Landmark Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marshall Dujka

1. "I like it! Has some flaws, but it's good!"

Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Landmark Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love the management I work with. According to a lot of the reviews, that's not the case with many stores. They have truly bent over backwards to meet some of my schedule needs and still get me the 40+ hours a week. The job is insanely easy and especially being the overnight guy, I am able to do things like read and meditate and improve my spirituality. This is very great. Also, the starting pay is pretty awesome too. Granted, I'm a college age student so $9/hr is pretty good for me. At my store we close the doors, which I like because it adds a certain level of security to my safety. I've talked one on one with my manager about possibly moving to the day shift and she said it was a possibility! I love it here because at my store, I don't feel like 'just another employee'.. I feel like I am valued and heard. All in all, this is a very mediocre job, that has an extradinary pay for the work any employee has to do. I have worked the day shift and the tasks I had to do during the day shift weren't hard or tedious at all. They were very easy and I had a team to work along side with me.

Cons

Timewise hires pretty much anybody. This being said, the people I work with tend to not be very intelligent. I don't have anything against foreigners, but about 50% of my co-workers are foreign and I see them more than the other people so it can be difficult to speak to them because it's hard for them to understand me. One thing anybody should know about the night shift, is that it is a lonely position. :( .. I don't have much face to face interaction with anybody which sucks. I also don't feel like this job really utilizes my skills that I do have. I interned as a marketing assistant and a downfall about working here for me, is that when I see something that could be changed to up sales, even though I can say something to management, it doesn't really get changed because it is a huge corporation. So where as my voice does matter through out the store, I can't very much so be heard through the company and/or suggest any changes to the way things could be done. Another downfall about working at night, is that I do have a pretty replicant fear that if a customer leaves unhappy, that they'll break into my car or mess it up. Another thing I dislike, is that I do t get much face to face time with management. There is a coworker that I have wanted to talk to my managers with since last Friday (it's Thursday now) and tonight is my first opportunity to do that since I've had the problem pop up. Also, when it gets boring, there is nobody to talk to. There's nobody to crack jokes with or anything so that kind of sucks. For anybody who has never worked the night shift before, you should know one thing.. espcially if you are an extravert (luckily I'm an introvert). Working the night shift means that you are going to be awake, while all of your friends are asleep and you'll be asleep while all of your friends are awake. Also, something I personally have against the store is that THERE IS NO HEALTHY FOOD. Despite the oranges, apples and bananas, there is no healthy food at all. I wish there was like a salad they sold or something.. but sadly, there is nothing like that. Also, there is no real food to eat either. Also, although I love the people I work with, I feel like it isn't a team. I have worked on very intense committees and teams for a lot of my life and coming here, it seems like the management has a fear of confrontation with other employees. Maybe it's just me because of how often I see the management, but I do feel like that is pretty valid.

Advice to Management

I think that if I had any advice to management, it would be to:
    1) be available for every employees shift (even just 30 minutes where you aren't busy will go a long way)
    2) incorporate healthier food choices.. or real food choices in the store.. don't continue on with the 'just gas station food' idea people get when they see a timewise. Be more. Treat yo self
    3) I feel like management should have an intensive team training requirement. I feel like the team training should be almost parallel to what they teach in the book '5 dysfunctions of a team'

2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Pros

Nothing good about working here at all

Cons

This place is hell don't do it

3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

Pros

Terrible company to work for. Poor management. All the employees steal at one point the had to fire 4 employees at the same time the rest of us had to work 7 days a week. The do not care about employees at all

Cons

No pros only cons omg

Advice to Management

Have a manager who is not rude to everyone and who does not steal

5. "clerk"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Landmark Industries (More than a year)

Pros

its ok if you like the retail buisness

Cons

low pay increase when the income of the store is so great

Advice to Management

pay more

6. "terrible experience at my store but I'm sure it differs on management"

Former Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Landmark Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the flexibility of the schedule, was an easy job for the most part. I never had any issues picking up or switching shifts if I needed to.

Cons

manager was a creep... promises of being promoted but he kept telling me "I don't know if you want this as much as you say you do". kept switching me from day shifts to overnight shifts in the same week so my "days off" were not really days off.

Advice to Management

take complaints from employees seriously! I tried taking my issues to my district manager but he never really cared, he was buddy buddy with the store manager so he would always side with him.

7. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landmark Industries (More than a year)

Pros

Like to work at Landmark industries, management is very supportive

Cons

Don't have any cons for Landmark Industries

8. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, TX

I have been working at Landmark Industries (More than 8 years)

Pros

Territory Manager and higher managements are very co-operative, they appreciate good works.

Cons

No downside, work hard to meet their expectations.

Advice to Management

They are doing business professional way, no advice

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flatonia, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flatonia, TX

Pros

None other than if your desperate for a job

Cons

2-5min. breaks only, standing for 8 hrs., Management doesn't know what their doing. You work all holidays (Christmas is the only holiday you get paid time 1/2) and weekends. Would not recommend working here

Advice to Management

This is a business not a playground

10. "Accounts Payable Clerk"

Former Employee - Management and Accounting in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management and Accounting in Houston, TX

I worked at Landmark Industries (More than 3 years)

Pros

No experience is required. Friendly environment. Great colleagues to work with. Gain encouragement.

Cons

Constant computer breakdown. Loss of information from system. Poor IT department support.

Advice to Management

Need to create a good technical support and data base to reduce the constant system information whenever there is a system crash. Improve the compensation and benefits of the employees.

11. "It was a joy working at Timewise"

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Landmark Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here was a joy because of a few reasons, the first being the pay. The pay was pretty good to start, especially since it was my first job

Cons

The biggest challenge in working here, and this will vary with manager and location, would be the pressure of doing your best under pressure