Landmark Worldwide "make a difference" Reviews | Glassdoor

Landmark Worldwide Employee Reviews about "make a difference"

Updated Jul 7, 2019

3.8
Landmark Worldwide CEO Harry Rosenberg (no image)
Harry Rosenberg
Pros
  • "Best training ever, awesome opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others(in 17 reviews)

• "The best thing about working for Landmark is the training and development you receive in working in a fast paced, intense, rigorous environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, sometimes stressful managing statistics and targets/deadlines(in 19 reviews)

• "You will struggle to find anywhere else that is as fulfilling as being a staff member of Landmark after you leave(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "make a difference"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Co-Workers on the Planet"

Current Employee - Peronal Coach in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an extraordinary opportunity to work with people who are up for making a difference in the world, and up for the transformation of the world

Cons

Long hours, but I'm doing what I love, so not a problem!

Landmark Worldwide2017-12-12

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

They make you feel like you're making a difference and the programs really do make a difference.

Cons

They need to apply the training they provide for people to their own company culture and processes. Terrible business model, people are extremely overworked and underpaid. I did the calculation once, and I was making about $1.50 per hour.

Landmark Worldwide2019-06-18
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Director"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for a company who cares about my power freedom and peace of mind is priceless. I am free to create and design my job to match my Self-expression. I am acting on a global scale, and out to make a difference for all of humanity for all time.

Cons

Some people in my life don't get why I am so passionate about my work and give so much of myself.

Landmark Worldwide2017-12-11

"Enrollment and registration manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best training ever, awesome opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others!

Cons

long hours, sometimes stressful managing statistics and targets/deadlines

Landmark Worldwide2017-11-02

"You Know You Matter"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyday you get to see and know you are making a difference. The people who do the programs are very inspiring.

Cons

The hours are long and it is challenging to sometimes to create balance between work and life.

Landmark Worldwide2017-06-29

"An interesting experience."

Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about working for Landmark is the training and development you receive in working in a fast paced, intense, rigorous environment. After this job, you can do anything!!! You do make a difference for people and are supporting a company that is really committed to people living a great life.

Cons

One of the main issues when it comes to working for Landmark is that as a company, they have not re-invented what it is to be a staff member since the company began. Almost all of how the company does things and how "things are meant to be done" was put into place 20+ years ago and a lot has not been looked at newly. Although Landmark has evolved with the design of their actual weekend programs, they have forgotten about their biggest program - being a staff member. Landmark still uses threat, yelling, profanity, and blame as a way to get people to produce results which can be abusive and excessive at times. Upper management literally screams at management underneath them which then ripples onto the staff. They are very close minded when it comes to new ideas. Although upper management listens to your ideas, they are not actually interested in implementing your ideas which, after a while...is FRUSTRATING! Their systems for taking care of customers and doing business is archaic. It's very much a "you must call the customer" or "send a hard copy letter" environment vs actually confronting what day and age we live in and looking to see if maybe a simple text message would have the customer call back. Landmark simply does not invest the kind of money it needs to in order to update it's point of sale system - they still use hand written credit card slips which is actually quite funny. The hours are insane, and although Landmark says that if you have volunteers on your team you could get your job done in under 62 hours, it's HIGHLY UNREALISTIC and a pipe dream when you're actually on the court. You also can't take time off unless you have your department covered by people who don't get paid which honestly SUCKS given how hard the company work you. Your paycheck from Landmark does not actually reflect the work you do (most people are doing up to 5 different jobs and getting paid for 1).

Landmark Worldwide2017-04-04

"Landmark is Great!"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide

Pros

Having a job that really makes a difference and where you experience making a difference. Exciting Company has a lot of Integrity Lots of growth opportunities (personally and professionally)

Cons

Long hours Very tight management Hard to make time for other things in life because of the hours. Difficult to work here if you have kids.

Landmark Worldwide2016-11-08
  9. "Working at Landmark has given me an extraordinary life!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I get to make a difference every day the people I work with are committed to my success and the office environment is like a family. My ideas are valued and the suggestions for changes that I have made have been considered fairly.

Cons

Not a dog friendly work environment

Landmark Worldwide2016-06-08

"I would do it again in a heartbeat"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the best training there is for making a difference and being a leader. You prove your abilities to yourself and never get over it. I was challenged like no other time in my life and I am a much better person for it. where ever I go, I will be applying what I learned. The customers are some of the most inspiring people you will encounter. I still miss them. The health and dental benefits were the best I have ever found.

Cons

Work life balance could be improved. If my life circumstances had not changed, I would still be working there. However having elderly parents required I move home to help. Even if my parents lived in the same town, I would have found it almost impossible to take care of them and still work there.

Landmark Worldwide2016-04-22
  11. "Full time staff"

Registration Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide for more than 3 years

Pros

Meaningful, make a difference in the life of the customers. Get to be a demonstration of "Living Life Powerfully & Living A Life You Love". Lots of opportunity for growth and added responsibility. If you can make it happen it is yours. NO professional jealousy.

Cons

Long hours. No time to be less than full on.

Landmark Worldwide2015-10-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 17 reviews