Lane Bryant "credit cards" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lane Bryant Employee Reviews about "credit cards"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

3.4
Lane Bryant Chief Executive Officer and President Linda Heasley (no image)
Linda Heasley
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, great employee discount at store and sister stores(in 87 reviews)

• "Great Discount, Received new product to test for free or extremely reasonable price ((in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having to stay trendy and maxing out credit cards for staying trendy at work(in 90 reviews)

• "Communication from upper management(in 41 reviews)

Reviews about "credit cards"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Customer Oriented"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy to learn the basics.

Cons

So much focus on the credit card

Lane Bryant2019-11-14

"Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burlington, NC

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment Love my manager Flexible work schedules The more you learn the more hours you can get

Cons

The biggest thing is that they harp on you about getting credits in when it's the same people who come in all the time and the ones who want a credit card already have one. If no one wants credit cards we cant force it on them...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employees that dont do the work and give it to the employees who want and need the hours. The customers are not always right.

Lane Bryant2019-06-13
  3. "If this is a job for extra money/school job, then this is perfect."

Former Employee - Part Time Key Holder in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

40% regular employee discount. 50% "Fashion Week" employee discount. It was a week of an extra 10% discount off, which they usually had every month and right before big launches/holidays. Passport to Fashion Booklet offered very good deals on apparel, accessories, Cacique and shoes that were better than your regular employee & Fashion Week discount. Meeting new women with different body shapes and helping... them feel good about themselves. If you had to go to another store to help out, you were paid for travel time.

Cons

Lane Bryant is very numbers oriented. They put a lot of pressure on their employees to make sales and get credit card apps. Before LB started their Rewards program for employees who rewarded employees for their good work, managers had to dish out their own money for incentives for employees. Very catty environment from other managers, which made it a very hostile work environment. I would have rather have had a... liveable wage than discount on clothes.

Lane Bryant2018-12-17
  4. "I really love my clients"

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time

Pros

I love having the opportunity to help clients, they're typically great

Cons

Far too many to count. If you like staying hours beyond when you're scheduled or if you're a fan of having to irritate your clients to meet sales/credit card goals this is the job for you.

Lane Bryant2018-05-25
  5. "Great Part-time work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Muncie, IN

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work, allows you to be social and really boost confidence of the client. Allows you to have your own style. very felixable with school schedule

Cons

large push on getting credit cards, even if you hit sales targets it doesn't matter unless you get credit targets. Management can be very content and not want to try and make store better in any way. Mediocrity is a theme.

Lane Bryant2018-04-08
  6. "I don't recommend"

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

-A good chunk of the customers are really nice and sometimes even make your whole day. -Free clothing/bras every so often. -It's a mostly body-positive space, and sometimes you can bring a client out of her shell and give her confidence she didn't have before.

Cons

-Getting people to open credit cards is literally the only thing that matters. During your interview it might be mentioned in passing that there's a store credit card, or sometimes not even at all, but once you're hired (and especially if you're promoted to a keyholder position) it's made clear that your hours and even your job is dependent on your ability to convince people to get the card. I have been lectured... and called out and even written up for not getting enough people to open cards. -You are put on blast if you don't "dress brand". Obviously you're supposed to dress nicely in order to be a representative at a clothing store, but you are required to wear makeup and have your nails and hair done, and you will be called out if you're deemed not attractive enough. -Management is unprofessional and talks about everyone behind their back and will cut your hours if they don't like you. -It is a hostile work environment. -The pay is low for the work you do.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they have complaints about their store manager. Either replace the manager, or require her/him to attend sensitivity training and possibly therapy. Retail has a high turnover rate in general, but Lane Bryant has a high turnover rate because of the store managers. Ask anyone who has quit suddenly. Relax on credits! The majority of women who shop there already have a card, and some days... there isn't anyone who doesn't have one or is willing to get one. That shouldn't be held against your employees. They are not lazy and they are not bad workers. The focus should be on the customer and her specific needs, not pushing credit cards. Negative reinforcement doesn't work. The whole brand is supposed to be about embracing your body and loving yourself at any size. Make it about that again! Your customers and employees will thank you.

Lane Bryant2018-05-01
  7. "Discount great except for frequently purchasing to stay trendy"

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time

Pros

Discount great, staff great to work with and sales leads and keykeepers offer the best training.

Cons

Having to stay trendy and maxing out credit cards for staying trendy at work. Having to wear dress shoes daily

Lane Bryant2018-03-08
  8. "Sales and Stock"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

Being in the stockroom was nice because you got to process shipment and listen to music.

Cons

Some of the clients expected too much, no commission, mandatory to get people to sign up for credit cards or they would cut your hours.

Advice to Management

relax

Lane Bryant2018-03-10

"Unless you're ready for a storm of bullsh*t don't work here."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Conroe, TX

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

-You get regular customers who are super sweet and kind. -Get to have a one on one experience with customers and really get them out of their shells. -If you have an awesome manager, you can have an awesome time. -Good for a first job.

Cons

Don't even get me started. -They will give you little to no hours for a week. When the company hands down the hours for the week, a huge chunk goes to the managers, and the rest is divided between the employees. This sucks especially when they hire more and more employees. -They don't respect your schedule. Are a college student? Work a second job? They don't care. They will call you everyday several times a day... for you to come in and do frat. Then chew you out for not coming in when asked if you say no. Or when it's time for you to clock out, they will try and make you stay overtime, manager might even yell at you for staying over time. -They want you to make the company a priority, if you don't, you're considered "noncompliant". -Dresscode is horrible. They have things called "Runway Weekends" where you are required to dress a certain way or where a certain article of clothing for that runway weekend. I would have my tags checked to make sure I was wearing their merchandise and not a competitors. This will seriously bust you wallet even with the 40% discount, because the dress code is not relaxed by any means. You will be dress coded for the simplest things like if you aren't wearing enough makeup, you wear the wrong kind of slacks, etc. you want freedom go wear what you want? Don't go to here. -They don't respect your decisions. They have a team of employees dedicated to redoing the store when it's time for a new floor set or outfits on mannequins. I was asked if I wanted to join when someone quit and I refused to. Was forced to do it and had my job threatened if I didn't do it. Manager said "she knows what's best for me". Was there one night till 6am when I had a exam in the morning at 8am. -No care for safety. If you think those mannequins on top of the shelfs on walls are light, you're wrongly mistaken. They require you to be able to lift 50lbs and they are a huge reason why. Those mannequins weigh about 20 to 25lbs. And are fine on their own. But sometimes the Paper that says what needs to be on them and where they need to go has them up on the tallest shelves which you need the 10ft ladder to reach. When you have to pull those mannequins down, you have to do it two-handed. So 1. You have no way of holding onto the ladder while coming down. 2. No one holds the ladder for you, because sometimes you do this during the day, and you will mostly have yourself and a manager working at a time. And if a customer comes in, they will leave you there. 3. Those ladder's are old, I've been to 3 different Lane Bryant's and they don't replace them until they walk apart, no matter how creaky, wobbly, and unstable they are. -Have WAY to many black out days. They black out the whole entire months of November and December as well as half of January. So if your birthday is in either of those months or half a family trip, it sucks to be you. -You WILL get in trouble if you don't get people to sign up for the credit cards. You have to get at least 3 to 5 a week. And it's the worst thing having to promote them to customers. The whole experience with customers could be going great, until you mention the credit card. Then they just glare at you and immediately lose respect for you. And if you try to just not ask, managers will know and scold you for it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better!! Replace the equipment and require safety rules when using the heavy duty equipment! Respect people's outside lives and stop preaching "The company comes first" nonsense. And for damn sake stop pressing those credit cards. The Runway Weekends need to stop unless you provide the product you're trying to sale for free to your employees!! Some of us have to use that money for rent!! Not to... give back to you greedy snobs!!

Lane Bryant2018-03-04

"Managerial Style is Important"

Sales Associate/Cashier in Sherman, TX

I worked at Lane Bryant for less than a year

Pros

Steady work, decent hours, and pay

Cons

Always have to ask customers if they want to apply for a credit card. The market is oversaturated with customers who already have one. It gets old fast.

Lane Bryant2018-01-10