LandDesign Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Civil Designer"

Former Employee - Civil Design Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Civil Design Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at LandDesign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuinely enjoyed my co-worker as we would listen to music in the office while working. They also provide fully vested 401k at 3% of annual salary.

Cons

Lied to me during the interview process. This included telling me work hours were from 9-4 as long as I got 40 hours per week. I was let go after 2 months and informed that work hours were from 8-5 (normal).

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your future employees and there wouldn't be issues. Also please improve the training process to speed up development of new hires

"Not a company but a collection of individual studios"

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LandDesign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some genuinely nice people, but mostly in middle and lower levels.

Cons

This is a design firm that is run by engineers (President & COO). That is a bad combination, since engineers believe they really make the money that makes the firm stay afloat.

The firm stresses a collaborative atmosphere, but that's nonsense. They are just a dozen or so individual studios, each run by a partner. There is lots of territoriality. In their definition, "collaborating" means sharing us junior staff across projects, not really collaborating between studios and practices. And there is very little chance for advancement.

This firm lost a ton of money and people during the recession - many firms did. They also lost a lot of offices - at least half of their locations are now gone.

Advice to Management

Stop running like a bunch of private studios led by engineers.

"Worst senior management - clueless"

I worked at LandDesign full-time

Pros

It was nice to work in different locations all around the world and some of the staff is great to work with.

Cons

Senior management is THE worst around. Couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. A bunch of un-educated, know-it-all, blowhards.

Advice to Management

Get some business management skills. Treat your employees better. Do it before you go bankrupt due to over-arching idiocy.