Lakeshore Staffing Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

John Paller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Administrative Assistant/Receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Wonderful staffing firm and they are always trying to find way to keep you employed. But sometimes having positions to fill are limited

Cons

sometimes might be out of work until another company needs worker It may last for weeks or it may last for months

Advice to Management

Look for a professional individual to fill the position, but also give someone a chance who is very motivated and willing to move up in the company

2. "Helped with contract work between permenant positions"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Seemed to work hard and care about finding you a position.

Cons

Would have like the pay rates to be higher. Under the industry standard at the time.

3. "HR Coordinator and Recruiter"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator and Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator and Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lakeshore Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company who wants nothing but the best for their candidates.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Lakehsore.

Advice to Management

Keep being great

4. "They listened to what I wanted and then delivered."

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very personalized service and the staff really seemed like they cared about what I wanted.

Cons

Not a conventional job / contract work

Advice to Management

I truly wish it would have worked out to / lead to a full-time, permanent position.

"It has been a good experience"

Current Employee - Temporary in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temporary in Chicago, IL

Pros

The best reason I could describe about working at lakeshore is that he temp assignments so far have been long term

Cons

one of the not so pleasant aspects is not being informed as to how the employer feels about the temps job performance on a consistant basis

Advice to Management

I would recommend this company to others becase the assignments are long term as well as having a good hourly wage

6. "Very Temporary"

Current Employee - Customer Service/Call Center Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Call Center Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Bad news is delivered dipped in warm maple syrup and ice cream. My branch captain does listen when you ask questions and ask for consideration, even though the answer is almost consistently negative/

Cons

If a client flunks you out of one assignment, (I worked one where everyone I met,was a contractor, even my supervisors and floor manager) you definitely will not be offered another assignment with any meat on the bones. This is the warning to the new or prospective "contract 'employee'": you'd better be really good, or else your "career" with the company will go nowhere. A year after being dumped by one of Lakeshore's clients I have not been offered more than two menial one-day assignments doing inventory work with a supermarket, and an eight dollar an hour retail warehouse temp position where you're told to throw your coat on the floor when you come in because they're too cheap to install coat racks.. If you blow your one chance or simply aren''t judged "good enough" by the client, you;ll endure the humiliation of having to call every week to check for more work you're not going to get just to qualify for unemployment. And if they catch you skipping calling in for being discouraged by no results, get ready to have to appeal!

Don't bother applying for a "contractor" position. Wait for a "real" employer to offer you a job that involves some commitment and confidence on their part.

Advice to Management

Please, if you don't think an employee is worth giving another assignment, be honest and say so and "fire" them so they can seek meaningful work opportunities somewhere else without having to call in to a place where the agency has already decided you aren't worth a hoot.

"Please release me, let me go."

7. "Review of Lakeshore Staffing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Very professional staff, quick response time, available job information readily accessible, direct deposit available, interview/ hire process is very rapid

Cons

Many of their jobs are temporary assignments, therefore this agency is great for making quick money to supplement your income or a period of unemployment, however, it is not the best option when searching for a career.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Lakeshore, more than just a job it's a second home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible, team oriented, and supportive environment

Cons

I wouldn't say there was a downside to working for Lakeshore but working in the Staffing industry can be stressful, especially in times of recession.

Advice to Management

Technology keeps changing...change with it to stay ahead of the competition.