Lakeview Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Zachary Zeitlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Corporate Trainer"

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere within the company and its employees was amazing. Very relatable and supportive group of people to work with and constantly

Cons

The pay in the beginning was not very good but once you learn the basics and put in the time you should do great

Advice to Management

Be more direct about what the job is during the interview process and consider paying employees who are hired for their interview shadowing.

2. "I love working here"

I have been working at Lakeview Consultants full-time

Pros

Quick growth and great working environment

Cons

We are not only co workers, we are family

3. "Account Executive"

Pros

Direct Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Strong Culture

Cons

Long Hours, Lack of Transparency

Advice to Management

Let new employees understand what is expected of them. It is difficult to have faith in management when you are blindsided by the employees' responsibilities.

4. "My experience has been super pleasant. I enjoy my time there"

Pros

Exciting atmosphere, awesome people work there. Doesn't feel like actual work. Happy to be there. A lot of fun and enjoy my time.

Cons

If you are a hard working individual then there is none but if you're not dedicated then don't waste people's time

Advice to Management

Stay awesome and just the way you are. Management team is super caring and sets you up for success

5. "Great Company to Work For"

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time

Pros

Small company with friendly staff.

Cons

None really. Got a lot of work done.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "Work hard, play hard, work harder"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a company that offers a lot of room for advancement very quickly if willingly to put in the hours. Also, very tight knit team and coworkers become good friends

Cons

Long hours can be hard, first couple weeks of training were stressful but worth it

7. "not worth it an less you financially stable"

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training you get there is pretty great for all type of business field.

Cons

if your not financially stable as in have a good amount of money in your bank this job is definitely not for you.

Advice to Management

Have a base salary

"Not worth the time or money to be employed here."

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trained in basic sales, and trained in how to handle various types of objections. Not much else positive about the position.

See below for detailed review

Cons

Oh boy, where to begin...I will give an account from the interview process to the job itself.

After applying, I was promptly contacted to come in for an initial interview with the words "our hiring manager had a chance to view your resume and was very impressed". A robotic response at best as it turns out every potential candidate was greeted the same way, regardless of what qualifications they may have had coming into the interview offer. Dress was business professional. I decided to take the 2nd interview when contacted again. Again, business professional, so I showed up and was introduced to the person who would be conducting the 2nd interview. Long story short, I was taken to see a typical day at the job itself: a door-to-door job through sections of Brooklyn, usually impoverished sections. You are told to keep quiet and not to interact with any “clients” you meet with. You are also told to keep pay-related questions to yourself until lunch break. During lunch you will be shown a little presentation that breaks down POTENTIAL earnings. At this point, most sensible people will see this job for what it is and find a far better workplace unless they are really desperate for work like many newer employees I met during my time there.

For your first week you are trained in the pitch and overturning objections. As soon as you make a sale in your own agent code, you are sent solo regardless of how confident you are. Promotion is determined by being able to consistently sell and knowing sales principles. Solid talk of pay is usually skirted and deflected, and negativity at all is treated as taboo. You are filled in about growth "opportunity" and "team" night/ throwdown Thursday. Every Thursday the employees challenge each other to throwdowns: sales challenges between two or more people where the loser will have to do something generally mildly embarrassing (hit on someone at the var later that night), physical (push-ups), or even mildly sadistic (having lime juice squeezed into the losers eye). Losses of these challenges are enforced regardless of what it is. Later that evening, you are mandated to go out with everyone to a local bar for a “fun” night to help get to know each other. They claim it is optional, but it really isn't. If you decide not to go or can't for whatever reason, you will have everyone including management nearly harassing you to know why you cannot attend like it's a sacred ritual you have disrupted. The other thing they don't tell you is that if you are a trainer you will not be given any candidates to interview the following week, regardless of performance, if you do not come to this “optional” event. It’s bad enough the office environment feels painfully forced to be jovial, and after talking to people, you are left with the impression trainers think they are better than the next trainer for whatever reason they may cite.

The little you are initially told about pay is that you will receive a measly base of $150 a week until you start really “earning” more than your base, AKA being lucky enough to not only have someone open their door for you but to entice them into signing up for Verizon services with you. Although your sales are tracked with your trainer, you are not openly told if you are off of your already unlivable base pay, leaving some to find out the hard way with checks sometimes under $50 for a weeks worth of walking around knocking on doors in any weather condition. They also conveniently don’t mention clawbacks on sales you do(unless you ask): any sales you make are not solid for a month after they have been made, meaning the customer has 1 month to cancel the service, and YOU will have to pay that money back by way of your paycheck being docked, or if the same pay cycle, not receiving the money at all. I was told that it was possible to have a paycheck where you owe money.

Days are broken down into roughly 2 hours of office time, roughly 2 hours of travel time, and 6 hours of walking and knocking where you are expected to see a certain number of people for a given number of doors. Failure to do so raises questions as if you have the ability to force people to answer their doors and buy from you. You are told work time is from 12-8, but that is very inaccurate. Depending on the day and your performance you will be told to knock on doors until 9, which can bring your arrival time back to the office to 10pm depending on how far into Brooklyn you were and train wait times and how long it takes to “break down days” once back at the office. This is not including your travel time to and from the office from home, so realistically you are looking at 10-12 hour days, factoring travel. Team nights, if you don’t leave early, expect to get home past midnight or even 1 AM or later. If you are a trainer, you have to be there for a 6th day, AND be in at 11. With all this, your work week can be up to 60-70 hours a week. Pair that with the aforementioned abysmal pay. This is a job for people who are either already sustained, or are living relatively rent-free. Nothing is reimbursed for you. You pay out of pocket for your metrocards and food, and if you are late to the office for the day, as a trainee still on base, you lose your base for the day. I’m not sure if regular employees and trainers forfeit the days sales or not. Think about those costs relative to the pay. If you made little or no money that week for whatever reason, you are in the red. You may as well have paid for the opportunity to work at Lakeview.

In conclusion, and TL:DR: Do NOT apply here unless you have time and money to waste or are a very smooth talker and irresistibly charismatic. I hope my review helps some of you make the right choice to avoid this business.

Advice to Management

Have a base salary considering these employees are directly responsible for the money YOU make.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Lakeview Consultants full-time

Pros

The people seem very nice
    There is a dog in the office
    Plan to help you move up quickly

Cons

The salary is $3 an hour
    The job is going door to door trying to get people to switch to Verizon
    You pay for your own transportation
    Hours 12-9 allow for no social life

Advice to Management

Pay entry level people more

"Sales job not meant for everyone"

I worked at Lakeview Consultants part-time

Pros

You will succeed in this company as long as you are an outgoing person who does not mind knocking on random people's door asking them to buy Verizon.

Cons

The job description is very misleading. When I went to the interview I realized it is a door to door sales job. I still kept an open mind and accepted the invitation for the second interview. But they never told I would be in the field with the interviewer the whole day and I was not prepared to be standing on my feet all day. They also sell Verizon to people in the NYC Projects and you never know who you will be facing. Some of these places are very dangerous. The work-time is horrible. They say you only have to work from 12pm to 8pm. IT IS A LIE. You do not make it to the office before 9. Again perfect for people who do not mind going door to door.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the candidates.