Landry's Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Landry's Chairman, President, and CEO Tilman J. Fertitta
Tilman J. Fertitta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The base pay is very low and there's very little work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• When talking to upper management it is very important to use their language (in 26 reviews)

"Landry's Manager Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Landry's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Landry's is a smart company in its infrastructure and while it continues to grow, it continues to implement systems updates keeping it fresh in the ever evolving hospitality industry.

Cons

Corporate resources and support can be scarce. Culture is an important value to the company, but the time it takes for updated training materials, concept menu changes and approval can take sometimes months.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the goals of management on their individual, professional growth to best utilize talents before they get bogged down in the cogs and leave.

"Bad place to work"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO

Pros

They are competitive with pay in the area

Cons

They treat people horribly! Upper management very aggressive and arrogent.

Advice to Management

Been true 10 chef and even more general managers in the past ten years at the location I was at aquarium. That alone speaks volume to how they treat people. Hands down the worst job I ever had.

"Corporate!"

Former Employee - Sale Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sale Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Landry's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with a great team of talented people. The job environment within my building was great and easy to manage.

Cons

Everything with this company is a process. You learn quickly that there mandates come from much larger company issues and get shoved onto the ground floor employees without any explanation. Depending on the division that you work in it is not unlikely for upper corporate management to demand 6 day work weeks from managers in order to make up for high labor percentages . In the end you are just another number to this company.

Advice to Management

Landry's employees a number of talented, hard working individuals but sometimes the plethora of corporate demands causes them to loose focus on employee moral and quality of work. My advice is to not forget to balance the demands of being in Landrys management with the demands of being a leader to your team

"Landry's could care less about you as an hourly employee"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Denver, CO

I have been working at Landry's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was hard to come up with anything really besides the fact that they were flexible with my schedule

Cons

this place will literally suck the pride out of you I worked at the Aquarium Denver for almost 4 years. Management is so worried about meeting quotas for non-food items that only make the company money and "guests" un-happy. The other staff of servers and bartenders were called "salespeople" by our managers at the Aquarium in Denver, told we were not servers or waitstaff and then threatened to 2 table sections if we didn't sell select cards.(Usually we have at least 4 tables) This seems against the law in some way.

Advice to Management

Pull it together, listen to your employees A LOT more and maybe you'll save money on training so many new employees. That revenue you spend on training would probably suffice the few extra pennies your trying to make with these select cards. Try having a little appreciation for all that money we make you to put gas in your yacht Tillman!!!!