Lancer Hospitality Catering Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Glenn Baron

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Submissive staff that is pressured into making a lot of bad decisions under the hawkish oversight of "boot to neck" upper management (in 5 reviews)

• This type of company/business is known for the long hours so, I don't feel it is out of the ordinary (in 3 reviews)

1. "Lancer Rocks!"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality full-time

Pros

It's nice to have access and constant communication with the Corporate Directors of the company. I feel valued and appreciated, and am happy that I am trusted to do my job and never feel micromanaged. I have learned a tremendous amount working with them, and look forward to a long career with Lancer!

Cons

There really aren't any downsides that I've experienced. The only unfortunate thing is that the company is based in Minnesota, so those of us who work at a property that's not in that state don't get the advantages that properties in close proximity may experience. It's hard to call that a "con" though, wishing we could be more involved with/closer to the Corporate office is a good thing! :)

2. "Lifetime employee"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for almost 15 years now. I have advanced my way up the ranks to the position that I am in now. There is room for advancement in this company. It is all in what you put into it! The knowledge that I have earned throughout the years is second to none! With a growing company there will always be bumps in the road, but as long as you earn something from it, it is worth it. I feel Lancer is a large family. From the CEO to the Catering Director, I feel support from both!

Cons

The hours are long and the work is hard. This type of company/business is known for the long hours so, I don't feel it is out of the ordinary. Weekends are generally spent working.