Land O' Frost Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Land O' Frost Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

4.3
Land O' Frost CEO David Van Eekeren
David Van Eekeren
  1. "Great Company to Work for!!!"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity. If you want to advance, you can if you work hard. Great Family atmosphere! Good pay.

Cons

HR should practice what they preach. HR will preach communication, however you can contact them, and you may or may not get a response.

Land O' Frost2018-07-16
  2. "Would recommend"

Current Employee - Sanitation Worker in Searcy, AR

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Raises every year, great friendly employees

Cons

Staff could really use someone who actually likes to talk to ppl, especially when an employee has concerns or worries

Advice to Management

Needs a wake up call, a nice tone of voice and to be nice doesn't cost a thing

Land O' Frost2019-09-19
  3. "Great job"

Current Employee - Slicer

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and good employees

Cons

The work load sometimes causes overtime

Land O' Frost2019-09-15
  4. "Getting job"

I have been working at Land O' Frost

Pros

Was really fastgood over veiw

Cons

Nothing really everything look ok

Land O' Frost2019-05-06
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Continuous Improvement Supervisor in Madisonville, KY

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Tons of opportunity for advancement Company built on trust and respect Very CI minded culture Great co-workers at all levels of the company Tuition reimbursement as well as other training opportunities

Cons

Nothing you wouldn't likely experience at any other job

Land O' Frost2018-07-16
  6. "Opportunities Land O’ Frost gave me..."

Former Employee - Sanitation Manager in Lansing, IL

I worked at Land O' Frost full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wanted to thank the team at Land O’ Frost for these past 3 years. There have been tough days/nights but many lessons learned and I am better because of it. I appreciate all the support from Searcy and Madisonville throughout these years as well. Good relationships have been built and I hope to keep them. Special thanks to Justin Kobler for allowing me to get the different training(s) and certification(s)... I have received. Studying Lean has changed my way of thinking which has changed my way of Leading. Lansing Sanitation has been a trial period for me of Continuous Improvement at almost every angle. The crew has done some amazing things that they never knew they could achieve. I am thankful and proud of them. The family and I are excited to be able to join Ford Motor Company. I am eager to learn and gain more understanding of the Ford Production System.

Cons

Being a Union Plant has its challenges that can make or break your day sometimes.

Land O' Frost2018-02-01
  7. "Manager"

I worked at Land O' Frost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive company who shows respect for the people. Genuinely cares about their employees. Solid business plans for growth.

Cons

Mid Level managers have a lot on their plates. They work very hard.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with your people

Land O' Frost2018-02-01

"MONEY!"

Former Employee - Packer/Trayloader Sanitation Tech in Searcy, AR

I worked at Land O' Frost full-time for more than a year

Pros

they usually have plenty of hours there are rarely any lay offs they promote within their company before hiring off the street which is rare now days. after your 3 month temp and 3 month probationary period you have full benefits packages if you wish really good prices. The people in my area were great to work with! they were like family and im still good friends with over half my co workers. Great pay! regularly... increases in your first year and every year they do give a raise even by a few cents for cost of living. summer hours plenty of over time.

Cons

point system is kinda pain in the rear. for it to be a family company there isnt much room family mishaps. bad weather days are up to the discretion of HR as to who made it in. repetitive (its factory work) so can be hard on your joints depending on your dept. very easy to lose yourself to your thoughts most the time its too loud to talk with someone while working can be pretty mind numbing.

Advice to Management

Your all about family right? Take your employees' families into consideration. Improve or come up with ways to get points or get rid of the no fault point system and accept drs notes that would eliminate im sure a good percentage of employee loss due to pointing out. dont allow tardiness but take the fact that they are a human and not a machine. Land o' Frost is a job for your employees its not a dream job or a... lifestyle they do it bc they HAVE to but the company often feels like home due to mandatory weekends.

Land O' Frost2017-07-10
  9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time

Pros

Family Oriented company that truly cares about it's employees.

Cons

none, I absolutely enjoy coming to work every day and working the great group of people that work here.

Land O' Frost2017-04-28

"Employee recognition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL

I have been working at Land O' Frost full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Every 5 years they give you a little gift for years of service.

Cons

Land O' Frost has Employee Recognition I think quarterly. This is to thank the Employee for years of service (every 5 years they are recognized) in front of their peers. They are not very good at this they fail to invite the person they are recognizing and their peers. Then they are told go HR and get your certificate.

Advice to Management

Do you have a birthday party for your child and not invite them to the party?

Land O' Frost2016-12-17