Lakeway Resort Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Lifeguard
    Former Employee - Lifeguard

Pros

Clean, good people, good environment

Cons

Nothing bad to say what so ever

2. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Front Desk Night Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Night Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Lakeway Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was well above average for the industry. Co-workers were great.

Cons

Senior management was not pro-active. Decisions were left to subordinates; however, there was no backup support which created a situation of "responsibility without authority." Rooms were outdated. Entire property needed a facelift.

Advice to Management

I believe the property has since been sold and all senior management were let go.

3. "Summer Waitress"

Former Employee - Waitress in Lakeway, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Lakeway, TX

I worked at Lakeway Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make a good amount of money because customers are generally affluent
    Fun, relaxed management, employees; easy to make friends in the restaurant

Cons

When I worked here management was a mess. Top managers of the restaurant were in over their heads due to poor management from other positions. High turnover rate, so I worked with a strict manager who was unnecessarily rude about little mistakes, and several months later worked with a manager who rarely cared how we acted, even joining in on inappropriate flirting with customers and minors.

Advice to Management

Start from the top and work your way down to fix these issues. It's no one positions fault, but there are massive problems that need to be addressed.

"Great place to work!"

Current Contractor - LMT in Lakeway, TX
    Current Contractor - LMT in Lakeway, TX

I have been working at Lakeway Resort as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful view, good people to work with, free cafeteria, all supplies supplied, get to learn new things all the time. The manager is very upbeat and innovative. Payscale is 30%. Small scale only 6 rooms.

Cons

Not as busy as bigger places, would like to be an employee instead of a contractor.

"Helpful for an internship."

I worked at Lakeway Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It allowed me to fullfill my internship requirements. I was able to work on all sides of the hotel because of it being understaffed. I was thrown into the fire and not trained properly but it helped me show how self sufficient I could be.

Cons

Never was trained properly. Understaffed. Pay was not great for amount of work.

Advice to Management

Fix your turnover rate by hiring more people to fit the schedule. Need to be more agressive with sales. Change your tactics to get people so far out.

"Great management, it's going places! But not yet."

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent

Pros

Beautiful work environment and busy Summer's ensure that your job will not be monotonous. Opportunity for growth if you show you care and want the best for the guests is definitely possible.
    Wonderful and caring management at front desk, spa, housekeeping, and accounting depts.
    new general manager has a lot on his plate, but stays level headed and is great at his job.

Cons

The pay is on par with some of the neighboring resorts, however, it is definitely not "competitive." For the drive, cost of living in the area and the amount of responsibility that comes with the positions the pay is severely lacking. If the roles were simple and clear and turnover not so extreme the pay would definitely be sufficient for entry level positions.
    Communication between departments needs improvement and trainings that help the staff understand what the depts are responsible for and what they need from other depts is needed.

Advice to Management

Your vetted employees are losing interest and looking elsewhere because they are tired of paling water out of a sinking ship instead of fixing the leaks. Show them you remember that they have been a large part of the growth that is happening with a raise for their time employed. If someone has been with the company more than 2 years and is still only making $1.00 an hour more with no promotion and they do their job well help them grow to a new role, or if they are indispensable pay them an actual competitive wage. We all love the management at the resort, but the Remington company that owns it is not going to make money from this resort if they do not look after the employees. The resort environment needs to be seamless and everyone is an asset whether it is restaurant, housekeeping, front desk, or spa.

"The Resort is dying"

Former Employee - SPA Concierge
    Former Employee - SPA Concierge

I worked at Lakeway Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Spa, and it was amazing. But it was only amazing because of the managers (Cassie and Caroline) and my fellow coworkers. It had great energy and was a fun place to work.

Cons

The resort itself is dying. Upper level management is awful, and the budget is constantly getting cut. Severely understaffed, so my managers were constantly having to leave to attend to other stations that they shouldn't have had to deal with. At the spa, we had to run around and take care of the pool and the "kid zone", because there's not enough people to do it. The restaurant is where the understaffing is the worst.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, get better customer service. Budget cuts are one thing, but we were understaffed before that started happening.

"Review"

I worked at Lakeway Resort part-time

Pros

The hotel facilities are great and the location is beautiful, so it is nice to work at a beautiful place every day. Nice employees, good benefits.

Cons

Just went through management change, so the hotel is understaffed, which increases the workload for everyone. Management issues due to transition.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, that is the main thing. Open the gift shop as soon as possible, improve the restaurant, open the bar in the lobby.

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook

I have been working at Lakeway Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay is good for a food service job

Cons

the management changes quite a lot and you never know who is going to be managing you.

10. "server"

Pros

met exciting people. customers were very interesting.

Cons

training was too short. did not know what was going on half the time

Advice to Management

install a better training program. it was too quick and didn't give me all the help i needed.