Landis+Gyr Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Landis+Gyr President and CEO Andreas Umbach
Andreas Umbach

Pros
  • If you are looking for work life balance this is a great company (in 31 reviews)

• Very Good work environment to work in (in 15 reviews)

1. "Amazing Place"

Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Communication, Team work everyone works together

Cons

Lack of space and less compensation

Advice to Management

HR is awesome.

2. "Market Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products; great executive leadership; takes care of their employees

Cons

Lots of silos with some pretty thick walls. Still need a lot of work to align sales, finance, and production. To finance focused rather than customer focused.

Advice to Management

Break down silos. Don't let the budget limit our ability to service customers.

3. "Work experience"

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

Friendly, laid back, family oriented work times, good work environment, accommodating, good wages, overall a very good place to work and would recommend the experience to anyone.

Cons

Sometimes poor communication, some of the chain of command can be slow on jobs, purchasing and obtaining things can sometimes be slow.

5. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Landis+Gyr (More than 10 years)

Pros

Market leader, strategic vision, leadership, quality focus, benifits and compensation, teamwork, growth potential, Alpharetta location, empowerment, products and solutions, financial health of the North American business

Cons

Some locations (Lafayette IN and Pequot Lakes MN) are difficult to attract talent. Europe, South America and Asia Pacific inability to achieve financial targets places much strain on North America to cover gaps.

6. "RF Technician"

Current Employee - RF Technician I in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - RF Technician I in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a good benefit package

Cons

The on call schedule can be difficult at times

"Why Bother?"

Pros

Supervisor doesn't seem to care where you are at any given point in the day.
    No real expectations.
    Work/Life balance is good because they took away any overtime opportunities.
    No boring training to make you grow professionally.

Cons

Supervisor doesn't seem to care where you are at any given point in the day.
    No real expectations.
    Work/Life balance is good because they took away any overtime opportunities. So I had time to do things but could not afford to do them.
    Management gave me two weeks' notice in NOVEMBER, right before the holidays. I know they could have given me a month, or laid me off earlier in the fall, like september.
    Mindless work. Hard to know what expectations are when there are none.
    Disorganized.
    No training.
    Contractor not an actual employee.

Advice to Management

Why did you hire me if there was never any chance for upward mobility?
    Don't make jokes about the length of my stay when I am a temporary employee.
    Don't make jokes about my status as a contractor, because I am a human being.
    Don't give others who go out in the truck a uniform, but not me and my coworker, just because we are contractors. Oh wait, the others were also contractors.

"Too Many Politics"

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

Company has a good product and stability. The people I work with are very hard working, always working late nights and weekends, sacrifice a lot of PTO.

Cons

Some of the downsides are that this company does not know how to treat all employees well and equally. There are a lot of favorites and those people tend to get ahead and we have another re-organization when we want to promote someone and have not considered all others. Human Resources department has been a revolving door for the last 5 years and they are not employee advocates. It has been hard to gain understanding of what middle management can do to survive and move up as it has become obvious that promotional decisions are based on those that are most liked by the leader of the organization. there is no work life balance for the management teams. Those that drink and party more with the leaders are always selected for promotions. There is no working remotely and the benefits are just average. No company perks, PTO is standards, and sometimes you are not even approved to take the time off. If you are in a leadership role at this company, this is probably the best job for you. If you are a hard worker trying to move up and grow your career, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

You have a good company, why not just invest in the future of ALL of the employees and drive them toward success? When your employees are successful, the company is successful. I have heard many times that "it didn't use to be like this a couple of years ago." Some of the recent changes were probably not in the best interest of the company's original goals and values. There is no culture at this company to feel proud of.

"Bad Leadership"

Former Employee - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

The employees are nice and many of them are very smart with various skills. The product is good and has potential. They have quarterly celebrations and those have been fun.

Cons

The leadership team has not been great. They do not communicate well with their staff and there are way too many changes and re-organizations (in many instances it has been to promote those that they are close to or are friends with). Turnover in finance and HR has been unbelievable. The leaders for those departments have overworked and undermined their staff. The organization as a whole does not believe in empowerment therefore there is a lot of micromanage from the highest leader down to managers and supervisors. No work life balance, people usually work until about 11pm each night, sometimes even in the offices. There is no work from home unless you are higher leader.

Advice to Management

invest in some training for leadership group as they are the ones that need it most in this organization. the others are just following their leaders, so until that behavior changes, things will tend to be the same.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Great company to work for. Great work environment. Balanced Work/Life. Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Health benefits are not that great.

11. "culture"

Pros

Overall quiet and peaceful workplace

Cons

too many experienced worker. Lack of interactions