Lam Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 57 reviews)

• Work long hours, work life balance (in 31 reviews)

1. "Great company!!"

Current Employee - Production Test Technician in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Production Test Technician in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Lam Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Night shift differential. Open communication. 3 on 4 off, 4 on 3 off. Great pay. OT is available often. Discounted stocks.

Cons

12.5 hours are long as it is, but it's even longer when there isn't any work. Repetitive.

Advice to Management

A lot of the yellow badges (temps) are smart and hard workers, give them the blue badge (RFT) they deserve.

2. "IT Mobility Intern"

Pros

Amazing workplace where growth opportunities are ample Amazing intern progam helping to learn how to grow in your career

Cons

Outsourcing the development work is increasing

"Good place to work when the industry is doing well"

I have been working at Lam Research full-time

Pros

Wide variety of projects will allow you to gain experiences in many areas.

Cons

Large corporation that is suffering from office politics and long time employees that should have retired years ago.

4. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Lam Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and open communication

Cons

High Pressure with lot of long hours

Advice to Management

Hire more people

5. "Intern"

Pros

Good pay, good management, intern travel to meet CEO

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

"Dc"

I have been working at Lam Research full-time

Pros

Great company, Co workers, compensation

Cons

Possibly dangerous and exposure to chemicals

Lam Research Response

Oct 24, 2017 – Lam Research

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you are finding Lam a great place to work. We value the contributions of our employees to the success of... More

7. "Employee"

Pros

The company holds fun outings and picnics, pay is in line with the industry standard, they have stumptown coffee in the espresso machine.

Cons

Company has a high turnover rate, lots of temps, management seems to favoritism to certain employees, still has a small company mindset and are expanding faster than they can handle.

Advice to Management

Don't play favoritism and reward the ones who are the most capable at their jobs.

8. "Great culture, an exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - IT Director in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - IT Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Lam Research (More than 10 years)

Pros

compensation, company culture, people you work with, challenging assignments

Cons

Keeping work life balance can be challenging when you work at a company that's doubling its revenue in 2 years. This is probably a good problem to have.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Semiconductor"

Current Employee - Technologist
    Current Employee - Technologist

I have been working at Lam Research full-time

Pros

Goog salary and benefit. Highly motivated

Cons

Procesd development and technologist and business trip

10. "Was a waste of time for anyone who is a hard worker and has ethics"

I worked at Lam Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good is up with industry standards and there's always things to keep you busy though sometimes it's slow in some areas you can always go help another which needs it.

Cons

I was with Lam at the warehouse for a year I work 60 hours every week for most of that year my attendance was immaculate and I did what was asked of me but after one year on a two-year contract I was called by they're temp agency and told my contract was up with no reason and just let go completely blindsided it was a waste of a year of my life I could have spent that time working for a company that I was actually going to make a career out of when I had hopes for lamb at first and then I found out that if you aren't friends with the management or supervisors and if you don't kiss the managers back side then you have no place there it is sad because the main plant is not this way but the warehouse is so wrapped in office politics they hire there friends and the people who call in all the time and are lazy as long as they never question things even if they are wrong and unethical, my manager was a two faced snake who would lie to me and tell me what he thought I wanted and not what I needed to hear to improve and grow with the company he just blew a bunch of smoke so he could avoid me asking too many questions of my potential hiring or to cross training in other areas, three times I asked him for transfer so that I can learn another area because I felt like I was well trained in material handling and then when I finally was allowed of transfer 2 weeks after I was relieved of my contract, but before I was let go he proceeded to bring in a young lady who had sheered off a section of rack that could have potentially cause fatal harm to someone had it collapsed and lied about it and made her his lead in his area for shipping over a more experienced gentleman who had better attendance and new the job way more thoroughly, which also means she will be converted to an emoyee which i find completely rediculious, so unfortunately if I had been smart enough I would have gone to the main plant where they have ethics and morals and they run their job right where as the warehouse is a joke they should fire everyone from the top to the bottom and rehire all management they have no morals or ethics except for one and that is in receiving, who is the only one in that warehouse as far a leader that has any Integrity or ethics he should be running the plant, because as far as im conserned are incompetent, but unfortunately that probably won't happen, sad because that warehouse has the potential to be way more than it is and will hold the company back from growing as it should.

Advice to Management

Either fire them all and rehire or make them go back through training on how to be a proper manager and not use buddy buddy business ethics and use proper ethics hire people that work hard and have proper attendance and do the job right not ones who lie, deceive, and damage property causing potential and/or fatal harm and then promote them into their leads, they tell you honesty integrity and ethics cram it down your throat but yet they do not follow any of those things that warehouse will fall soon, how many more good people will they have to lose before they open their eyes, hopefully the company will fix this broken piece if the puzzle so they can keep growing the right way.