Lancer Hospitality Reviews in Eagan, MN | Glassdoor

Eagan, MN

2.3
Glenn Baron

Pros
Cons
  • Submissive staff that is pressured into making a lot of bad decisions under the hawkish oversight of "boot to neck" upper management (in 5 reviews)

• This type of company/business is known for the long hours so, I don't feel it is out of the ordinary (in 3 reviews)

1. "Extremely negative reviews comically misleading, ironically humorous."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Pros

Like any company, you get out of Lancer what you put into it. Good work ethic is never going to be frowned upon. I am one of the long term employees at corporate, so I've seen it all. Still very much consider myself to have prized "outsider" status for all that, so I'm pretty objective in my opinions. I could never be accused by anyone as a corporate shill. I like my job, I like my duties, I like what I get paid, I have a pretty good relationship with the supposedly "evil" Glenn Baron, and I get on well with just about everyone in the company. I can't speak of the non-corporate experience since I'm primarily ensconced here in the ivory tower, but the only advice I can give is the truism of "If you complain about where you're working, go somewhere else." I've seen year after year of growth here, and it's a good feeling to have when you're chained to the daly grind as most of us are.

Cons

My perpetual complaint is that communication at Lancer is poor. There is a strong disconnect between the major corporate departments of Marketing, Accounting, IT, and Ops. Not to the extent that it creates fiefdoms and warring factions (as an aside to the person who wrote the "Tywin Lannister" review - keep analogies short. Guess you missed that part in creative writing class), because it's all pretty amicable. Just saying that effective corporate communication would reap hugely positive rewards. Right now, it's like the machine has too many cogs of different sizes not all turning at the same speed. Hardly "disastrous", as some recent dolt described.

Advice to Management

Less tangents in meetings, more focused approach to proactive system maintenance, move towards understanding that ongoing training is good for the company's soul, and try to develop more effective lines of communications so that all departments have the same information. Right now Lancer is kind of like the parable of the blind men describing parts of an elephant.

"DISASTROUS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company. If you enjoy low pay, micro-management and disorganization, then this is the place for you. If you are willing to work long hours and be unappreciated, please apply, they will be more than happy to belittle you.

Cons

This company's lack of communication is the utmost reason for failure. The left has no clue what the right is doing and vice versa. They do not appreciate you as an employee. The expectations are very high and the kickback is at an all time low. They will seek assistance from temp agencies to find adequate staffing and pay them more than their own employees. They pride themselves on quality without compromise however, will attempt to sell product that is outdated and less than stellar. If you haven't already done so, please read the other reviews about this company, and ask yourself, Do I really want to work for this employer? Do yourself a favor and push carts at your local grocery store if you are desperate for work, you will appreciate your decision to do just that, rather than to deal with the everyday drama of being employed at Lancer Hospitality.

Advice to Management

Take care of those who take care of you.

"unique work environment"

Former Employee - Cashier in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Eagan, MN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a easy job to get and the hours were decent. You get free admission into the zoo

Cons

The environment was very disorganized and confusing.