Landmark Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Harry Rosenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I get to make a difference every day (in 11 reviews)

• the best training in the world for becoming a powerhouse badass leader (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours with not much flexibility (in 15 reviews)

• I mean really long hours, sometimes in excess of 70 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

1. "Participant not employee"

Pros

Best personal growth training and organization in the world

Cons

Can get a bit cultish after time

Advice to Management

More concentration on the course agenda and a bit less on sales

2. "Extraordinary People and Training"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time

Pros

Amazing corporate intention, extraordinary and diverse people. The training you get for discovering and going beyond your own limits is unparalleled.

Cons

Slight con - pay structure is challenging .

Advice to Management

Continue the work, discover a way to increase salaries.

3. "Best place to work"

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are all very committed people, who are hard working and professional. The workplace is high energy and I love coming to work. Good benefits.

Cons

Wages are not competitive.

4. "EA"

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They understand that you have a personal life and encourage you to embrace life. They offer great training, not only in the beginning of my job position, but ongoing as well. When I needed to take an already scheduled vacation (before I was hired) they were flexible and accommodating. Great health insurance benefits. Competitive pay.

Cons

Longer hours than some people are accustomed to.

5. "A place that really allows you to bring your authenic self to work"

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time

Pros

Genuine support.
    Positively make an impact everyday.
    Real accountability.

Cons

Occasionally I have to work on weekends, but this is the nature of my role.

6. "You Know You Matter"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyday you get to see and know you are making a difference. The people who do the programs are very inspiring.

Cons

The hours are long and it is challenging to sometimes to create balance between work and life.

7. "Great Opportunity, Great Job"

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Landmark is being part of an organization that practices what it teaches - as a top-notch training and development company, the development and training I receive here far surpasses any in past jobs.

Cons

The hours are long and the expectations are high. Which is not a problem if you have a prior career in business. For younger employees, it can be a shock.

"An interesting experience."

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Landmark is the training and development you receive in working in a fast paced, intense, rigorous environment. After this job, you can do anything!!! You do make a difference for people and are supporting a company that is really committed to people living a great life.

Cons

One of the main issues when it comes to working for Landmark is that as a company, they have not re-invented what it is to be a staff member since the company began. Almost all of how the company does things and how "things are meant to be done" was put into place 20+ years ago and a lot has not been looked at newly. Although Landmark has evolved with the design of their actual weekend programs, they have forgotten about their biggest program - being a staff member. Landmark still uses threat, yelling, profanity, and blame as a way to get people to produce results which can be abusive and excessive at times. Upper management literally screams at management underneath them which then ripples onto the staff. They are very close minded when it comes to new ideas. Although upper management listens to your ideas, they are not actually interested in implementing your ideas which, after a while...is FRUSTRATING! Their systems for taking care of customers and doing business is archaic. It's very much a "you must call the customer" or "send a hard copy letter" environment vs actually confronting what day and age we live in and looking to see if maybe a simple text message would have the customer call back. Landmark simply does not invest the kind of money it needs to in order to update it's point of sale system - they still use hand written credit card slips which is actually quite funny. The hours are insane, and although Landmark says that if you have volunteers on your team you could get your job done in under 62 hours, it's HIGHLY UNREALISTIC and a pipe dream when you're actually on the court. You also can't take time off unless you have your department covered by people who don't get paid which honestly SUCKS given how hard the company work you. Your paycheck from Landmark does not actually reflect the work you do (most people are doing up to 5 different jobs and getting paid for 1).

Advice to Management

Although I know Landmark is so archaic that they won't probably ever read this, this is my advice: actually sit down and look at what is required of people to be a staff member for Landmark and be completely honest with yourself when you ask the question: are people authentically happy, free, peaceful, and planning to stay with this company for the rest of their lives? Look at your turnover rates and get to the source of THAT breakdown. Stop just finding new people every couple years. It's wasting you a BUNCH of money and time. Be a reflection of one of your company's main values: leaving people with an extraordinary experience (staff are actually people too). Don't just brush the thing about your center managers being abusive under the rug. Be open to the possibility of lowering your hour requirement to be a staff member. Test it out. I guarantee you will get better results. AND look- if you don't know how to do it...reach out to people who do. There are SOOOO many resources out there. Ask for support. Model yourself after companies like Google.

"Manager"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High motivation levels and a lot of new people

Cons

Manager humiliation no regard for the other one

Advice to Management

respect

10. "Great environment in which to work"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide part-time

Pros

Wonderful people, great training, terrific management

Cons

Pay mostly lower than market