Cover image for Landis

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, benefits and mission

Oct 23, 2022 - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think Landis is amazing. I've loved my job, I've loved my team and what we do is special. The company cares about its employees. Our CEO is smart, accessible and knows what he's doing. Our clients love us too which is a good feeling

Cons

No cons really it's good here

2. 5.0

Exciting growth

Oct 13, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It genuinely feels good to know my work is making a positive impact on an underserved segment of the community. Renters typically are overlooked and even avoided by some real estate groups. It feels good to be a part of bridging that gap and helping more people become homeowners. The Landis team is smart, collaborative and motivated to solve the issue of homeownership. We have very talented people here and I'm looking forward to what we accomplish.

Cons

The only con would be similar with other companies at this stage. Things move quickly and being able to adapt and reprioritize is a necessary skill.

3. Join the Landis team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Opportunity, Exciting Times

Oct 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at this company are wonderful. There is a dedication to the client experience and a willingness to help each other, which is a recipe for greatness. Also, senior leadership is transparent and forthcoming, which creates a deeper level of trust not many companies can foster with their employees.

Cons

Growing pains are always prevalent when working at a startup, but it comes with the territory.

5. 5.0

Account Executive at Landis

Oct 13, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Landis is a terrific company to work for with a great culture that allows for growth on an individual and team basis. The company provides a clear value to both clients and partners and also has a worthy and important mission to expand homeownership opportunities to people who would traditionally not be able to have those opportunities. Therefore, working at Landis is not only exciting, but also fulfilling.

Cons

There have not been any cons in my time at Landis

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Landis is What Happens When Great People Meet a Great Mission With Great Culture

Oct 14, 2022 - Home Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Team -Transparent, Responsive Management -Agile Enough to Implement Changes Immediately -Feedback and Solutions are Requested and Valued -Quarterly Events to Include Our Remote Teams -Great Benefits, Unlimited PTO

Cons

-Lack of 401 K Match -Still Very Small, No Clear Path For Upward Mobility Right Now

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun startup with a great mission!

Oct 13, 2022 - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture, everyone is great to work with. Fun company events throughout the year. Good for career progression and there are always opportunities to take on new responsibilities. It's also nice work for a company with a social mission that helps people!

Cons

Classic start up growing pains.

8. 5.0

Exciting opportunity great people

Oct 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Landis are great to work with. My team and I work really hard but we get to see the effort we put into it play out. It’s so worth it.

Cons

what company doesn’t have downsides. It’s still small so job duties are farther reaching than they will be in the future.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So thankful to work at Landis!

Jun 27, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

– Meaningful work and company mission – Very competitive compensation – Meeting-light engineering culture – Friendly, passionate team – Down-to-earth management – Highly competent, yet humble and compassionate CEO – Interviews are focused on actual software engineering skills, rather than leet code, and they don't make you jump through unnecessary hoops – Lots of opportunity to take ownership – Remote-friendly – Flexible working hours – Company seems to be genuinely committed to diversity/inclusion, rather than using that as a guise to discriminate against certain people like at some companies.

Cons

– Startup, so may be a different culture/mindset than you're used to if you come from a larger company background – No 401k match (but we do have a 401k now) – Sometimes get the impression management may view working long hours as more important than the quality of work (I hesitated adding this one; the working hours aren't terrible, but one of the company values is "We work hard to achieve our ambitions. This is not a 9 to 5 job", so I wanted to be transparent about that expectation).

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A kind, professional team with no startup BS

Oct 14, 2022 - Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees have a good work-life balance compared to most startups. Flexible work environments (both remote and hybrid), lots of culture-building, inclusive team events, and a company mission and values that people actually believe in.

Cons

Some silos between teams as the company grows

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved my time at Landis!

Oct 12, 2022 - Operations in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Landis are driven, ambitious, kind and smart The mission is great. It's easy to see how we're helping people We're fast growth; things change, you can't get bored

Cons

It's hard work - not for everyone

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews
</>Embed

Landis Reviews FAQs

Landis has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 43 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Landis to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Landis employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Landis. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

96% of Landis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Landis 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Landis to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace, management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Landis Job Seekers