Lancaster General Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Interview process"

Current Employee - Office Nurse in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Office Nurse in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. - Heath dental vision. - tuition plan - wellness center - supportive of continuing education. - quick response - helpful. - nice staff.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. Every place has its way of doing things. Enjoyable place to work. Pleasant staff. Nothing bad to say.

2. "Urgent Care Provider"

Former Employee - Urgent Care Provider in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Urgent Care Provider in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Lancaster General full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hospital system with good patients.

Cons

Bait and switch. You will routinely work past your 12 hours and not be compensated.

Advice to Management

Honor your contracts. If you want a provider to work 13 hour shifts pay for 13 hour shifts.

"Most sexist, toxic atmosphere I've ever worked in by a huge margin."

Former Employee - Executive Secretary in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Executive Secretary in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Lancaster General full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facilities. Plentiful locations. Peers did excellent work and passion for patient care was evident. Good benefits package if you qualify.

Cons

So stymied in misogynist behavior that it is impossible to get work done. Such a toxic, political atmosphere if you are a woman that it is not worth interviewing.

Advice to Management

Treat employees equally regardless of gender.

4. "Housekeeping"

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Great Benefits. Pay is fair.

Cons

Lack of support from supervisors and upper management

5. "LGH"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with great benefits and perks. Many opportunities to expand your nursing knowledge and role as well as be a part of the Lancaster community.

Cons

Unsure of the future of the company after the UPenn merger and what that may mean for the nurses employed there.

Advice to Management

Better starting rate to match other magnet hospitals.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Coding Analyst/RAC Coordinator in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Coding Analyst/RAC Coordinator in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is plenty of growth potential.

Cons

There is not enough compensation.

Advice to Management

More communication with all employees.

7. "amazing, It has honestly changed my life."

Current Employee - Guest Services in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Everyone from every position is treated with respect.My direct supervisor & manager constantly teach me better ways to respect every individual who walks into our building, it has made me a better person.I feel important and know my job matters. The company does it's best to always acknowledge employees who give their best.Even if you work part time your eligible for benefits And benefits are good,the pay is good and all raises are strictly by job performance.You accumulate both vacation time & sick time by how many hours you work - which I love.They also help you with schooling. And the company is great & well respected in the area & nationally.

Cons

I can't think of anything worth mentioning. My only con is employees who can't be flexible enough to work well with others. You always get a few bad apples in every basket. I hear the same about managers. I feel lucky & honored to have the managers I do.

Advice to Management

I think it's admirable that Beeman is serving his country. I think the money he is getting from serving should have been considered instead of receiving such obscene pay from LG while he is away. My brother was in Iraq - he sure didn't get paid by his company here while he was gone and he was just in reserves too.

"Great coworkers; Greedy management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Teamwork within the unit; diversity; free parking

Cons

Management cares only about the bottom line. An extremely profitable hospital, LGH's money goes deep into the pockets of management. Those of us on the front lines can barely get a raise each year -- despite our strong work ethic and the success of our unit. Requests from management for employee input consistently fall on deaf ears. Employees are fed up, and it shows.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the fantastic front-line employees you have with more than just lip-service. It it wasn't for our extraordinary and competent work with the patients, LGH wouldn't have the reputation it does.

9. "Average"

Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Lancaster, PA

Pros

There were excellent health/dental/vision benefits, along with ample opportunities to build up personal time off. In my personal experience, my manager was very flexible and understanding when personal/family emergencies arose.

Cons

The staff are not always very good at adjusting to change, and following through with goals is not always a priority. There was also blatant judgemental behavior from individuals in 'higher' positions to those that were not as 'educated' as they were.

10. "Friendly, great benefits and perks, but subpar management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Overall, employees are treated well and given decent pay and benefits. The atmosphere and area are friendly and a great place to raise a family.

Cons

Senior management uses scare tactics to strongarm all its competition; LG controls nearly all healthcare facilities and offices in Lancaster County and is now reaching beyond. Management training is lacking, and there is quite a bit of favoritism of some employees over others.

There has been a lot of unrest lately because electronic health records are making many medical records positions unnecessary; but management refuses to discuss what their long-range plan is.

The management style and low pay, as well as the lack of communication to employees about job changes, are difficult on employees.

Advice to Management

Reconsider salaries and provide pay increases. Be more accommodating of competition in the area. Provide better education and training to managers.