Lancome Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lancome CEO Françoise Lemann
Françoise Lemann

Pros
  • A great company, with motivational caring management, excellent training and generous products allowance (in 5 reviews)

• 350 worth of gratis twice a year (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No structure, long hours, poor communication (in 5 reviews)

• If my particular counter had better support I would have no cons (in 4 reviews)

1. "Counter manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lancome full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From Lancome... Wonderful products , Beautiful history , gratis twice a year , top notch training. Macy's Health coverage & PTO

Cons

Lancome Way too many events back to back always all the time, Unachievable go consistently, not enough support to support these events and a follow through, Extreme physical labor that goes with these events .Macy's not enough support over all, Extreme physical labor,no support to support these events too many events, out rages goals, Extreme pressure to open up Macy's cards, they expect you to be successful such as my client and the system doesn't even work but you are still held accountable for that goal and are reprimanded if it not achieved.

Advice to Management

If you want these goals to happen it would be nice to get the support that is needed. It would be nice if you even asked how can I help you ? Without us your magic does not happen!

2. "Great Products"

Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lancome full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love Lancome skin care and lotions and Mascara

Cons

local Management can be terrible

Advice to Management

Do your work and beyond as you ask us to do our goals and beyond!

"What it's like to be a Counter Manager at Ulta beauty!"

Current Employee - Counter Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Counter Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Lancome full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a 25% discount on all products carried in Ulta and $350 gratis every season. You receive occasional gratis from Ulta themselves and an extra 35% off during Christmas.

Cons

The only con to working at a Lancôme counter inside an Ulta beauty instead of a department store counter is you don't receive commission on the products you sell.

Advice to Management

Educate yourself & cashier to help sell Lancôme incase someone isn't at your counter one day.

5. "Lancome Beauty Advisor"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Lancome full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love working at Dillard's Lancome it's challenging and rewarding.We have great products and lots of support.I love the people I work with. Great friendly customers.

Cons

The goals are very high for gifts and have to compete with on line shopping. Sometimes we have very low stock issues.

Advice to Management

They are great at this store

6. "Beauty Advisor"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great company to work for. Sends you away for a great training. Lots and lots of free stuff (gratis twice a year and u get shipped the new products that come out).

Cons

My account executive is terrible at her job. If my particular counter had better support I would have no cons.

Advice to Management

Give better support to overwhelmed AEs

7. "Awesome for beginners"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lancome part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gratis nice coworkers making people feel good about themselves ...........

Cons

You have to reach sales goals fight for your sales

8. "Beauty Advisor"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Greenfield, WI
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Greenfield, WI

I have been working at Lancome part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with the company for three years and love all of the girls that I work with. Decent pay with lots of opportunity for gratis.

Cons

It gets very competitive at times and employees end up getting in arguments over sales and clients. Some clients are very hard to work with.

Advice to Management

A more competitive commission percentage would keep a lot of beauty advisors from moving on to other opportunities. Otherwise, a decent company to work for.

9. "Freelance Makeup Artist"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Artist Former Counter Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Freelancer - Freelance Artist Former Counter Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lancome (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive. The product is amazing, and you have a wide variety of color and product to use on anyone, of any color. Flexible schedule makes it nice, and you go to a variety of stores so you're not going to be bored.

Cons

You don't get gratis, like beauty advisors do at the counter. Work can be feast or famine. Lancome no longer has schools for beauty advisors biannually. I think this is a big mistake.

Advice to Management

Having been with Lancome for 15 years as both Beauty Advisor/Counter Manager and Freelance Artist, I really think Lancome is missing the boat on not having spring/fall trainings anymore for BAs and Freelance. Training at the counter is nearly impossible, as coverage is tough. Back when we had school I felt more comfortable in my product knowledge. I always came back to the counter pumped to sell!! I still love the product and company. Just my two cents..

10. "Beauty consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at Lancome part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, gratis, training

Cons

Low pay, retail hours, depending on location there are difficult sales goals to attain, especially competing with online stores.

"Effortless French Chíc"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor - Lancome in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor - Lancome in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lancome part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Obtainable goals and gratis for reaching them. They pay you to go to special Lancôme training. It's approx 4 days. Hotel, food, and has paid for. The product are high quality. It's an all around great company.

Cons

The dress code is all black with a vest jacket. The location I work at (inside Macy's) conserves electricity and never uses the AC. Covered in black from head to toe, it can get very hot; especially when I'm constantly moving. Sleeveless top are prohibited (even though the vest jacket is sleeveless).

Advice to Management

Management is always dropping in and stays involved. They are great at listening to, and fixing any issues. They encourage the employees to reach their goals and use positive reinforcement.