- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - North Carolina
- - Greensboro, NC Area
- - Greensboro, NC
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
Found 40 of over 43 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The team that I worked most directly with was a great group of people" (in 9 reviews)
- "Awesome culture, everyone is great to work with." (in 5 reviews)
- "The people at Landis are great to work with." (in 5 reviews)
- "the mission is fulfilling and keeps everybody working as hard as they do" (in 3 reviews)
- "There are a lot of opportunities to grow and learn; the teams are fantastic and everyone is always willing to land a hand." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 23, 2022 - Operations Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I think Landis is amazing. I've loved my job, I've loved my team and what we do is special. The company cares about its employees. Our CEO is smart, accessible and knows what he's doing. Our clients love us too which is a good feeling
No cons really it's good hereContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It genuinely feels good to know my work is making a positive impact on an underserved segment of the community. Renters typically are overlooked and even avoided by some real estate groups. It feels good to be a part of bridging that gap and helping more people become homeowners. The Landis team is smart, collaborative and motivated to solve the issue of homeownership. We have very talented people here and I'm looking forward to what we accomplish.
The only con would be similar with other companies at this stage. Things move quickly and being able to adapt and reprioritize is a necessary skill.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 17, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people that work at this company are wonderful. There is a dedication to the client experience and a willingness to help each other, which is a recipe for greatness. Also, senior leadership is transparent and forthcoming, which creates a deeper level of trust not many companies can foster with their employees.
Growing pains are always prevalent when working at a startup, but it comes with the territory.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Landis is a terrific company to work for with a great culture that allows for growth on an individual and team basis. The company provides a clear value to both clients and partners and also has a worthy and important mission to expand homeownership opportunities to people who would traditionally not be able to have those opportunities. Therefore, working at Landis is not only exciting, but also fulfilling.
There have not been any cons in my time at Landis
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - Home Advisor in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Great Team -Transparent, Responsive Management -Agile Enough to Implement Changes Immediately -Feedback and Solutions are Requested and Valued -Quarterly Events to Include Our Remote Teams -Great Benefits, Unlimited PTO
-Lack of 401 K Match -Still Very Small, No Clear Path For Upward Mobility Right NowContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Recruiter in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Awesome culture, everyone is great to work with. Fun company events throughout the year. Good for career progression and there are always opportunities to take on new responsibilities. It's also nice work for a company with a social mission that helps people!
Classic start up growing pains.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people at Landis are great to work with. My team and I work really hard but we get to see the effort we put into it play out. It’s so worth it.
what company doesn’t have downsides. It’s still small so job duties are farther reaching than they will be in the future.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 27, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
– Meaningful work and company mission – Very competitive compensation – Meeting-light engineering culture – Friendly, passionate team – Down-to-earth management – Highly competent, yet humble and compassionate CEO – Interviews are focused on actual software engineering skills, rather than leet code, and they don't make you jump through unnecessary hoops – Lots of opportunity to take ownership – Remote-friendly – Flexible working hours – Company seems to be genuinely committed to diversity/inclusion, rather than using that as a guise to discriminate against certain people like at some companies.
– Startup, so may be a different culture/mindset than you're used to if you come from a larger company background – No 401k match (but we do have a 401k now) – Sometimes get the impression management may view working long hours as more important than the quality of work (I hesitated adding this one; the working hours aren't terrible, but one of the company values is "We work hard to achieve our ambitions. This is not a 9 to 5 job", so I wanted to be transparent about that expectation).Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - StrategistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Employees have a good work-life balance compared to most startups. Flexible work environments (both remote and hybrid), lots of culture-building, inclusive team events, and a company mission and values that people actually believe in.
Some silos between teams as the company grows
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 12, 2022 - Operations in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people at Landis are driven, ambitious, kind and smart The mission is great. It's easy to see how we're helping people We're fast growth; things change, you can't get bored
It's hard work - not for everyoneContinue reading
Landis Reviews FAQs
Landis has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 43 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Landis to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
96% of Landis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Landis 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.