Landmark Worldwide "staff member" Reviews | Glassdoor

Landmark Worldwide Employee Reviews about "staff member"

Updated Dec 15, 2018

3.8
Landmark Worldwide CEO Harry Rosenberg (no image)
Harry Rosenberg
Pros
  • "Best training ever, awesome opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others(in 17 reviews)

• "The best thing about working for Landmark is the training and development you receive in working in a fast paced, intense, rigorous environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, sometimes stressful managing statistics and targets/deadlines(in 19 reviews)

• "You will struggle to find anywhere else that is as fulfilling as being a staff member of Landmark after you leave(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "staff member"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "an extraordinary business for Human Beings"

Current Employee - Wisdom Course Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

new ways to live life new ways to complete the past extraordinary openings into what it is to be a human being keeps opening up new edges of growing and developing

Cons

generally misunderstood of what it is to a staff member at Landmark. It is an opportunity of a Lifetime, with a company that will support one in integrity, power and word.

Landmark Worldwide2017-12-11

"An interesting experience."

Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about working for Landmark is the training and development you receive in working in a fast paced, intense, rigorous environment. After this job, you can do anything!!! You do make a difference for people and are supporting a company that is really committed to people living a great life.

Cons

One of the main issues when it comes to working for Landmark is that as a company, they have not re-invented what it is to be a staff member since the company began. Almost all of how the company does things and how "things are meant to be done" was put into place 20+ years ago and a lot has not been looked at newly. Although Landmark has evolved with the design of their actual weekend programs, they have forgotten about their biggest program - being a staff member. Landmark still uses threat, yelling, profanity, and blame as a way to get people to produce results which can be abusive and excessive at times. Upper management literally screams at management underneath them which then ripples onto the staff. They are very close minded when it comes to new ideas. Although upper management listens to your ideas, they are not actually interested in implementing your ideas which, after a while...is FRUSTRATING! Their systems for taking care of customers and doing business is archaic. It's very much a "you must call the customer" or "send a hard copy letter" environment vs actually confronting what day and age we live in and looking to see if maybe a simple text message would have the customer call back. Landmark simply does not invest the kind of money it needs to in order to update it's point of sale system - they still use hand written credit card slips which is actually quite funny. The hours are insane, and although Landmark says that if you have volunteers on your team you could get your job done in under 62 hours, it's HIGHLY UNREALISTIC and a pipe dream when you're actually on the court. You also can't take time off unless you have your department covered by people who don't get paid which honestly SUCKS given how hard the company work you. Your paycheck from Landmark does not actually reflect the work you do (most people are doing up to 5 different jobs and getting paid for 1).

Landmark Worldwide2017-04-04
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"If you're into unprofessional management, honey badgers, and nervous breakdowns, than this gulag is for you, Comrade."

Former Employee - Anonymous Title in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice group of people in my department. I guess. Oh, and sometimes on Fridays some kind, faceless person offers the entire office homemade cookies. That person was rad.

Cons

- The higher-ups, with few exceptions, tend to throw really childish tantrums. My fellow colleagues and I once witnessed the a higher-up shouting and berating a staff member to the point that this person started crying in front of us. It was absolutely appalling. - Landmark has totalitarian standards when it comes to communication. They force employees to abide by the silliest, most pointless requirements when communicating. This probably sounds nit-picky, but seriously, you couldn't just send a simple email - you had to use monotonous language and go through dubious protocols when communicating via email. I never understand the point of it. - Employees were required to attend Forum classes as part of training. In these classes, much like in North Korean prison camps, you cannot communicate with the outside world, you have "self-criticism" sessions in which you criticize yourself for being a human being, and if you attempt to leave the weekend forum session early, you are hounded by the company (and would likely fired, not that I knew of anyone who tried this). Oh, but the experience is free, so that should make this a pro instead of a con, right? - All employees at world HQ were required to attend bi-weekly meetings. These meetings were completely pointless for at least 90% of staff and all they did was pat the CEO on the back and delay the work of employees.

Landmark Worldwide2015-03-19

"Program manager"

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people aside from management have good intentions. But they are then used and abused.

Cons

$60,000 gross salary for 80 hour weeks minimum. Slave labour from staff and people that assist. Illegal practices for both staff and people that ‘assist’. Then add the gaslighting, manipulation, threats, bullying to name a few. I was a successful staff member. Management do not practice the distinctions from the programs. It’s a money making scheme at all costs. They say they don’t make a lot of money, it’s not true just like a lot of things they say are lies.

Landmark Worldwide2018-12-15
  6. "The company I love most in the world!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Landmark Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The absolute best training you can get anywhere for producing results. - The training I got here to absolutely set me up to be extraordinarily effective in my life. - The people who work and assist here are unbelievably great. - The executives at Landmark really love and take care of their staff.

Cons

- The trade-off for getting all this amazing life altering training is you don't get paid a lot to work here. Like saving the planet or teaching, it is a calling to work here, you don't do it for the money. - You will struggle to find anywhere else that is as fulfilling as being a staff member of Landmark after you leave.

Landmark Worldwide2015-05-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews