here at Lakeshore.

Cons

I have no cons to speak of

Advice to Management

Hold team interviews for prospects

2. "Team awesome."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, great company. Supportive. Theres is mothing bad that i can say about this company. I love all my co workers some more than others. I have never felt alone in any decision. Support comes from all areas and staff. Theres always someone to learn from, talk to and over all encourage you.

Cons

No cons. Nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Team lakeshore. Team awesome.

3. "Stay far far away"

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Management is dismissive, assigns projects and then won't sit down for results. Quick to point out negatives, never any praise. Terrible pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well - by action not just words. Look at your benefit package. The owner and management have different benefits than the workhorses.

Lakeshore Management Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking care of... More

"Community Manager"

Former Employee - Community Manager in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in South Florida, FL

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is not a single one to be listed here.

Cons

The upper management of this company will lie to you from the minute they meet you at your interview. The turn-over rate for employees is higher than I have e er seen for a reason. The upper management is verbally abusive, and incredibly demanding. They have no qualms about telling you to do things that are illegal, as long as it suits their needs. They even sent out a company wide email asking for volunteers to write good reviews here, but not until they check and edit them! My advice, run far and run fast. This was the most miserable year and a half of my life.

"beware if they buy your company"

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

none whatsoever......found management to be abrupt and dissmissive

Cons

Think they are experts in the mobile home business and proceed without valuable imput from others with more experience

Advice to Management

when you purchase a park, letting all former employees go the minute papers signed, is not in line with company philosophy..

Lakeshore Management Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We are so sorry that you found management abrupt and dismissive...We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.

"Collection Manager"

Current Employee - Collection Manager in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Collection Manager in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are a pleasure to work with, always meeting new people, always learning something new in the field.

Cons

Upper management is horrible to work with. No structure in the company. No recognition on what you do for the company. Down talk is a constant issue from senior director. Benefits are horrible. Pay is horrible.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with a purpose, acknowledge the good and hard people that work for you. A thank you goes a long way. Do not assume but find out the actual facts. Take care of your employees as they will take care of you.

"Undermanaged, chaotic, corrosive culture"

I worked at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

Some nice people working for them.

Cons

So micromanaged, you spend all of your time doing archaic reports (and asked to duplicate them with different departments) that you don't have time to do your job. They expect you to work 60+ hours per week, are distrustful and completely dysfunctional. Salaries are much lower than competitors. They only pay for 50% of insurance for the employee, leaving you to pay 100% of benefits for your family members. Costs too much. It used to be a better company years ago, but grew too quickly and have incompetent managers who truly have no idea what they are doing. Very high turnover due to poor treatment of employees.

Advice to Management

Slow down Think strategically instead of running around like chickens with your heads cut off. Treat employees with respect and stop micromanaging.

"Dynamic with Amazing Growth and Leadership!!"

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group full-time

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for! It is in high growth mode, and the environment is very dynamic and moving. If you don't like to work, or be an agent of progress and growth, Lakeshore Management is not for you. There is nothing static about the vision and growth of Lakeshore Management, and the leadership driving the business are people of strong character with extreme passion for what they do for the residents of Lakeshore, as well as the employees of Lakeshore. I have seen nothing short of high expectations for ensuring that all employees are coached and trained from day one, and there is always an open door policy to ask for help.

Cons

There are no real cons. What previous reviews twist and distort into cons are merely the normal growth pains all growing companies go through. Again, Lakeshore is not for the timid or lazy employee, and there has to be the right fit between employee and company. We work hard when it's time to get things done, and then relax when the job is done. This is no different than other companies who strive for success in their business.

Advice to Management

Keep pressing forward! We got your back!

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Every day is different, not stuck in an office all day and making your own schedule to meet the community and company needs. Must be a self-starter in a fast pace environment. Multi-tasking is a major plus. Free housing with competitive salary.

Cons

Not having weekends off, and no vacation or time off on first/last Saturday of every month.

Advice to Management

rotate weekends and holidays with CM

10. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Lakeshore Management Group (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company over a year and they have a good benefits and they really care about their employees. They are wiling to train their employees as needed. I am very happy with the company.

Cons

There is nothing negative that I can say about Lakeshore.